Home

BitTorrent Clients

This might lead to a locking because of piracy talk...

Just a reminder...

Personally, I use BitTornado. It works fine. I mostly use it to get demos and such because regular gaming sites either have bandwidth limits or are simply overcrowded. It depends on the file, but it can go as far as 300 kB/s as opposed to under 200 kB/s with the normal way.

This might lead to a locking because of piracy talk...

Just a reminder...

Personally, I use BitTornado. It works fine. I mostly use it to get demos and such because regular gaming sites either have bandwidth limits or are simply overcrowded. It depends on the file, but it can go as far as 300 kB/s as opposed to under 200 kB/s with the normal way.

P2P software is perfectly legal, so if people could stay away from the topic of piracy in this thread (or the rest of the forums for that matter)...

So then why did you even respond? It was just a reminder, and a good one to people posting in this thread at that. -RH

Utorrent > all.

My personal best was 1.5Mbps. Depending on the torrent, I get 600Kb/s regularly.

wow, what type of connection do you have ??

yes, I love utorrent as well. its such a little and tidy proggie :)

@LIAYD - torrents/p2p arent just for warez... alot of gameCos are starting to utilise them to distribute demos with large filesizes. They are also used heavily by students to share info :)

mtfbwya

I used to use Bittornado, but I switched to Azureus after a while. I get terrible speeds. We have a router for our network, and I know how to configure it to open up the ports needed, but when I enter in the IP address for the router, my dad's web page comes up :¬: So my speeds average about 30 kb/s. I think the best I've gotten is 60, and the worst is under 10 >.> Generally when I need to use it, I just let it download all night and it's done by morning.

Archived