Home

Knights of the Old Republic: Darkness Falls II - Alliances

Tylor stood infront of a consel, his eyes not leaving the screen. He was looking at map of the ship. At this point was bored stiffless. He would have rather been at the bridge of the Dreadless doing some minor upgrades from his consel. However he boardem ended when he noticed something strang on the screen. "Hey Jedi's," Said Tylor through the com "Something's going on with the scalvengers ship. I just saw this... something on the ship just activated. I'm going to check it out. I've allready opened a path for me."

Marshall then picked up his torch and blaster and moved out.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real smooth move, Jasra, Crystal's teasing voice echoed in Jasra's head. Don't scare the soldiers too much, alright? I know why you want to be alone, but try not to overdo it.

Without a word, she continued to follow Karda toward the med bay.

Tylor, without hearing any objection, continued to the hanger. After only a minute of leaving the bridge he was confronted by a group of hostile savangers. The group was a mixture of species: 2 trandosians, 3 rodians and a jawa. "Freeze! I'm a republic Marine!" shouted Tylor as pointed his blaster and torch at the group. The jawa screemed and ran off meanwhile the rest of the group opened fire apon Tylor. Fortuanlly he was able to roll and take cover behind a create. "This is Tylor here, I'm being pin down, not sure of my exact location expect I'm being pin down. I require assistance."

((Alright guys, here's the deal. My seminars are done, but I still have two exams this week. I won't be able to post that often. I'm giving permission for Jasra to take control of the Doctor and Rose, and Kira to take control of the Doctor on the Hawk. I should be back and posting by the end of the week. I'll try to talk to you guys on MSN, but I don't have a lot of free time lately. Sorry.))

(((OOC: I'm back to the Forums! Thanks for keeping Karda, Jasra.)))

Tylor's message came through on Karda's comlink.

"This is Tylor here, I'm being pinned down, not sure of my exact location except I'm being pinned down. I require assistance!"

"Interesting." Karda murmured. "Doctor, do you think that you and Crystal can take care of the bomb in the med bay? I'm going to find Tylor and see what is going on with him. I'll need to signal some Republic marines, also." He started off, then paused. "Unless you think you could do it easier."

((OOC: Welcome back, Rob! We missed you! Glad you are able to take over Karda again. DF wouldn't be the same without him. ;) ))

Having just reached the bridge of the Almanac, which was in disarray from the efforts of the scavengers, Jasra heard Tylor’s message through the com link. “Crap,” she whispered. She wanted to stay here in case Brax showed up, but Tylor had sounded rather desperate for assistance.

“Well, I suppose I should go and help him,” she said reluctantly. She started toward the door, then paused. “Then again, Karda’s probably thinking the same thing.” She turned away and started to walk towards what looked like the main console so she could start scanning for any signs of where Brax’s ship was at the moment. “But…Karda did tell me to join up with Tylor….” She turned towards the door again. “Then again, Tylor’s a Republic soldier. He can take of himself, right?” She turned towards the console again.

As she fiddled with the remains of the console, she realised her desire to locate Brax was strong. Very strong. Too strong. She paused again, then grimaced. “Crap,” she groaned. Karda was right. She was obsessed with Brax for some other reason than a Force bond. She tapped her com link.

“I’m on the bridge, Tylor,” she spoke into the com link. “I’ll be there in two ticks.”

She was getting worried about Brax, but as she could still feel his presence through their bond, she knew he was alright for the moment. Giving one last look over her shoulder at the bridge console, she darted out the door and headed in Tylor’s direction, reasoning that the sooner that they took care of these scavengers, the sooner she could find Brax.

As she reached the hanger, her Force senses told her to duck. Blaster fire loomed over her head. Seeing a glimpse of Tylor’s shirt behind a crate to her right, she took cover behind one on the left, and then ignited her lightsaber. “You alright, Tylor?” she shouted to him over the sound of the blaster fire.

"I've been in better poistioned. I've worked out these guys are trigger happy and I'm thinking about waiting untill they've ran out of ammo. But now your here you could alwase cheat and use on of your fancy jedi powers like that electric thingy. I've worked out if I shot the water-sprinkeler above they're heads, you can fire electric bolts and that the water and you should know the rest..." Said John, releasing he had gone on abit.

Electric thingy? Jasra slowly grinned. Tylor obviously didn’t know that Force Lightning was a Dark Side power--a power that a Jedi shouldn’t know. But, as she hadn't been a true Jedi in the other time line, she knew it. And even though Karda wouldn’t like her using it, and would probably chastise her for doing so, she figured that searing the pants off these pesky scavengers was worth the risk.

“Alright,” she said to Tylor, as a mischievous grin appeared on her face. “Shoot the sprinklers.” She clenched her fingers, preparing to zap Force Lightning into the water.

((Ugh. I can't do a post getting them down to the med bay right now. I'll add it in later, but for now, assume they made it there alive.))

Down in the med bay, the Doctor was examining the computer on the chief medical officer's desk. There was a paused log entry open, dated a few days ago. He activated it, and winced as the speakers let loose a scream of static. He muted the playback, rebalanced the audiographic processors, and reset the console. The recording flashed to life part way through the recording, with the occasional spark of static.

"... just lost main power. We're running on backups. And the comm is out, so we can't even... bridge! I've ordered a-"

There was a burst of static, the screen flickering for a fraction of a second as the door to the med bay blew open behind the doctor, sending shrapnel everywhere. The doctor screamed as she was pulled away from the camera by a masked figure with overly large shoulders. The figure looked at the camera for a moment. A loud snap-hiss sound cut through the screaming, and the camera was engulfed in a deep red light before falling into static.

The Doctor stared darkly where the figure had been, the looked over his shoulder. He could see where the doctor had stood in her dying breaths - and the charred open relay network of the camera that had recorded her last moments. He activated the screen again, and sped the display to time index 223.04. He froze the frame, and squinted at the masked man's left shoulder. His right shoulder - while certainly broad - was nowhere near as large. He pulled a pair of glasses from his inner jacket pocket, placed them on his nose, and leaned in closer to the screen. There was an animal on the man's shoulder.

"Is that a cat he's got wrapped around his neck?" asked Rose, coming up behind him.

"I'm not sure..." said the Doctor, tapping the console. He zoomed in on the creature, and enhanced the still image.

"It's an Ysalmir..." he muttered after a moment.

"A what?" asked Rose.

"An Ysalmir," he repeated. "They're an animal native to a planet called... Myrakus? No... Myrkr! That's it. Lovely planet, that is."

"What's it doing here then?"

"I don't know," said the Doctor, straightening up, his eyes not leaving the monitor. "I don't see what use they could possibly..."

He trailed off, his eyes widening. "No. No, I know why they're here..."

"Why?" asked Rose, after he was silent for a moment.

"Ysalmir have the unique ability to push away the Force, creating a sort of... bubble around them, in which the Force... not so much doesn't exist, but... cannot be used. The Force cannot penetrate it."

"I still don't see what use they would be..."

"They're excellent tools... if one is seeking to capture a Jedi. Particularly if one wants them alive."

“Shoot the sprinklers.” Ordered Jasra. Tylor smiled and nodded. He leaned left to get a clear shot. He could tell the pirates hadn't seen him due to the fact they were still shooting at the create. Tylor switched the blaster to sniper mode* and aimed the blaster for the springelers above they're head. Tylor fired several shots and water began to spray from the spingelers onto the pirates and the area around them. "Now Jedi, do you magic."

*(like the attack on KOTOR which name I cannot remenber)

Jedi Magic? Jasra didn't have time to use any 'jedi magic' the firing stopped for a second as a strangled gugrling cry came from down the hall, then it started back up.But not aimed at Jasra and Tyler this time, they seemed to be shooting at each other.

Brax had attacked from stealth, his glowing claws ripping out the throat of one of the trandoshan's. That one screamed and the other four turned to start firing at Brax in the middle of them. His hands moved out deflcting bolt's, taking out a Rodian with one of the other's blaster bolts. His hands lifted and he ripped into a second Rodian, cutting into his face, then enck, and chest ... it fell to the ground, hands reachign to try and stem blood flow. But it would be dead in moments, he spun and claws raked across the eyes of the last rodian. Blinding him, he kept firing though, and Brax's foot lifted and broke his left knee cap with a deftly placed kick. Another turn and spin, his claws coming up into the stomach of the last one standing, a Trandoshan, he tore into his stomach and blood and remnants of the man's lunch spilled on the floor. Brax stood up, his claws powering down ... looking out at Tyler where he lay on the floor in sniping position. "Don't shoot me, I'm on your side." He said, stepping past Tyler and looking at Jasra. He didn't give her a chance to say something though.

He stepped into her arms and put his around her, his lips pressing against hers. His body pulling her close. I missed you

Jasra melted into Brax’s embrace. She was so very glad to see him and hungered for his touch, but in the back of her mind, she could sense Karda nearing the hanger bay. And if he saw her and Brax together he would be less than pleased. The thought bothered her so much that she slowly, and reluctantly, pulled away from Brax.

Not here, she told Brax though their connection. Karda is near. She cleared her throat, and glanced quickly at Tylor. And I’m supposed to be a Jedi.

“Nice work,” she said aloud to Brax, eyeing the carnage he had left behind him, and then she smiled slightly, somehow feeling pleased that he had killed the remaining scavengers. “Karda won’t be pleased, but….” She shrugged.

Turning to Tylor, she said, "You’d better stay her and wait for Karda, Tylor. Meanwhile, Brax and I will have a look 'round on the scav's ship."

Tightly gripping Brax’s hand, she lead him across the hanger bay to the airlock where the scavengers had docked their ship, and after a quick glance over her shoulder, she and Brax went inside.

The air in the scavenger's ship was stale, reeking of Trandoshans and Rodians, but Jasra didn’t care. As soon as they were both safely out of Tylor’s sight, Jasra wheeled on Brax and kissed him passionately. “What took you so long?” she asked breathlessly. “I was worried about you.”

"Sorry." He said, pulling her close, returning her kiss. "I ran into a little trouble, on the lower decks." Her body felt amazing against his, he had missed her a great deal. He breatehd slowly, inhaling her scent. She could feel his heart slowing in his chest, as their pressed close togethor, he closed his eyes a moment. "We have a few before Karda gets here." He said, and pulled her farther into the ship.

A short while later they were in the cockpit, looking mildly ruffled, but a faint grin drifting along thing blue lips. Brax bent over one of the stations, tapping at a few keys with his claws. "Looks like this ship was sent here specifically to find this ship, somebody by the name of Juppa sent them," he nodded faintly to this, and tapped at a few more keys. "Having trouble finding a home port though.

Still slightly flushed, Jasra gave Brax a coy grin as she slid past him to look at the ship’s log, looking for any entries made as to the fate of the crew of the Almanac or where the ship had come from. A few buttons punched and…

“Ah…Juppa is the owner of this ship, not the captain. And someone called Valclav Amek was paying him to destroy the Almanac. Stripping the ship of useful parts was obviously just a bonus.” She pushed a few more buttons. “And look here,” she said while pointing at the screen. “They were going to Myrkr once they were finished stripping the Almanac. Not a particularly notorious place for smugglers, slavers, or scavengers, but isn’t that where they have those strange creatures that use the Force?” She frowned, trying to think of the name of the animal.

"Ysalmir," he said, with a frown. "If that's where the people you are looking for are they're most likely in trouble. Only reason a force user goes to Myrkr is to get killed." He glanced over at her face, "and Karda's gonna want to go there." He glanced back at the doorway, Karda would likely be here in just a few moments. "He's gonna flip about me even being here huh?" He asked, turning back to the board. "I didn't know this would happen. You're not an Omwati, it shouldn't be possible for us to mate-bond, but we have." He turned leaning against the console, and looking at her.

"My people mate for life, we have to ... when we mate we gain a connection to that person, we form a bond that makes us unable to be apart for long. The Zedai have done research on it, using technology that the rest of our people don't have ... it's some pheromone or something like that, I never cared that much. We look forward to our bond, some just wanted to know more about it." He nodded, "And somehow the force has allowed us to bond this way, I don't think it's as strong for you. But it's there, I know that, for me ... a few months apart will kill me, a few days will make me sick. Even a few hours will make me a bit nasuesous."

He looked up, "Karda's coming, we can talk more later."

"I'm getting some strange readings from onboard the Almanac..." said Revan. "I'm reading intense gravometric disturbances, along with... I don't know what they are..."

"They're nelactic particles," said the Doctor, entering the cockpit. "They're used to create a stable wormwhole between two points. A wormwhole that traverses space. The gravometric disturbance allows the wormwhole to be bent through the time stream, allowing travel between not only two points in space, but two points in time, as well."

Revan stared at him blankly. "And that means...?"

"It means," he snapped back. "That there is another TARDIS nearby. And therefore the other Time Lord."

"It means," he said, growing impatient. "That we will experience difficulty in achieving success in our goals, with the constant interference of this Time Meddler!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The darkness of the antechamber pressing in around him, Vros stepped up to the sheet of black glass at the head of the chamber. He could barely make out his reflection in the dark sheen of the glass. His white beard glistened in the dark glow of the black mirror as he knelt before it, listening intently.

"It is done, Mi'Lord. The Republic ship has been taken, it's crew killed, and the Jedi brought to us."

The chamber was silent for a moment, the only sound the faint breeze sweeiping through the cold stone chamber. After a moment, Vros spoke again.

"Of course, Mi'Lord. The Ysalmir are in position. Shan will not be able to harm Them."

He stared at the black mirror for a moment, his eyes widening slightly.

"But Mi'Lord... surely he cannot be a threat to u-"

He fell silent suddenly, and after a moment, began speaking again.

"The other would be willing to aide us?"

After another moment's silence, he smiled darkly. "As you wish, Master. It shall be done."

He bowed to the mirror and stood, turning on his heel and marching out of the chamber into the cold harsh winds of the planet's surface.

"I don't know," snapped the Doctor, after throwing Atton a contemptous look. "There is something interfering with the normal course of time. And I would not be at all surprised if it will not fall on us - more specifically, me - to repair the damage."

"Don't ask me to fathom the mind of a delusional Time Lord," spat the Doctor. "I can only guess as to his motives."

"Maybe someone's paying him to disrupt the timeline?" suggested Revan. "Maybe someone's trying to take over the Galaxy, and-"

"It is possible," said the Doctor, cutting Revan off. "We can't know for sure, yet. I suggest we... eliminate him, before he causes more trouble than we can deal with."

Archived