Home

Knights of the Old Republic: Darkness Falls II - Alliances

Karda raised an eyebrow. Jasra tried to suppress a giggle. The Doctor's blue police box TARDIS was smack in the middle of the bridge.

"Nice parking job," Jasra said cheerfully to the Doctor. And under her breath she said to Karda, "Guess the co-ordinates you sent were accurate. At least he didn't land in the refresher. Or on your foot."

Karda gave her a reproachful look, then turned to the unfamiliar man standing in front of the large blue box. "Doctor?" he said, holding out his hand with some trepidation. "I'm Karda Jal-Ordo. You're...different than I remember."

"He's cuter than I remember," said Jasra, trying desperately to supress the grin on her face. In fact, he looked a lot younger than she would have imagined he would have looked. Strange, but at the same time, refreshing. "Erm... you do remember us, don't you?" she asked the Doctor.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Of course, of course," said the Doctor, shaking Karda's hand. "Though I don't know why - I shouldn't have. But no matter. This is my companion, Rose Tyler. Rose, this is Karda, a Jedi Knight. I have tod you about the Jedi, have I not?"

"Not exactly," said Rose.

"Ah... well then, there'll be time for that later. Right now, we need to get down to business."

“Right,” said Karda. “What we need your help on is finding a missing Jedi. Bastila Shan. She was travelling aboard that ship,” he pointed to the Almanac through the bridge’s window. “The Almanac, along with some prospective padawans. And they’ve just disappeared without a…”

“Wait just a minute,” Jasra interrupted. “That’s not the reason why I wanted the Doctor to come here.”

Karda gave Jasra a look of surprise. “That’s our mission, Jasra. To find out what happened to Bastila and the inititates. The Doctor has additional resources that may help us find them.”

“So? That’s your mission,” she said. “Not his. What about our little ‘time’ problem. Things aren’t exactly like they were before….” She paused, and looked at the Doctor. “You sent us back...wrong. Things happened that didn’t happen before. History has changed.” She looked down at her Jedi clothing. “A lot.” Her eyes narrowed as she surveyed Rose. "And what happened to your companions Nyssa and Tegan?" Jasra asked. "Did you change their history, too, and replace them with...Blondie?"

Ssss came out of hyperspace smoothly, still cloacked her surveyed the area, two ships. One looking rather dead, the other attached and likely boarding it. He frowned though something wasn't right, and then he saw what. A third ship, it was hiding and only his angle revealed it, attached tot he hull of the dead ship.

Jasra, there's another ship on the one you guys are boarding, stuck up on the underside of the hull, and using minor cloacking tech to apear to just be part of the hull. He smiled, feeling her so close. And you feel really good, can you get me clearance to dock? or board if they don't have fighter bays ... something I want to see you.

He came in closer, weapons readying if they needed him to take care of the other ship.

(And just so everybody is clear, nobody but Jasra knows brax has arrived, the ship DOES NOT sense him.)

Jasra started to say something else, but suddenly, hearing Brax's voice run smoothly through her thoughts, she paused. Then, slowly, a smile crossed her lips. Brax. The very thought of him made her breath quicken with anticipation.

“Forgive, Jasra’s abruptness, Doctor,” Karda apologised to both Rose and the Doctor. “She hasn’t quite been herself…. Wait. Let me rephrase that. She’s been exactly herself. Her old self, if you know what I mean. Not what she is supposed to be in this time. Crystal and I seem to remember events that happened in the past, but she doesn’t. Whether that’s intentional or not, I’m not entirely sure.”

While Karda spoke to the Doctor, Jasra turned away from them, seemingly to examine the scanning console. Her back turned to them, she lightly closed her eyes to strengthen her connection with Brax.

”Brax...it’s good to feel you so close, too. Forget the other ship for now. We have Marines boarding. Let them take care of it. Right now, the only thing important to me is seeing you. Healing you.”

Her connection with Brax now strong enough for her to multitask without destroying it, she opened her eyes. A few taps on the console and she was able to bypass security and bring up the hanger controls. ”I’m opening up the port hanger bay doors,” she told him through their link. “You can bring the ‘Ssss’ in there. Keep it cloaked for now though. There are some aboard who don’t anticipate your arrival in the same way I do.”

"Jasra? Is something wrong?” Karda’s suspicious tone caught her attention. “Is there something out there?" he asked, peering over her shoulder at the scanners then looking out through the window.

Jasra glanced down at the console. "The scanners haven’t detected anything," she said, knowing full well that if she lied, Karda would know it. And if Karda suspected that Brax had arrived, she knew he would do his best to prevent her from seeing him. And she wasn't about to let that happen. “Why do you ask?”

"Because I can sense that your pulse is quickening," Karda observed. "And, you’re looking a bit…flushed.”

"Must just be my non-Jedi feelings getting the better of me again," she replied. "You know how undisciplined I am. The anticipation of a boarding mission is just a bit more than I can handle. Perhaps, I’m in need of some ‘guided meditation’ before we board,” she suggested, although with a hint of sarcasm.

”Brax?” she said through her telepathic connection. “I’m going to board the ship with Karda, Crystal, and quite possibly, The Doctor and his new blonde friend in a few minutes time. Can you slip through the ‘Dreadless’ undetected and meet me on the ‘Almanac’? It’s the only sure way I’ll be able to see you without interference from the others."

Karda stared at her for a moment, then said, "I don’t think that’s necessary. Just try to set aside those thoughts and keep your focus on the task at hand.” He turned to the Doctor. “When we get back from the Almanac, Doctor, perhaps you can help me in the med lab to determine a method of reducing the effect of pheromones on a person who is overtly sensitive to them."

Jasra let out a soft dismissive snort. “I told you, Karda, there’s nothing wrong with me.”

“We’ll discuss that when we get back,” Karda said abruptly. “Doctor, we’re just waiting on the word from our pilot Tylor and his marines that it’s alright to board the Almanac to investigate and look for clues to the crew’s sudden and mysterious disappearance. You and Rose can come along if you like. With a squad of marines, two and,” he glanced quickly at Crystal, “a half Jedi, I think you’ll be safe enough.”

There was the sound of the Dreadless docking with the Almanac.

In airlock, a group of marines, along with Tylor, were waiting for the green light and the airlock door to open. When the green light appeared the airlock doors slided up.

The marines pointed their guns out in front of them and left the Dreadless and entered the Almanac, two at a time. After all marines in the group had entered, Tylor spoke into his comlink "Group A has successfully entered the Almanac. First room clear, no lights and no tests have been take but i think Life support systems are on."

"How can you be so sure? We're all wearing state of the art republic combat suits that keep us alive when there no life support systems on.." Stated one of the marines.

"Simple. There's a wamp rat in the vent" replied Tylor pointed to vent, there was a chunk of it missing. Though the missing peace a hairy and filth rat could be seen. Tylor walked over to it and smashed the vent -along with the rat- with the end of his gun. He shone his gun's flashlight down the vent and spoked into the com "We're going to need someone small to fit through the air vent. If my memory serves me correct this one leads to a room on the same level as the bridge."

After Tylors group had cleared the room and the wall way, they split up. One group went up the hallway, the other group went down the hallway. Tylor went with the group going up. It wasn't really longer, just a few steps, turn a corner and there was the door.

"It's locked, and damaged. I dought we'll be able to hack this thing open." Reported one of the marines.

"It's the same this side" said one of the marines from the othergroup via com-link.

"I think the ventilation system is the only way we can get around the ship. Tylore, if you took off the marine suit, I reckon you'd be able to fit through." pointed out a marine.

"Okay. Give me a hand getting out of this suit. I'm glad I decided to wear my clothes on under this."

Karda gave the Doctor a curious look. "You know, it's strange. At first, I could remember everything quite clearly in the other time line, and events in this one seemed to be almost like... like remembering the events in a story someone told me. But now, it's gradually becoming the other way around." He paused. "Is that 'normal', Doctor? I mean, you're the expert on time related anomalies. Is that how it's supposed to be?"

"Get word back to us right away if and when you find the Ebon Hawk or the foreigner."

"Of course, sir."

"Dreadless out."

Kira looked up, her eyes moving from Revan to Atton as the message finished. She turned to the soldier next to them.

"That's all there is?"

"That's it, ma'am."

With a quick salute, the soldier turned and returned to his post, leaving them alone.

"So he's looking for the other Timelord..." Kira murmured. Given the descriptions Karda had told the security captain, she had deduced that it could be no one else.

"He's also looking for us..." Atton added. "It sounded pretty urgent. Maybe something's wrong?"

"I remember it all," Crystal interrupted quietly. "From the time Togo hired me fresh off Dantooine to the time the timeline was restored. All of it." She frowned. "And yet I also remember what happened in this timeline. My argument with Karda that caused me to go to Coruscant and become a..." She trailed off abruptly as if she hadn't meant to be talking in the first place. Shaking her head slowly, she sighed.

"But it's sorta like Karda was describing," she went on. "The memories were so clear at first. But they're fading slightly... not so much as his seem to be. But I'm not the Crystal Gray that ran from the Enclave after stealing a Jedi ship. I'm like her... but not quite like her." She sighed.

"Why does time have to be so twisted?" she complained. "I-I mean... I don't mean to say I regret what's happened... I-I-I just..." Frowning, she put a hand to her head. "It's just so... confusing."

"The memories of the former timeline will eventually fade into a state similar to that of a vivid dream. Parts will no longer make sense, and certain memories will disappear altogether: names such as Thanatos, Nyssa, Tegan...

"For some reason, there are still ripples in the timeline. Perhaps the damage is more extensive than I first anticipated..."

~~~

"I say we forget about Naboo," said Revan. "Let's find Karda. He may need our help."

Tylor used the vent system to make his way to the room outside the bridge. Like the airlock and the corridor outside, the room was pitch black. He was armed with a commando pistol, a few grenade and a torch. He held out the blaster with one hand, and torch above it with the other hand. He searched the room, he appeared to be in an armoury however all the lockers were emtpy, Tylor assumed that was the work of savangers.

Tylor was then ready to move in to the bridge but he then heard voice coming from the next room. The voices weren't loud enough for Tylor to hear but he had an idea. He activated his com and spoke to the Dreadless' bridge.

"Hey Jedi, I took a short cut to the bridge, it appears there was several people talking, I'm going to slide my backup com into the bridge, listen to what they're saying and then tell me when you'd like my to go in!"

Tylor then pulled out a com from his shoe and slided it through a small gap in the door. He then waiting for comfirmation from the Jedi.

”Perhaps the damage is more extensive than I realised…” said the Doctor.

“That’s what I’ve been saying all along,” Jasra said to the Doctor. “Something isn’t….” She paused, and frowned as she adjusted the comlink in her ear.

"Hey Jedi, I took a short cut to the bridge, it appears there was several people talking, I'm going to slide my backup com into the bridge, listen to what they're saying and then tell me when you'd like me to go in!"

“Tylor’s found something,” Jasra said to Karda. “Actually, someone. Well, multiple someones. He’s sending us a feed from the Almanac.

Her fingers tapped some buttons, and the sound feed from Tylor’s well-placed portable com link came over the general speakers.

“…omething as useless as that,” said an unfamiliar voice. “We need valuable things. Juppa’s not going to want a load of junk!”

“This isn’t junk!” said another, albeit a more stupid sounding voice.

“No, but the relays in that are worth more than the device. Take them out. Leave the rest. We don’t have time to be…. And what are you doing on board anyway? I thought you were supposed to be mannin’ the scanners?”

“I didn’t want to be left on board all by myself. Don’t get no share of the loot if I don’t help find it. You said ….”

“I know what I said! And I said for you to stay on board! What if another salvager comes here, eh? You want them to get our find? You want Juppa to tan our hides when we don’t bring nothin’ back? No! So, get over there and monitor what’s happening out there!” A sigh. “I’m surrounded by kriffin’ idiots! And you! Where’s that detonator? After we’re done here, we’re supposed to blow this wreck, remember?”

Jasra grinned as she looked up at Karda. “What do you think? Should I tell him to go in?”

Karda nodded. “Just remind him that he should try not to kill anyone. They may know what happened to the crew.”

“Tylor? Karda says to go in when you like. Sounds like you’ve got some salvagers on board. Don’t know how many there are, but I can hear three of them. They’ve got plans to blow up the ship when they’re done scrounging so watch out for explosives. Oh, and Karda wants them alive. If possible,” she added.

((Hey Jas, I have an idea... can we talk on MSN? If not, it can wait until tonight - I won't be home until this evening.))

The Doctor stepped up to the consoles, gently pushing aside the office manning the controls.

"Excuse me a moment," he said kindly, as he began working. He pulled up a schematic of the Almanac and examined it closely. "Type three Jedi starfighter... minimal armaments... no independant hyperdrive unit... Tell me, did you find the hyperdrive assemblage nearby?"

The officer shook his head. "No. There was no sign of it."

"Hmm..." he muttered thoughtfully. "Something's not right..."

He tinkered with the sensors for a moment. The view screen flickered on, and a three dimensional diagram of the area of space they were in appeared. The Almanac was represented by a small green trianlg. The Dreadless a blue one. A yellow line formed behind the blue triangle. A second line formed behind the Almanac, and nother one, unmarked, led to a point a few meters starboard of the Almanac. "These are the engine signatures of three ships - the Dreadless, the Almanac, and the ship belonging to the salvagers."

He tapped another few buttons. The officer looked over his shoulder. "Uhm..." he said suddenly, moving to stop the Doctor. "That algorythm is extremely unstable. You could disrupt the ship's-"

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing," said the Doctor, continuing his work. He completed the calculations, and a red line appeared on the screen, originating off of the screen, intersecting the Almanac, and moving off in another direction.

"This is the engine signature of another vessel. They were attempting to mask their ion trail, but a simple refractive algorythm exposed it."

((Wow... that's a lame post I just made... sorry guys...))

"Kira, you can't do this!"

The saber in her hand ignited, its light giving the room a cold blue hue. The color splashed off the dark walls, and illuminated the figure before her. It was Mical.

"This isn't you Kira, listen to me!" he pleaded. She laughed.

Her voice was deeper, sarcastic, and chilling even to her. "Ah, but it is me."

The lightsaber in her hand whipped up of its own accord, and slashed Mical across the stomach. With a surprised 'argh!!', he fell to the ground. A quick, harsh kick to the temple quickly silenced him.

"Kira! What have you done??"

She whipped around to the door, and could feel her lips turn up in a wicked smile. It was the Doctor.

"Nothing that should worry you, old man. You are a Time Lord, are you not? Then you should have seen this coming."

Again, her hand moved of its own will, and her saber was sent sailing into the chest of the Doctor...

Revan sat in the copilot's seat in silence, now alone with Atton, Kira having left to lie down.

"How long until we reach the coordinates?" he asked.

"Five minutes less than the last time you asked," snapped Atton, his arms folded across his chest, leaning back in his chair. "I thought Jedi were supposed to be patient?"

"I thought soldiers were supposed to follow orders, and look how that turned out for me," he retorted.

"Insults from a Jedi? Not something you hear every day."

Revan was about to respond, when he felt a tremor building in his mind. It was Kira. He stood, and walked out of the room without another word to Atton.

"Guess I struck a nerve..." muttered Atton, staring out the window again.

What's going on? Kira thought to herself, though a harsh laugh escaped her lips as the Doctor crumpled to the ground, a red stain forming on his shirt. She quickly called the saber back to her hand, stepping over the carcass.

This is the tomb of Exar Kun! she realized as she stepped out into the cool stone hallway. But why would I...

"Kira." she looked up to see Crystal, saber drawn, blocking her path. "Put the saber down. Now."

Revan entered the dormitory to find Kira in the far bed. She wasn't moving, but the waves of sorrow she was generating were far worse than if she had been writhing on the floor.

He moved to the side of her bed, kneeling down so his head was level with hers. He gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Kira?" he whispered. "Kira, wake up."

((OOC: Yay...another sucky post from ForceFight...party...:xp: ))

"Fool. Should've attacked me when you had the chance." her hand moved, and Crystal was on the floor as well, blood pooling near her chest. With a satisfied grin, she looked over into the pool...and saw her reflection. Her eyes were gold, and her canine teeth were enlarged, giving her the appearance of a demon.

"Kira? Kira, wake up."

And she was back in the Ebon Hawk. As her eyes shot open, her breath came in short gasps, and she sat up, her eyes wild. She felt the warm hand on her shoulder, and closed her eyes again, leaning back on her elbow as she fought to steady herself.

"Revan..." the name came out in near-silent whisper.

Warmth seeped through Kira as Revan slid his hand into hers.

"These dreams...I can hardly go to sleep without seeing them..." And damn it if they'll ever be gone...

"What happened...'before' never really did happen, right?" she asked him, "The whole mess with the Shards? It wasn't real, right?"

Archived