Home

Psychonauts MUSH (text based roleplaying game) - it's fun! maybe.

Here, Lucasforums. Happy easter. Enjoy this Psychonauts game that is so in development it's not even funny.

I'm planning on hiring staff, there will be Psychonauts EXAMS or something like that. I already know I want Smon and Gruducuuz on without playing favorites because they think differently, somewhat insanely, and that's encouraged. DEFINITELY encou--

oh right that has nothing to do with the game.

Right, this game is Psychonauts MUSH.

Here's an FAQ. But it's not really an FAQ. Nobody asked these questions.

1. WTF IS MUSH?!?

Good question poorly phrased, Billy! A MUSH is a "Multi User Shared Hallucination."

2. MOM SEZ DRUGz =R BAD

They sure are. Let me tell you a st--

Well, it's just a saying. The MUSH is actually a text-based roleplaying game. Where things happen, and... let's explain it in the next question.

3. I CANT WERK THIS THING HOW DOES I CONNECTZ?@!!?!?

It's easy.

For the people who want to get on NOW with ugly text and not being able to see their typing, just go to telnet, type in the prompt "open 67.37.176.160 4201" and you're there.

4. WHAT DO I DO 2 CONNECT

Another easy question. Create a character using "create (name, no parentheses) (password, no parentheses around here either!) (MEGA-WARNING. DO NOT MAKE AN IMPORTANT PSYCHONAUTS CHARACTER WITHOUT MY CONSENT. PM ME IF YOU WANT TO PLAY A FEATURE CHARACTER LIKE SASHA OR MILLA. This doesn't apply to the minor random campers, like Elton or Vernon.

Though if you play Vernon, you better play him right. That's another important rule.

5. COOL. NOW WHAT IS ALL THIS STUFF I DONT GET IT

The world is totally under construction. When there's more than like, 3 rooms, it will be open. However, right now we're just laying down the basic building blocks of Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp. If you REALLY wanna see it and how un-done it is, page Truman or Razputin and ask them "why monkeys aren't purple." That's the password to get into unfinished areas. If you read the rules, you'd know it.

6. I am so not nothing special. How do I make myself cool when you look at me.

@desc me="Description of yourself, PLEASE at least 50 words and PLEASE in proper English. We don't care about a few typos, but we'd rather not have it looking like the Off-Topic Party. Thanks! Love, the Admins."

THINGS THAT AREN'T ALLOWED, EVAR.

Talking about your personality or what you do when someone looks at you. A personality is something someone gets to know of you ICly. The way you act in character determines the way they see your character, in and out of character. We don't have "friendly guy who secretly overcharges his friends' credit cards" written on our faces or T-Shirts, I don't see how people could know that by looking at us. Show not tell.

And uh, you know, inappropriate stuff. You will be BAYNed faster than you can say "Psitanium" twenty times upside down with your head upside down in boiling water.

7. This is cool. I wanna make my own stuff.

This is what I'm worried about. The quota is 15, so I shouldn't be too worried, but here we go. You can @create something, which becomes an object. You can describe it using @desc <object name minus brackets>=<description, minus triangle brackets, again!> and ta-da. For example, @desc Backpack=This is a large brown backpack. It holds lots of things, like paintings, trophies, and Combos. Mmm, combos.

ALSO: NEVER MAKE YOUR OWN MERIT BADGES. NEVER, KAY? YOUR COUNTERFEITS WILL BE DESTROYED AND YOU WILL NOT BE REFUNDED FOR THEM. If you want us to add a psi-power, ask Razputin or Truman.

Now then. I forgot something critical.

8. Yeah that's cool but how do I talk and stuff?

First of all, @chan/on Public. That'll show you read the rules, 1, and 2, that's where most of the discussion will take place, besides Staff, which you pathetic mortals won't ever get to see. Just kidding! Some pathetic mortals will get to see.

Next, talking can be done with " or say. Type that before you talk. If you don't like it, google MushClient or SimpleMU. MUSHClient has an auto-talker. Though the talk action is dreadfully plain.

To do something besides talking, use pose or :.

Example:

:punches Raz in the face.

(ANOTHER WARNING: DO NOT GODMODE. EVER. YOU WILL BE LOCKED UP FOR REPEAT OFFENSES. THAT MEANS IF YOU GET IN A FIGHT, YOU START AN ATTACK AND WAIT FOR THE PERSON TO RESPOND. Example, if they fall over or if they dodge your attack. Capice?)

9. Wow, I love this game. I love it so much I want to become a wizard/royal and help it grow up into an awesome game.

Are you sure? We have to know you're not just some power-hungry punk who wants to ban their friend for stealing an item they forgot to lock. Staff is SERIOUS BUSINESS. Business serious = staff.

But either way, if you roleplay good, if you don't act stupid and keep up a good rep with the admin(s), you have a chance of being one of them. It's all about timing - when a staffer's in a good mood is the best time to ask.

You WILL have to have extensive knowledge of Psychonauts to join staff. EXTENSIVE.

10. Any more cool stuff on this awesome topic?

Here's my list of things to google - GoogList.

MUSHClient

SimpleMU

MUSHCODE

Psychonauts

Why KingCheez Owns So Much

How Do I Shot Web

Okay those last 2 are fake. That last one is just an unfunny reference.

This is your easter gift. I hope you like it.

Almost as much as I'll like the one I WISH I was getting. But that iBook can wait. I've got ADMINNING to do.

HANDY DANDY COMMANDS EDIT:

LOOK will let you look at things. LOOK ME will let you admire your good lookin' character. LOOK <ITEM OR CHARACTER> will let you admire that good lookin' ITEM OR CHARACTER.

WHO in all caps will let you see who's on.

+WHERE will let you see where in camp (or OOC-ness) they are.

+TODAY (once the weather system is done!!) will let you see what time it is.

+JIG will make you do a jig. Don't worry, nobody else can see it.

OH SO MANY EDITS

Use +pub to talk on public. Use "page Razputin" to whine.

When will the edit stop?

Use ooc <talk> to say something out-of-character. Use ooc :<pose> to pose something OOCly.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. You can do whatever you want WITHIN BOUNDARIES OF THE RULES. As an admin I'm sworn to be indifferent to anybody.

HERE'S HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN BRAIN AS TOUGHT BY ME!!

"@dig/tel Smon's Brain, @dig Smon's Brain Room Two=RoomTwo;r;rt, Room One;r;rt, @create Smon's Brain, @chzone here=Smon's Brain, r, @chzone here=Smon's Brain"

Change Smon to your in-character name, change the room names to what you want, be sure to @desc here in your rooms, and ta-da! You have a brain. Feel free to add more rooms using the @dig <room name>=<exit name>;<shortcut like how Smon's Brain's shortcut would beSB> <exit to go back to the current room name>;<shortcut>

Yeah.

Here, Lucasforums. Happy easter. Enjoy this Psychonauts game that is so in development it's not even funny.

I'm planning on hiring staff, there will be Psychonauts EXAMS or something like that. I already know I want Smon and Gruducuuz on without playing favorites because they think differently, somewhat insanely, and that's encouraged. DEFINITELY encou--

I feel so very special.

As soon as I figure out how, im heading over there.

EDIT: Just making sure, this is what you mean by telnet, right?

http://www.remotelyanywhere.com/dmcq/telnet.asp

what the hell is this?

Happy Easter peeps!

An online role-playing game much like a real time Forum RPG except rather graphical. You can see the items and players around you and such.

All in text-based form of course. Don't be a baby, give it a try. It's just like a forum RP without the massive suck.

Once you get on, it all starts getting clearer. The first 5 minutes are the most confusing. The next 3 are alright. The next 2 you've pretty much got it. The next 7 you'll be wondering where you are. The next 1 I'll probably wake up. The next 18 you'll make a bunch of stuff.

Darth: It's learning without crappy textbooks or teachers who scream at you. It's basically school minus everything but hanging out with your "friends."

Grud: Don't use telnet. Google for SimpleMU.

THE SERVER IS ALSO DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE LOL :<

Darth: It's learning without crappy textbooks or teachers who scream at you. It's basically school minus everything but hanging out with your "friends"

Still, I refuse to learn. Maybe I'll try it next week, when I have to learn in school.

Sorry for the server being down. I'll pretend to feel sympathy!

Archived