Home

The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium - Released

As far as I can recall right now these are the heads/oortrait/appearance 2das. I have several mods, that change the appearance of the NPCs and one, that makes Mission Vao selectable as PC. The other mods had all the TSL Patcher included, so it was not difficult to merge them.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as I can recall right now these are the heads/oortrait/appearance 2das. I have several mods, that change the appearance of the NPCs and one, that makes Mission Vao selectable as PC. The other mods had all the TSL Patcher included, so it was not difficult to merge them.

I hardcoded the appearance entry number into the .UTCs. Therefore, if you change the entry number in the appearance.2da, the character in game will be messed up. In order for your edits to work, you would have to go through all of the .utcs and change the appearance entry numbers. (They maybe under another designation. Since I don't have the mod or TSL installed, I couldn't tell you the exact naming convention.) This could endup being messy.

I'm starting to get a little sick of waiting for Lucasfiles to fix whatever its problem is, so I'm just going to stop visiting for a while. If anyone out there is feeling especially civic-minded, drop me a line at my address [PM Me] when they finally have things fixed up. Thanks.

Moderator note: Please do not post your email address on the forums, it only invites harvesting spam-bots. Use the Private Message function, or the email link in the user profile. ~M

I'm starting to get a little sick of waiting for Lucasfiles to fix whatever its problem is, so I'm just going to stop visiting for a while. If anyone out there is feeling especially civic-minded, drop me a line at my address (----------------) when they finally have things fixed up. Thanks.

I can understand your cunundrom. I am having the same problems myself. I would post something in the feedback forums, and not in my mod release thread. Please.

If you are having issues with downloading, please add your comments here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171605

I am having trouble. Where do you find Bastila on Telos?

First welcome to the Forum. Post 144 - 155 in this thread should answer your question.

She's standing in the grass right next to the info console (the one where you get the map of the area) right near the entrance to the Ithorian's place. If you start from a Peragus save (or just before you get to Telos for the first time) you should be good to go. Make sure the files for the mod are not in subfolders in your override folder. If they are, move them up to the main override folder. Do the same with the modules folder, too. There might have been an issue with a conflict with USM, but I thought he fixed that. Good luck!

Bastila's (1st Appearance) [/b] can be found on Telos outside of the Ithorian Compound. She will be standing next to the 'transit system'. Sometimes her robes causes her to blend in with the tree and foliage. Talking to her on Telos activates the entire mod. If you have anymore problems, please feel free to ask for help.

• 3 weeks later...

The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium (Vrs. 1.00.30)

Something is upon the horizon.

This will be a revised version, which I personally want to see done. I have noted some issues (stated in this thread), and I am going to address as many of them as possible. I don't have a release date in mind, but I will make a posting when it is finished. I enjoy the pallate that KotOR II has provided. Eventhough the story is contriversially (new word) complete, I find TSL's vastness and open spaces yelling, "Open Canvas.".

My descision to go back to DAP is a personal one. I started my improvements a few hours ago, and I will be back at it later. When the newer version is complete, I will make it available online. I am mostly concentrating on mod-layout, and how placeables and characters are positioned. I started a revision to 303NAR. I am slowly rebuilding the .git file in a more artistic and organized manner.

Before I started my revision, I entered the level without a mod. Actually, I have been playing a fresh game without any mods installed. Once I got to the Nar Shaddaa's docks, I began to see new potential. After going through several of the .utcs, I descided to take advantage of some of the 'cut' characters. I thought they would improve DAP.

If anyone has anything 'simple' that needs addressing, please leave a post in thtis thread. I will weigh it against the other stuff I want done, and see if it will add anything to the set.

Hopefully, the admins will allow a copy to be posted at LucasFiles.com.

Thanks,

MacCorp

MacCorp,

So far your mod has been good stuff, but I've only been so far as to meet Bastilla on Telos. I'm currently playing it with a bunch of other mods, including:

Final Touch by Oldflash (gives you a kick in visuals)

Super Enhanced Mod by Shem (I changed quite a bit of it myself)

High Level Powers by stroffe -mkb- (haven't got to that yet)

Visas Underwear Series by MacLeod (love that ;D)

&

Remote tells Influence mod by tk102

I'm not sure if they're all compatible, but I'll try everything out and let you know. Cheers.

MacCorp,

So far your mod has been good stuff, but I've only been so far as to meet Bastilla on Telos. I'm currently playing it with a bunch of other mods, including:

Final Touch by Oldflash (gives you a kick in visuals)

Super Enhanced Mod by Shem (I changed quite a bit of it myself)

High Level Powers by stroffe -mkb- (haven't got to that yet)

Visas Underwear Series by MacLeod (love that ;D)

&

Remote tells Influence mod by tk102

I'm not sure if they're all compatible, but I'll try everything out and let you know. Cheers.

Cool Thanks! :)

I cannot give a accurate status report, for I am going to take my time on this project. However, Saturday evening is when I really went to work on this mod. I rewrote the .git files for 303NAR and 301NAR. Now, they have the up to date .git version, which comes with the TSL 1.0b patch. I also added small things to the levels, and went through all the character, placeables, and script files for the modules. All that I have to do is go through the dialouge files.

Here is a small list of changes, but its not the entire list:

303NAR: New Changes

- Went through all the files, and redesignated everything. There were extra files, which I must have accidently pack away. I took care of the mess I left.

- Rewrote the .git files using the altered .gits that came with the TSL 1.0b patch. They actually run smoother, and there is no longer any lagging. (This might also be due to the factor that I upgraded my system RAM.)

- I changed the Sith Assassins' lightsabers. I didn't realize they had Guardian Class sabers, so now they all have the traditional red.

- While rewritting the .git files, I noticed I accidently deleted a backpack. I made the adjustment, and it is now back in game.

- I added three characters to the set, which were originally 'cut' from the final game.

- Added the expansion bounty to Bossk.

- I added a few more placeables to the environment.

301NAR: New Changes

- Added 'Sek'esh' to the level.

- Added a few more placeables. I wanted to bring a little more life to Nar Shaddaa.

- Adjusted the orientation of a few placeables.

- Rewrote the .git files using the altered .gits that came with the TSL 1.0b patch. They actually run smoother, and there is no longer any lagging. (This might also be due to the factor that I upgraded my system RAM.)

Before I get to the dialouges, I am heading to Dantooine. More to do.

Yeah, I played up to Nar Shaddaa & Dantooine today. Your dialouges could use a little more life, but we'll worry about that later, eh? More importantly, your mod works fine with Final Touch even though there is conflict with the 2 appearance.2da files.

I suggest you make the changes in the appearance.2da known to public so that users can manually configure their appearance.2da without your mod conflicting others.

Yeah, I played up to Nar Shaddaa & Dantooine today. Your dialouges could use a little more life, but we'll worry about that later, eh? More importantly, your mod works fine with Final Touch even though there is conflict with the 2 appearance.2da files.

I suggest you make the changes in the appearance.2da known to public so that users can manually configure their appearance.2da without your mod conflicting others.

Yes. I was going to release the Changes file, which is created by the TSL Patcher. I will make it available as a reference key, so people can track what I have done. I did add the changes I originally made into the readme file, but I believe it gets lost in the chaos. Eventhough I am not using the patcher as it was ment to be, I am still finding other uses for it. Maybe releasing the changes file will allow people to tweak another modder's .2da files.

When I get home tonight, I will be heading towards Dantooine. After I make all the key changes, I will be playing the mod through. I have save games in specific locations, so I don't have to fuss around.

Nar Shaddaa is pretty much done.

Even though I have alot of homework to do, this is allowing me to free up my mind. So, my cognitions are more relaxed and focused.

QUESTIONS TO DAP INSTALLERS

There were comments made, but I cannot track their specifics down. I am drawing from memory, so please be patient with my encrypted statements.

1. Does everyone have an issue with Bastila's Telos dialouge not firing off a Journal Entry? Or - Is missing a Journal Entry?

2. Is everyone able to find all the DAP items, which are hidden throughout the game levels?

3. Since this mod had gone through extensive dialouge editing, did anyone happen to come across a specific grammar/spelling issue?

Yeah, I played up to Nar Shaddaa & Dantooine today. Your dialouges could use a little more life, but we'll worry about that later, eh?

Nothing in the current story is going to change. I have received high compliments about the story, and I don't want to mess with it. I am only adding a bounty, and a few lines to a merchant. Nothing more.

Yes. I was going to release the Changes file, which is created by the TSL Patcher. I will make it available as a reference key, so people can track what I have done. I did add the changes I originally made into the readme file, but I believe it gets lost in the chaos. Eventhough I am not using the patcher as it was ment to be, I am still finding other uses for it. Maybe releasing the changes file will allow people to tweak another modder's .2da files.
Hmm, well, then I might have to try my hand at making the mod use TSLPatcher for installation for the practice and my own education. :dev7: And, if I get it working right, I'll ask if you want it to be distributed that way for others to use.

1. Does everyone have an issue with Bastila's Telos dialouge not firing off a Journal Entry? Or - Is missing a Journal Entry?
I didn't have a problem with it except for the incompatibility with the Holowan Plugin (which is due to 2 files from the Holowan Plugin being present in the Override folder - "999comf.dlg" and "ond_dip.utc"; see post #119 in this thread). Not sure how you could fix it on your end other than to use different filenames for the conflicting files, but then you'd still have a duplicate hanging around with the wrong dialog. Probably just better off telling people to remove those files if they have the Holowan Plugin installed or having them as separate files to be copied into the Override folder and overwrite any that are already there.

2. Is everyone able to find all the DAP items, which are hidden throughout the game levels?
I'm fairly certain that I did.

3. Since this mod had gone through extensive dialouge editing, did anyone happen to come across a specific grammar/spelling issue?

Can't recall any at the moment. I'll let you know if I think of any or encounter them during a playthrough. Although, I'm currently spending more time playing World of Warcraft than KotOR2.

Anyway, sounds like you're doing well with the new changes, and I'm itching to play them. Glad to see you actively working on this mod again. And, hope your studies are going well. :thumbsup:

Can I know the full details of the quests? Because after you take the quest from Bastila in Dantooine about her bounty, and talk to Naomi Sunrider, the whole thing just ends. I'm not sure if there's more, so can I get a confirmation?

Also, which point in the game does Bastila use the provided armor set? Throughout the game, I've only seen her use the yellowish-green outfit that she was in on Telos.

Can I know the full details of the quests? Because after you take the quest from Bastila in Dantooine about her bounty, and talk to Naomi Sunrider, the whole thing just ends. I'm not sure if there's more, so can I get a confirmation?

Also, which point in the game does Bastila use the provided armor set? Throughout the game, I've only seen her use the yellowish-green outfit that she was in on Telos.

As you play the mod, go back to the Journal Entries. Like all the other quests, I designed the Journal Entries to reference your status. If there is no Journal Entry in the 'active', check the 'completed' entries.

Bastila's outfit choices are in the .zip file. You have to install her darkside clothing seperately.

Yeah. I rechecked your Readme, and it was 3 sidequests. Well-made if I might add. If possible though, I would prefer that the NPC responses come in single/double lines instead of saying everything at one go.

I'm going to go check out if I can resolve the Bastila outfit problem now.

NEW TO DAP SERIES

Mistress Death (a.k.a: Darth Unknown) is coming to KotOR II, and she will find a home in the DAP series. After tinkering around with a few designs, someone very special will be arriving to Telos. Before you meet up with Bastila, you will encounter a historical KotOR character. She is one-ticked-off Sith Lord with an attitude.

"The circle is now complete." - Lord Vader

Unknown = I don't have a Darth sir name as of yet.

Archived