Home

The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium - Released

Dantooine 601DAN - Feet Problem:

I just did some tests, and I concluded that it was not caused by this mod. When your feet disapear on Dantooine, I found it may be a graphics card problem, or the level was designed that way. I entered the module without the mod installed, and found that the PC's feet disapear when you first enter the grass. I didn't walk around the whole module, but I can tell you it was not caused by The Dark Apprentice. The problem existed before hand.

Telos 'Docking Module - Lighside Dialogue 2 Second Hang Up:

I did a test with and without the mod installed, and found that the dialogue hang up is not caused by this mod. If you are wondering what I am talking about: When you are heading towards the Ithorian shuttle bay, you are intercepted by two Czerka Officers. After you follow the lightside dialogue, the last line 'I am not intrested' will hang for a few moments. This hang up is unrelated.

Dantooine 601DAN - Rebuilt:

Eventhough I didn't find any problems that were a direct result of my changes, I went ahead an rebuilt the .git file for module 601DAN.

NPC - Dificulty Levels:

I have altered all the NPC dificulty levels of the characters that I have added. Someone had mentioned they were too easy to defeate, so I took care of that problem. It is now too dificult for one of your team mates to defeate them alone. You will have to work out a skillfull way to overcome the new NPCs. They are beatable.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i downloaded this mod a few days ago. And when i went to talk to Bastila there was no sound, the volume was up and i could background sound but not her voice. Do you hear Bastila or anyone else talk in this. Is there something i am doing wrong?

Yes. I did stop working on KotOR II mods for the time being. At the moment, I am getting ready to take a vacation. I will be releasing the final version of DAP in at least two weeks. After getting out of college for the summer, I didn't get the chance to unwind. I promise to be back soon, and I will release the mod upon my return. :)

Since I didn't get feedback as of lately, I didn't think anyone was really intrested in this mod. So, I thought I would take my time. Sorry for the mixup. I will be back soon with a release. I am heading to Main for two weeks starting in the morning.

MacLeodCorp.

I downloaded this mod a few days ago and so far it is awesome. Except there is no sound during the speech. For example when bastilas talking there is no sound to her voice. Is there something i did wrong?

I downloaded this mod a few days ago and so far it is awesome. Except there is no sound during the speech. For example when bastilas talking there is no sound to her voice. Is there something i did wrong?

No, you did not do anything wrong. This is original work by MacLeodCorp, thus he had no sound data to use for the conversation with Bastila. You just have to read it as you use your imagination. I believe if MacLeodCorp really wanted to do a first rate Mod he would have hired Jennifer Hale to do a voice over for this Mod (Just Joking).

No, this is a wonderful Mod which I have played many times with no problems. He did recycle sounds for the Aliens, but was unable to do so with the English language.

Hope the reassures you and MacLeodCorp just wanted you to know that I am still wanting patiently for the updated version. Thanks again for your wonderful mod!

Yes. I did stop working on KotOR II mods for the time being. At the moment, I am getting ready to take a vacation. I will be releasing the final version of DAP in at least two weeks. After getting out of college for the summer, I didn't get the chance to unwind. I promise to be back soon, and I will release the mod upon my return. :)

Since I didn't get feedback as of lately, I didn't think anyone was really intrested in this mod. So, I thought I would take my time. Sorry for the mixup. I will be back soon with a release. I am heading to Main for two weeks starting in the morning.

MacLeodCorp.

sorry for not talking a lot

I have a futures mod list on my favorites that I look at almost daily

Not to be rude, I saw you would have release dates and then change the dates which was kind of a bummer when it didn't happen

p.s.-- to anyone who would respond to the above statement with comments like complex project, school and "real" life,,,,,I know(everybody knows)

Anyway, THANX to all you wonderful modders out there. you have made my visits to my favorite universe greater and more interesting.

(my girlfriend isn't so happy about it)

Started my first game with this mod last night on the dark side. Did everything on telos, dantooine and am at the start of Narshada and love it so far.

Only a few things i didnt like about it:

My usual route to get my lightsaber by killing Lootra for the last piece, I did got the one on telos though, was replaced with Nia (i think thats her name). Not a big deal, I just cant remember another fast way to get my saber made :p.

The only other thing is

Bastilla killed MIssion!?!?!?!? :ball: and i killed Bastilla!?!?!?!?!? :ball:

Aside from that great mod!!!

*edit*

I found Lootra in a different room then I remember him being in... maybe im just an idiot...

:dsaber:IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :dsaber:

I made an executive modding discision. The upgrade to DAP is on hiatus. Due to the wanting of rest and relaxation, I decided to put a hold on its release. At the current moment, I am running my harddrive game free. When there is something important about DAP to post, I will post new information here. From where I stand now, I think that DAP is in a complete state. I enjoyed working on the project with so many great people. Over the past year and a half, I have worked with some of the most talented modders I have encountered.

I would like to take the time to thank to following people, for they have inspired my curiosity, challanged my wisdom, and helped push for DAP's final cut.

Jae Onasi (Editor and Beta Testing)

Responsible for dialogue editing, story editing, and the testing of mod functionality and playability.

Darth InSidious (Beta-Testing)

Responsible for testing the functionality of mod execution and playability.

T7nowhere (Lightsaber Developer)

Responsible for the development of various lightsabers.

Contributed the following: Bastila’s Lightsaber and the Dark Apprentice Lightsaber.

Commas (Robes Developer)

Responsible for the development of texture for robes.

Contributed the following: Dark ‘Apprentice’ Robes, Dark ‘Padawan’ Robes

(Also includes any other robes that use similar texture files.)

Darth Moeller (Robes Developer)

Responsible for the development of texture for robes.

Contributed the following: Dark ‘Jedi’ Robes

(Also includes any other robes that use similar texture files.)

Darth333 & ChAiNz.2da (Script Guidance and Advice)

Lucasforums.com Visitors

Feedback and Support

--------------------------------

THANK YOU ALL

MacLeodCorp. (Mod Coordinator)

Responsible for scripting, module editing, story development, and dialogue creation.

Contributed the following textures: Dia’s Clothes, Bastila’s Clothes and Darkside Transitions, PC Darkside Transitions, Nomi’s Clothes, Dagobah ‘Exile’ Robes

Keep an eye out for DAP in Fan-Fiction form.

DAP's upgrade is on hiatus. At the moment, I am running my computer game free.

:crybaby: Sorry to hear that. I myself have just gotten Windows re-installed and working, re-installed TSL, and am in the process of installing the mods I want to use. I was, and I'm sure others were, looking forward to playing your next version of DAP. But, I guess I'll have to settle with v. 1.00.23 (which is at least newer than the last one tried [being the Gold, before Holowan Consortium]).

But, I also understand how life (or at least school) can and should be more important at times. I wish you well in your studies. And, thanks for all the work you've done in modding KotOR & TSL. :thumbs1:

• 2 weeks later...
Any chance of seeing Bastila as a joinable npc later on? Thought thats what this was when I installed it....

I am thinking of releasing the expansion pieces seperately, however, I have not made up my mind.

I will be starting a new KotOR I game tonight, and I want to enjoy a play through without worrying about mods. However, I have been thinking, and all I have been doing is thinking. I was thinking about making Bastila's (DAP) version robes available for Bastila to wear in KotOR I. The texture files are the same, and the .utc designations are similar. I am also thinking, only thinking, about making Bastila's profiles and DS Head transitions compatible for KotOR I. I will have to make some changes, so they are compatible. I have a small note book filled with ideas, but I have not been in the mood. I promise to let people know about what I descide.

At the moment, I want to just enjoy a play through of KotOR I. No pressure, no time table, and no expectations.

• 3 weeks later...

I've started up a new TSL game with a bunch of mods installed (including DAP:HC, HP, and USM among many others) and have been enjoying it. :lsduel: BTW, I like what you've done with DAP:HC, MacLeodCorp, and thanks to others who helped with it as well. :thumbs1: So far, I've played through leaving Telos, visited Dantooine (going back again), and finished Nar Shaddaa.

However, I noticed some conflicts with files from the Holowan Plugin and the Ultimate Saber Mod that go into the Override folder overriding those from DAP:HC's .MOD files. :smash: Most of them are fine that way, as the other mods have updates to them for bug fixes or for support of mods. But, in particular, for proper operation of DAP:HC, "999comf.dlg" and "ond_dip.utc" from the Holowan Plugin should be removed from the Override folder (so that the ones from DAP:HC's "204TEL.MOD" will be used). When I had them in Override, I got the wrong dialog with Bastila on Telos (thus causing the quest not to activate) and there was a copy of her named something like "The Lost Jedi" in the medical center.

Thought you'd want to know. You might want to put a notice about removing those conflicting files from the Override in the installation instructions so more people will be know how to fix the problem should they have it. At least it doesn't require any changes to the actual mod.

And, enjoy playing KotOR 1 again. :)

The mod is wonderful!

However, I noticed that there were several spelling errors in the script and the writing seemed a little too excited (many of the lines ended in exclamation points, making the characters seem a bit, well, hyper when they probably shouldn't be). I realize a lot of hard work went into putting it together, so rather than give somebody a headache, I was wondering if it would be possible to make changes in the script for my own personal use. I consider myself a bit programming-retarted, so I would need a little instruction as to how I would go about making small changes. Again, this would be for my own personal use and I would not upload or take any credit for any prior work on the mod.

Thanks!

Making changes for ones own computer not to be uploaded is allowed without any permission needed. As to how to change the dialog you will need to download dlgeditor.

Thanks for your help. Where would I find the editing program and does it come with intructions? I wouldn't want to ruin anything.

Archived