Home

V for Vendetta talkback (SPOILERZ)

Zappa_0

Hey guys, just got back from seeing this movie and I must WOAH! That was awesome. Its gonna be another bit hit at the movies. The story is just awesome, and when its over your just gonna be amazed. But I did kinda looked for Neo showing up and Hugo Weaving saying "Mr. Anderson...what are you doing here?" But I love Hugo's voice with V "Oh not tonight". This movie is a must see in my books. So who else seen it tonight?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure weither to see this or not, it has very mixed reviews. I just need to know, if you don't care about the political part (whatever that may be), and if you don't care about the lesbian part, what does this movie have going for it?

"My Turn" Yea, parents just dont care anymore thats whats wrong with these kids today. I didnt really see any young kids, maybe some around 15 and up. Soundtrack comes out tuesday and has alot of the music from the movie, plus 3 singing songs. Look it up on Amazon they have 30 sec samples.

I haven't seen it, by via the trailers it looks like "1984" meets Phantom of the Opera and the Punisher (heck, John Hurt even played Winston in the '84 version of Nineteen Eighty-Four now he looks like he's playing Big Brother, and this is set in England to top it off!). Plus Nataline Portman looks like G.I. Jane or Ripley from Alien 3, with her shaved head.

And before anyone gets mad, I know it's based on a comic (which I've never read), so I'll leave it at that. Just my initial impression. I don't feel motivated to rush out and see V...

Think I'll pass on this one unless it happens to show at IMAX nearby, just for the big screen thrill of a popcorn flick.

V was good. Also it was probably the strangest movie I've seen in quite a while. I was very disappointed that

We never got to see V's face. Of course I know that his face isn't important (however that quote went), but I was let down nonetheless. I laughed like a fool at the start when he was talking with all those "v" words, and when he started conducting the explosives.

9/10, for being confusing and because I'm tired. :p

I was confused somewhat, too. I probably have to watch it 3 more times before I understand everything.

Anyone have it where everyone laughed when Evey said, "So, you're insane?" when V finished saying his "V Monolouge"? :D

Just got back from seeing it, and wow. It was really a great movie, easily the best one that's come out this year (though that isn't saying a whole lot..)

The plot is excellent, the acting is top-notch, and the action scenes, while few, were very well done. I loved it.

I don't understand all the hub-bub about the lesbians in this movie...it's not like there were any fullon lesbian love scenes, there was one scene with a woman kissing another woman, and they held hands some. Ohs. Noes. :rolleyes:

I personally thought this movie was so damn awesome I almost peed my pants multiple times. Natalie portman rocked in it, she was so good. Hugo Weaving brought more emotion to a mask than james earl jones did with Darth vader, thats how good this movie was. Fantastic Story, Characters, Action and Pure Awesomeness.

Archived