Home

Knights of the Old Republic: Darkness Falls II - Alliances

"I... I don't know. You'd... probably have to talk to the Doctor about that." He saw the look on her face, and changed tacts immediately. "But Kira... even if they did happen... from what I understand - not being there at the time - you weren't in control of your actions. You didn't know what you were doing."

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He moved up behind her, massaging her shoulders. "You weren't in control. It was those bloody Shards. I refuse to believe that you were in control of your actions."

She pulled away from him, not saying a word. "Kira... don't do this. Don't dwell on what happened. It wasn't your fault."

Kira leaned against the wall, her head resting against the cool metal of the bulk head.

"Still...the memories are there. Regardless of whether or not 'I was responsible', I commited those crimes. I fought the others...I nearly killed..." she blinked hard, refusing to go on with her sentence.

"No, Kira. That wasn't you. It was Darth... what did the Doctor call you? Darth Kourkon? It wasn't you! Please, don't do this to yourself!"

She didn't respond. He walked up to her and took her in his arms. "Please... I can't lose you to this."

Kira reached up, and put a hand over his. With a sigh, she leaned back against his chest.

"I've withstood worse before..." she whispered, "I'll get over this...it'll just take some time, that's all."

Of course, the experience had left its lasting marks on her already...but, like so many others, the scars will eventually fade...

Atton watched the proceedings from just beyond the door, his eyes narrowed at the man who was holding the Exile.

Why in the name of hell did he have to show up?? he thought to himself, fighting to control his anger. Everything was going fine, then some fag with a lightsaber shows up, tries to pick up where he left off some 10 years ago, and everything goes to hell!

"Perhaps..." the Exile murmured, and turned in his arms so that she now faced him. Her hands splayed across his chest as she looked up at him, their eyes meeting.

Revan was power. Looking into his eyes was like looking into the heart of the Force.

She nestled her head beneath his chin, content to just stand there in his arms.

"Just give me a moment." she whispered.

Atton's eyes narrowed further as he watched Kira return Revan's embrace.

I've seen enough of this. he thought, turned on his heel, and returned to the cockpit.

The Doctor stood in the TARDIS, his gloved hands gliding across the controls. There was a sharp rapping on the door. He snapped his fingers, and the door snapped open. Atton stepped in, closing the door behind him. "We need to talk."

The Doctor smiled darkly. "I wondered how long it would take you to speak to me," he said.

Atton stepped up beside him. "It's about-"

"Revan and Kira," finished the Doctor. "Yes, I imagined as much."

Atton stared at the floor for a moment. "Why did he have to come back?"

"Life is suffering, Atton," he said. "If sympathy is what you're looking for, you'll have to find it somewhere else. I have little tolerance for fools - and only a fool would let the woman he loves be swept out from under him."

"I don't need your sympathy," hissed Atton.

"Then why are you here?"

"I..." he stammered. "I... I need your help."

"I cannot help you," he said, looking up at him. "You must help yourself."

"How? I love her, Doc. I need her. But as long as Revan's in the way, I can't..."

"You can't what?"

"I can't take this anymore, Doc..." he said, turning to the wall and leaning against it, his eyes closed. "I can't... I can't see her with him anymore, it's... it's too much."

"Then perhaps you should do what you do best... and run away."

Atton glared at him. "I won't run. Not this time. I can't abandon Kira."

"Why? She has turned against you, Atton! She knows you love her! But she doesn't care!"

"She... she-"

"Enough," he said, lifting a hand. "You know what you must do. Whether you do it or not is entirely up to you."

~~~~~

Stepping back into the cockpit, Revan sat in the now vacant pilot's seat. He double checked their course, and leaned back in the chair, his hands behind his head.

"Comfortable?"

He spun aorund to see Atton in the door. "You're in my chair."

Rolling his eyes, Revan stood and moved to the co-pilot seat, making sure to smack his shoulder into Atton's on his way past. "We'll arrive at the Dreadless in about an hour," he said.

"Understood," said Atton coldly, sitting in the pilot seat. "Now why don't you go scrub the coolant tanks or something?"

Gritting his teeth, Revan remained silent.

"What? Oh, don't tell me that you decided now was a good time to fall back on that Jedi bull." Atton prodded.

- - - - - -

Sweeping her hair back behind her shoulder in a tired motion, Kira moved to the Hawk's galley, pouring herself a cup of caffa.

Nestling the steaming cup between her hands, she sipped it carefully, sighing as the scalding liquid passed across her tongue. When was she going to get five seconds to breathe? The Force seemed intent on having her run every moment of her life...

She looked over her shoulder as she heard steps on the metal floor, the Doctor coming into view.

"Oh...first time I've seen you out of the TARDIS, Doctor."

She looked away from him, taking another light sip of the caffa as she distracted herself from his cold glare by watching a light on a console blink on and off.

"I figured as much...after all there is another Time Lord here..."

After a moment, she turned back to him.

"Doctor...I've been having some dreams...almost like memories of what had happened...before...with the Shards. I thought that once we were sent back, those events would never have happened. At least not in this Time Line."

"Because you experienced them. But you did not part-take in them."

She continued to stare out the window.

"Think of what happened as if it were a dream: you experienced the events; you witnessed them; you even saw yourself commiting them. But they were not real."

“Tylor? Karda says to go in when you like,” Jasra said over the com to Tylor and his team on the Almanac. “Sounds like you’ve got some salvagers on board. Don’t know how many there are, but we can hear three of them where you are. They’ve got plans to blow up the ship when they’re done scrounging so watch out for explosives. Oh, and Karda wants you to take them alive. If possible,” she added, herself not particularly caring whether he did not.

As the Doctor moved over to the console and began to show Karda the ion trails left by the ships that had intersected with the Almanac, Jasra’s mind began to wander to thoughts of Brax. She could feel his presence drawing closer to her, and she hoped that he wouldn’t have any problems landing the cloaked Ssss on the Dreadless. And, more importantly, she hoped that none of the crew would notice an invisible ship landing in the docking bay she had opened for him, chalking it up to a simple malfunction or mistake.

“Jasra!”

“Huh?” She turned, suddenly aware that Karda had been trying to get her attention. “Sorry, what were you saying?”

Karda frowned at her lack of concentration. “Focus on the task at hand, Jasra,” he chastised her. “I was asking if you could scan the Almanac again. The Doctor has pointed out that there’s no ion trail for the salvager’s ship leaving the Almanac. That means, it’s still there somewhere.”

“Oh,” said Jasra, straightening her tunic. “Right.” She knew there was a ship latched on to the Almanac. Brax had told her as much already. But she couldn’t tell Karda that, so she scanned the Almanac again. “Yes. There’s an anomaly that could be a cloaked ship attached to the other side of the Almanac.” She put the information up on the main viewing screen. “Just there.”

Karda nodded. “Tylor?” he said into his com link. “We’re coming aboard to assist you. It appears that whoever is on board came from a ship that is still docked with the Almanac. If you can, secure whatever persons you find on board now, but make sure that other ship doesn’t leave. I want to see its nav logs. Karda out.”

Karda turned to the Doctor, Rose, Crystal, and, lastly Jasra. “Well? Shall we go and join Mr. Tylor and have a look around?”

Jasra nodded, and as Karda turned to leave, she couldn’t help but grin.

”Brax?” she called to him through their link. “We’re boarding the Almanac now. Make your way there and find me on board. But keep yourself cloaked. I don’t want Karda to interfere. Please, hurry, love. I’m so anxious to see you!”

She shivered with anticipation and desire. Pheromone addiction or not, she desperately wanted to see Brax. Mentor, teacher, partner…she felt incomplete without him near her. And she could hardly wait to see him again.

Tylor was standing over the unconius bodies of the savangers when he recived the call about the Jedi and the new additions where coming aboard "Great," He replied, "I now have complete access to most of the ship. However, the lights can't be turned off, it seems someone went alot of trouble to destroy everything single one. I'm going to open a way to the bridge. Unless you want to take the difficult route like mine."

"Erm, thanks for the offer, but I think we'll skip the ventilation ducts and wait for you to open the way up to the bridge, Mr. Tylor," Karda said into his portable com as he stepped through the airlock and aboard the Almanac along with the rest of the group.. "Jedi are very patient."

"And tidy. Don't want to get our tunics dirty from crawling through manky vents," Jasra commented quietly under her breath, although it was loud enough for Karda to hear and he gave her a sharp look.

"Just let us know when it's alright to procede to the bridge," he continued to Tylor. "In the meantime, we'll try to make our way to the aft section where the salvager's ship is docked."

They had just reached the spot where the rest of Tylor's marines were when Karda sensed something through the Force. Walking over to a storage bin, he opened it up and looked inside.

"Oh, and Tylor? Keep a sharp eye out for explosive charges," Karda said into the com as he pulled out a small device with tiny red and yellow flashing lights. "Remember, the salvagers were planning to blow up the ship when they were through with it. I've found a charge already, hidden in a storage bin, so there could be more hidden around the ship."

He tossed the charge to Jasra. "Here. See if you can disarm that."

"Me?" Jasra said, staring at it in her hands. "Why me?"

"Because it will give you something to focus on," he said. "I have a sense that your concentration is waning, Padawan. Keep your mind on the mission," he told her. "I don't want any mistakes." Turning to the Doctor, he said, "Doctor, stay close. I have a feeling that we may need your expertise in searching for clues as to what happened to the crew." He waved his hand for the Doctor, Rose and Crystal to follow him, leaving Jasra behind with the marines and the explosive charge.

"Fine," Jasra cynically called after Karda. "I'll just stay here and play bomb disposal with the soldiers."

"When Tylor gets the passage open, you head for the bridge. See what you can find. We'll meet you there later," Karda added over his shoulder.

"The ships scanner thingys are only picking up two bombs, one halfway through the passage is in the medbay and the other in the crew qauters. Stupid salvagers. Those are crap locations a for placing bombs, if they go if, well it would barely make it difficult for us to move about the ship. Think they've got something else planned?" asked Tylor through the com-link

Karda frowned. "Perhaps," he replied into the com link to Tylor. "Med bay and crew quarters...," he said quietly to himself. He paused, thinking for a minute. "Tylor, I think they may have been trying to hide something, rather than destroy the ship. See if you can safely dispose of the bomb in the crew quarters. The Doctor and I will take care of the one in the med bay."

He nodded to the others, a non-verbal clue to follow him to the med bay.

The Doctor nodded. "I believe it would be best if you buried these memories. Do not allow them to interfere. They are irrelevant."

He turned to the door. "I must return to my work. There is much to be done..."

With a flick of his cape, he was around the corner and out of sight.

Jasra stared blankly at the explosive charge in her hand that Karda had given her.

“Erm…you do know how to disarm that, don’t you, little Jedi?” one of the marines asked condescendingly.

Jasra’s eyes flicked up to meet his. She grasped one of the coloured wires. “It’s the blue one, right?” she asked tentatively. The marine’s eyes grew wide and he started forward to stop her, but before he could reach her, she yanked out the wire.

“No!” said the marine, and he put his arms up in attempt to shield himself from the impending blast. But none came. As he opened his eyes, he saw Jasra grinning at him. She hadn’t pulled anything out, but had used a mind trick on him to make him think that she had. The marine scowled at her, plainly upset that he had been fooled.

She tossed the device up into the air, and then caught it again. “I think I can figure it out, soldier,” she said to the marine as she cocked an eyebrow. “But, you’d better join your commanding officer on the bridge while I do it. Just to be on the safe side,” she added. Grumbling, the marine waved his companions ahead to go and join up with Tylor.

In truth, Jasra wanted to be alone for a while so she could meet with Brax when, and if, he came aboard the Almanac.

Archived