Home

Commandos vs. Spartans

Bomberman65

clone L 6.....

Ever heard of difficulty levels. the shields take longer to drain depending on this level and damge is also diffrent for each of these levels. and if the shield strength were accurate for multiplayer it take a LONG time to take down a commando

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh ok, well how bout this?

Play RC Multiplayer. Grab the Trando Heavy Repeater. Kill a Trando/Commando. How long does it take? Like, 1 second? Now, what does the Heavy Repeater fire? Bullets. What does the Assault Rifle from Halo fire? Bullets. Sure, the Assault Rifle doesn't fire as fast as the HR, but it's still pretty fast. I doubt a Commando could a full clip based on the damage in RC.

Oh ok, well how bout this?

Play RC Multiplayer. Grab the Trando Heavy Repeater. Kill a Trando/Commando. How long does it take? Like, 1 second? Now, what does the Heavy Repeater fire? Bullets. What does the Assault Rifle from Halo fire? Bullets. Sure, the Assault Rifle doesn't fire as fast as the HR, but it's still pretty fast. I doubt a Commando could a full clip based on the damage in RC.

I'd think that an ACP submachine gun would be a more accurate comparison to the assault rifle.

Oh, yeah I was gonna mention something else in my post but forgot.

Commandos are clones of Jango Fett, a skilled and deadly bounty hunter. Spartans were nothing more than children. But, Spartans were given augmentations that the clones weren't. They were trained as soldiers, and then made even better. A Commando is a clone of a skilled soldier, but a Spartan IS a good soldier, with abilities far beyond a normal human being.

so are commandos they they are given changes to them before they are born and then recieve tráining that a spartan would get a heart attack from.

And i really wish you would brush up on your knwoledge on clones. just because someone is a clone doesnt mean changes werent adminstered to him/her.So can put your last line in your post were the sun dont shine and i dont mean yuuzahn'tar

Gee, if you hadn't gotten so snappy at me, I might have let this go, but now...well, you'll see.

This is all taken directly from The Fall of Reach:

"Wake up trainee!"

John rolled over in his cot and went back to sleep. He was dimly aware that this wasn't his room, and that there were other people here.

A shock jolted him-from his bare feet to the base of his spine. He yelled in surprise and fell off the cot. He shook of the disorientation from being nearly asleep and got up.

"I said UP, boot! You know which way up is?"

A man in a camoflauge uniform stood over John. His hair was shorn and gray at his temples. His dark eyes didn't look human-too big and balck and they didn't blink. He held a silver baton in one hand; he flicked it toward John and it sparked.

John backed away. He wasn't afraid of anything. Only little kids were afraid...but his body moved as far away from the instrument as possible.

Dozens of other men roused the rest of the children. Seventy-four boys and girls screamed and jumped out of their cots.

"I am Chief Petty Officer Mendez" the uniformed man next to John shouted. "The rest of these men are your instructors. You will do exactly as we tell you at all times."

Let's skip ahead a bit. After a quick shower, some more zaps from the stun batons, and being put into lines, they begin...

As he breathed the cold air he began to wake up. He started to remember. They had taken him in the middle of the night. They injected him with something and he slept for a long time. Then the woman who had given him the coin told him he couldn't go back. That he wouldn't see his mother or father-

"Jumping jacks!" Mendez shouted. "Count off to one hundred. Ready, go!" The officer started the exerciseand John followed his lead.

One boy refused-for a split-second. An instructor was on him instantly. The baton whipped into the boy's stomach. The kid doubled over. "Get with the program, boot," the trainer snarled. The boy uncurled and started jumping.

John had never done so many jumping jacks in his life. His arms and stomach and legs burned. Sweat trickled down his back.

"Ninety-eight-99-100." Mendez paused. He drew in a deep breath. "Sit-ups!" He dropped onto the grass. "Count off to one hundred. No slacking."

John threw himself on the ground.

"The first crewman who quits," Mendez said, "gets to run around the compound twice-and then comes back and does two hundred sit-ups. Ready...count off! One...two...three..."

Deep squats followed. Then knee bends.

John threw up, but that didn't buy him any respite. A trainer descended on him after a few seconds. John rolled back over and continued.

"Leg lifts." Mendez continued like he was a machine. As if they were all machines.

John couldn't go on-but he knew he'd get the baton again if he stopped. He tried; he had to move. His legs only sluggishly responded.

"Rest," Mendez finally called. "Trainers: get the water."

That's all I'll bother to type up, but in the same day they ran a few miles, and at the end were grouped up and put through an obstacle course. The group that was last through didn't get dinner.

Now, imagine all that for years. They forced these 6 year olds through the most grueling training imaginable, teaching them evrything they possibly could. They were dropped off in the woods and forced to somehow return to the base without anything to help them, among other exercises, sometimes with grown men trying to stop them. How can you think that the Commandos, whose training consisted of sitting at computer monitors and fighting holographic enemies, would even phase a Spartan?

O and the fur stays to help poor people on Tattoine!

umn poorpeople on tantooine dont wear cloth and are happy about.lol

Now to Bunny man.

The same thing happens to commandos they are told they are made to die have no life etc.

The commandos pitched against each other in fight to the death matches and have to go through the Slaughter house. They are killed at the firstinstance of malfunction or misconduct and are forced harder training than what you mentioned, because of their aging cycle. if they had a normal aging cycle they would go through the same.

Ok, spartans are the best of the Earth Forces right? Null ARCs are the best out of the clone army. The nulls ARE Jango Fett (who has killed plenty of Jedi and only died because of unlucky circumstances) AND then some, they were given physical and mental enhancements. Given photographic memory and are a lot stronger and faster than regular ARCs. They were supposed to be killed two years after they were born and one of them held a gun to their creators head because they knew what was going on, such courage at an early age shows how much damage they can do after growing up. So basically being physically "advanced" would mean that they are taller and stronger than a regular commando wherever 1.8 meters came from would mean they are around 2.0 meters tall. Photogenic memory would allow them to strategize accordingly, compensating tactics with how many bullets left in enemy's guns, trajectory of grenades, calculating how much distance between opposing force with help of "clanky" spartan shoes, and other calculations that require ungodly mental abilities that spartans lack.

Trandoshan heavy repeaters dont equal to halos submachine gun. I agree with Niner, ACP would be a better contrast to it. And it takes QUITE a while to kill a commando with that. Also, commandos use energy weapons as default while spartans use ballistic projectiles for default weaponry, and we all know energy shield - ballistic ammo = not much damage (takes a whole two smg clips to down someone with shields in halo) and energy shield - energy ammunition = lots of damage. Im pretty sure the covenant isnt going to lend energy rifles and pistols to spartans anytime soon. So in an ideal (no covenant attacking earth just spartans and null arcs, with the same physics), Null ARCS would kick spartan asses anytime. I guess this is what it boils down to in heriarchy:

Null ARCs > Spartans

Arcs = Spartans

clone commandos = earth shock troopers (black suited guys with silver helmet visors)

clone troopers = marines

SO if you mean republic commandos, Spartans will be victorious, ARCs will be an even match, and Null Arcs will pwn like there is no tomorrow.

I = have no idea who are null ARCs

Spartans = very tough bastards to kill

Spartans augs = basicly god among men

Stormtroopers vs Spartans = victory for Spartans

Clones vs Spartans = its a tie!

Spartans vs Hunters= easy victory

null ARCs vs Hunters = easy defeat

Its a simple math really.

i highly doubt the last one could even come close to being through... Null arcs would probably rip a hunter's head off and force feed it to its brother, without a hunter even shooting off a round and breaking a sweat... null arcs would totally rip a spartan in half.

oh what does he win, what does he win!!!!!

Free access to any pretty ladeez would be fine..

*Waves hand while hoping Force Persuade actually works*

I will add that the Kaminoans care for Clones like an expensive product. The first battle the Commandos had was painful with 50% casualites on Geonosis for them alone simply because they were used as infantry and so were probably just ordered to "charge into a bazillion SBDs and shoot wildly" (yes, it happens in the film). The Jedi have obviously never played any good RTS games when ordering the units around!

Spartans had "better" training methods though because real world experience is a lot better than simulation (something I dislike about the current US attitude to warfare and the painful results it shows). But ultimately, Spartans are more similar to ARCs than Commandos in usage.

The first battle the Commandos had was painful with 50% casualites on Geonosis for them alone simply because they were used as infantry and so were probably just ordered to "charge into a bazillion SBDs and shoot wildly" (yes, it happens in the film).

Well the Spartans suffered 99.99% Casualties on Reach. You're right about them being more like ARCs though.

Well the Spartans suffered 99.99% Casualties on Reach. You're right about them being more like ARCs though.

Heh, I like how you purposefully omitted the rest of the story.

First off, several Spartans, about 10, survived, so it was less than 99.99%.

Second, do you know how they died? The Covenant ships freakin melted the planet. With their ships. I doubt anything could survive giant balls of fire raining down on your head and turning the ground beneath your feet into fire.

Archived