Home

Star Wars: Warriors of the Force

"Whatever you do, don't cut a path in the trees - that'll make it easier for them to track us," he whispered, holding his sword ahead of him. He lept over fallen trees and exposed roots with ease. After almost an hour, he stopped. "Alright. We can wait here for Ty for a few minutes. If he's not here in ten, we have to go on without him."

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Note to self: running into a branch while fleeing a bunch of rouge Jedia in the pitch black is not good for the head. Or hair." Tari murmured, massaging a bruise on her head while carefully seperating a twig from her braid. "I hope he gets here soon. For some reason, having a bunch of blood thirsty maniacs sneaking up on me in the middle of the night does not seem very appealing."

He slowly walked out of the shadows behind Tari, a sniper beam rifle strapped over his right shoulder and his buster sword sheathed on his back, the knotted sheath not holding up too well. "Hey.." He said, he was busted up. His lip was bleeding, a long scar adorned his right eyebrow to the bottom of his right ear, his forehead was bleeding, his clothes were torn and dirty. His right arm was beat red with two scorch marks down it and his left leg had a scorch mark on it.

His leather jacket had been ripped and torn, but he was still in one piece. "He's heading north, so we have to.. not go where they are.. because.. well.. even I couldn't do what I wanted..Even if she tried to kill us.."

Jack had fallen sleep in the trench waiting for the possible threat to go. Instead he was awoken by a much more serious threat. The sounds of gun fire that rattled the forrest was a shock it Jack. He never thought the riots or attacks would reach this far. The sound of gunfire was too loud to be coming from the city. "How long have I been asleep?". Jack looked at his watch "Good god! I never thought this would happen so soon."

Jack got up a switched the light on his machiene gun, he then turned off the safety on the gun and charged up the trench. He legged it through bushes, leaves and brambels. Aside from his torchlight, everything was completely black.

Tacit pushed her gently out of the way to examine Ty's wounds. "These aren't too bad... There should be a plant nearby, with diamond shaped leaves. You might know it as the delisa. Bring me three of them, roots and all. Four, if you can. I can disinfect these wounds with the roots, and use the leaves as bandages. For the time being, at least."

"I know, I saw them. I was thinking about picking some up as I ran through, but you were going to fast. That's when I hit my head."

When Tacit looked at her strangely, she sighed. "My father may not have taught me how to fight, but I've learned how to heal. I'm more skilled with real supplies, but my mother studied herbs. I found a few arcane remedies and things in some of her journals when she...when she died." she looked up at him, her mind snapping back to the present. "Look at him, Tacit. How much blood do you think he's lost already? A few poltices might be alright for a few minutes, but he can't travel very far. Not hurt the way he is."

"I know, but we don't have time to treat him properly. We have to get out of here. All we can do for now is stop the bleeding, and make sure his wouds aren't infected. Find me some delisa, and some hekma leaves, if you can find them - those should work for bandages over the larger wounds."

"Tari, why don't you clean him up?" said Tacit, moving out of the way. His head was cocked to one side. "There's something..." he trailed off, removing his weapon from his belt, holding it ready. "Keep your heads down, and your weapons ready. I don't like this..."

He held a hand up as if to halt Tari. "Wait," he said, spinning the sniper rifle around and pulled it off his shoulder, setting the butt under his armpit and lifting it, looking through the scope, switching on thermal vision, taking a 360 sweep of the area. "Nothing.." he said, moving the weapon down.

"So far.."

High above them in a nearby tree, Zev watched the group below. The one they called Ty looked like he needed rest and healing, but obviously he was too proud to really submit to the girl Tari’s ministering. Well, it was his own fault he got injured. Zev had told him to go back and he had impulsively not heeded the warning.

“Fool,” Zev whispered.

"There's something..." Tacit trailed off, removing his weapon from his belt, holding it ready. "Keep your heads down, and your weapons ready. I don't like this..."

Tacit, however, was no fool, and Zev quickly flattened up against the trunk of the tree to avoid detection.

”Wait,” the one called Ty spoke. Then a pause. “Nothing. So far.”

Zev relaxed and watched them again. Not too far off in the distance, was a torchlight, bouncing and weaving through the thick forest, headed their way. A friend or a foe? Zev would just wait and see.

"Just... keep an eye out..." muttered Tacit distractedly, glancing up at the trees. There was something there...

"I'll be back," he said suddenly, moving away from the others. "Gashon: keep her safe," he ordered.

He moved off into the trees, igniting his weapon. He extended his senses, reaching out with his thoughts, touching the trees, the sleeping animals, the nocturnal predators...

Dropping to the ground and rolling, he threw his hand into the air and grabbed the figure with his mind, pulling it to the ground. A lithe figure landed on the ground, rolling into a crouch.

"Relax, Ty." Tari said, putting a hand on his shoulder and motioning for him to sit. "Katri and Tacit are on their guard. With their senses, there's little chance of someone sneaking up on us." I hope.

The man reluctantly sat down, his eyes continuing to scan the area, his gun not far from his twitching fingers.

"Here, Tacit, throw me my pack. I have some bandages and things that we could use." the Jedia did so, and she began to bandage off Ty's wounds.

"What happened?" she asked as she worked, "These aren't just scratches...some are blaster wounds. You didn't run into a scouting party, did you?"

“Clever boy,” Zev said in a low whispery sort of voice. “Foolish, but clever.”

As Tacit made a lunge forward. With lightning quick reactions, Zev leaped upwards, grabbed hold of a low hanging tree branch, and then rode it down to the ground before releasing it directly in Tacit’s path.

Unprepared for such an assault, the branch hit Tacit squarely in the chest, sending him flying backwards to the ground to lie on his back.

In an instant, a foot settled on the wrist holding his weapon, followed by a knee in his gut, essentially knocking the breath from him.

“I’ve no wish to harm you, Tacit,” Zev said, straddling over him as Tacit struggled to regain his breath. “But you left me no choice. A word of advice: before one attacks, it is wise to assess whether they are friend or foe.”

Zev released him, and moved back a few paces. “Someone approaches. Clumsy, and noisily, and afraid of the darkness. Beware.”

And with that, Zev stealthily disappeared into the dark forest, leaving little trace that they were ever there.

Tari's face paled, but her jaw was set defiantly. "It would only make sense." she murmured. She was the Ambassador's daughter. The daughter of one of the most important men on the planet, and that wasn't just her bragging. If not for her father, the government would have split long ago, and there would be three sides fighting in this war, not just two. By dividing the government, the Jedia would be able to weaken the resistance to their unified force, and the planet would be theirs. What better way to tear a chain apart than by removing the most crucial link?

Papa...

"Two seconds." Tari said, and finished tying off a bandage on Ty's arm. At the same time, she was studying the skin on his lower arm which was rather distorted. She was looking at it in near darkness, of course, but the skin seemed to be riddled by several cuts, scars, and bruises, none of them recent. She would ask later, she decided, as the noise of shouting reached her ears. It was far off, but...

"Alright. That'll have to do for now." she said, stuffing the excess items into her pack and slinging it over her shoulder again.

Archived