Home

V for Vendetta talkback (SPOILERZ)

Zappa_0

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched it again... still liked it... :)

One thing though: V must have had at least one other person working with him: the person who shaves Evie's head...

Also seen Inside man (good film with bad name - much better than i expected), Hostel (too much like a takashi miike film for me to really enjoy - v violent) and Hills have Eyes (good fun dumb horror flick) over the last week. Went nuts on movies!

Yeah, but they weren't that realistic and only worked in dark environments... she gets her head shaved at very close range in a very brightly lit room... unless he had mission-impossible style masking abilities she would have had to have noticed something was up...

@toms - seems likely to me that he wouldn't allow her to look at his face atall whilst he was shaving her head. Force her in from behind her, make her sit down, and she's so freakin' out she doesn't look like she's even interested in seeing who is shaving her head.

@mike - he stole it. He even SAID that he stole it. If we're going to wonder anything we should be wondering how he managed the manufacture and shipment of hundreds of thousands of the V masks. :xp:

@toms - seems likely to me that he wouldn't allow her to look at his face atall whilst he was shaving her head. Force her in from behind her, make her sit down, and she's so freakin' out she doesn't look like she's even interested in seeing who is shaving her head.

@mike - he stole it. He even SAID that he stole it. If we're going to wonder anything we should be wondering how he managed the manufacture and shipment of hundreds of thousands of the V masks. :xp:

Wow. Guess I missed that :xp:

Indeed, I also wondered about that. But I don't know.. I figure the guy's got what.. the ten years or so they said in the movie... he's been planning this? Maybe he's a really good mask maker.

Or maybe he got it from Chinamen. :p

The mask thing is simple.

He went to Sam's Club and bought in bulk.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved it, on the first page to the thing about parents complaining about video games being the source of teenagers being trouble, I recall V's line... If you wish to see the guilty, you need only to look in a mirror.... The "V Monologue" made my girlfriend's head hurt and she had a bet she could memorise it before her friend could. That was fun in itself, since afterwards they dubbed it into chipmunk. An intelligent action film and I didn't really care about the stuff about Evie getting her hair shaved or how V got all those masks, the shaver had gloves on so I just figured that was V, the second... and third time around... and he had a good what ten, twenty, thirty years to plan his revolution.

A revolution without dancing, is a revolution not worth having.

Last Saturday I was up in Minneapolis to see my sister and her husband over Easter. On Saturday my brother-in-law and I both went to see Vendetta in the IMAX in Apple Valley. It was $14 per f***ing ticket! Plus $5.30 for a large f***ing drink! $5.30! F***! Long story short, go see Vendetta in IMAX if you haven't already.

Anyways, I think they said that an IMAX screen is 6 stories tall and you can f***ing feel the sound. They even gave warnings before the movie about it

This was the first time seeing a traditional movie in an IMAX. The last time I was in an IMAX was in Cape Kennedy on a space shuttle tour and space movie thing several years ago so I didn't really know how kick @$$ was and is.

I hate IMAX theaters.

When I was nine we went to one to see this Titanic documentary, and we say WAY at the top. I had a panic attack that I was gonna fall.

Archived