Home

Damn you, PS3...

Acrylic

something tells me that its starting price will be jacked up since it doesn't need to be $250 to be the cheapest....
I doubt it. Nintendos goal isn't just to be the cheapest option of the three, they want to bring gaming to the masses, and attract new people. Jacking up the price to be just under the competition doesn't accomplish that nearly as well as setting it at $200-$250.

Damn, I don't like the controller that much, the grip "knobs" are too small/short for me.

Ehh, oh well. I'll be getting a job soon and all my cash will be going into getting a new console. I wanna see what MGS5 looks like at launch.

Really? I've only heard of MGS4 :p

But If i can get an operating sytem on this bad boy, it will be mine. But it will most likely only happen if i can get an OS on it.

...and just when I was excited about it....

they just...ruined all excitement.

They changed the cool "boomerang" controller to the old Dualshock looking one.

It's way expensive.

And they basically ripped off the Nintendo Wii.

WTF =/

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/08/playstation-3-in-its-final-form/

I don't recall Nintendo making an announcement in 2003.

http://sony.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4815/

PS3 to Feature Motion Sensing Technology?

By James Brightman -- EIC, GD Biz

Published 4:40 PM CDT, November 25, 2003

Sony might let gamers control the PS3 the way Tom Cruise controlled the computer in Minority Report...

You can't make much use of the PS3 controllers motion sensing abilities, the games it would most benefit are racers and super monkey ball... other than that it's a standard controller.

Racers? Are you kidding?! Sticks are the best things you can have, it would be nearly impossible and very carpal-tunnel-inducingly hard to slam on the brakes, turn, counter steer, and make 5 corrections in 1 second. It's already hard enough with the stick. :p

Don't take it seriously Lynk, I'm just saying... :p Also, sweet comic thingy.

Really? I've only heard of MGS4 :p
Typo. >_>

Also, they are in the same position as the PS2, they have a cheap video player and that's pretty much it. But what they are missing is the pole position on the nextgen line-up. They're releasing a year after the 360 and they aren't offering a whole lot more, gimmick wise and power wise.

Meh, anything beats the lame-ass Wii. Why didn't they just name it the Look At Me, Guys! I'm Thuper-Gay. That said, I like Sony and care little for who came up with a **** little controller concept first, since I'll probably just ****can the thing anyway.

CapN, I'm saying this in the manliest way humanly possible:

I love you more and more every passing day.

@ Arreat: What's being described were the experiments made with the EyeToy which incidentally failed to create anything beyond what you see with the EyeToy today. Nice try though, everyone always tries to throw that out there.

@ TiE: Never used a steering wheel in your life huh.

Oh and thanks Capn for previewing for us the way Sony and Microsoft fans are gonna be towards Nintendo fans in the nextgen. This is exactly why I didn't like the name Wii, but then again, no matter what name Nintendo chose, no matter what games Nintendo releases, no matter how powerful Nintendo's systems are, you're still gonna put Nintendo down so who cares what you think :p

Sony seem to have at least succeeded in convincing it's own fanboys that the PS3 now has the same motion sensing technology as Nintendo... which was probably their main aim anyway.

No one will actually USE it in a game.. but at least they can hype it as another selling point to ignorant people who don't get the difference.

Thing is, Sony actually HAVE got some innovative and accessible control options on their consoles... they were the first to have usable dance mat games, they have eyetoy... they have singstar... they have guitar hero (which incidentally looks SO COOL that i'm tempted to buy a PS2 simply for that game)... but this is just a lame attempt to hang on to nintendo's coat tails.

They should include an improved eyetoy with every PS3 or somethng... that would be a better move imho.

The motion sensor in the PS3 controller is very disappointingly (for those who support the PS3) limited. It acts more like a third invisible analog stick. The only benefit is that it's based more on reflexive movements... HOWEVER I've learnt that Warhawk required you to hold down R1 to actually use the motion sensors in the game...

@ BongoBob: The digital click was a neat feature on the GCN controller. It was part of the L and R buttons. They were analog with a digital click. You pressed down on the L and R buttons and you'd go through the different degrees of analog control, then you'd get to the end and a hard press would click down. It made the L and R become two buttons.

Few games actually made use of it but a lot of games that didn't use it really could've made their games better if they had've. But like the PS3 motion sensors, it's purely optional.

Oh and thanks Capn for previewing for us blah blah blah

Nope. I liked the name Revolution just fine. Also, I don't see how I was being any one way "towards Nintendo fans in the nextgen" since I made no mention of Nintendo fans. At all. I think the name Wii sounds and looks like crap. They should've just stuck with the name Revolution.

Look man, it's a pretty widely know thing that Nintendo could've called it the Link Former Takes It From Behind, and you'd still buy one for every room in your house, and then go to every thread here trying to convince people that what they like is inferior to the almighty N for whatever reason. That's fine. I was only pointing out that I don't care who did what first, or who ripped who off. I prefer Sony's product to Nintendo's. That's all. I know that's a real slap in the face towards Nintendo fans in the nextgen. :lol:

Look man, it's a pretty widely know thing that Nintendo could've called it the Link Former Takes It From Behind, and you'd still buy one for every room in your house, and then go to every thread here trying to convince people that what they like is inferior to the almighty N for whatever reason. That's fine. I was only pointing out that I don't care who did what first, or who ripped who off.

About time someone said it, good call. :)

Don't own any consoles myself, think it'll stay that way too...

That's fine. I was only pointing out that I don't care who did what first, or who ripped who off. I prefer Sony's product to Nintendo's. :lol:

Fair enough.. but you gotta admit that sony are botching the PS3 launch/hype pretty badly at the moment. I'm sure once the console launches it will rock.. but right now its not looking half as appealing as it should be...

@ Capn: I didn't mean you were being an ass, I was saying that's pretty much the kind of things other people will say about Nintendo in the future since it's pretty much the silliest thing Nintendo has on stock to use against them apart from the inferior graphics.

*EDITS POST*

You know I warned people i would sound fanboyist in this thread, I mean nothing i could've said would've sounded non-partial. The entire sony thing is so blunt that you can't do it any other way, so if people are pissed off with me then fine.

But what REALLY pisses me off is that you'd all think I'd buy a Nintendo system no matter what. I was ready to leave nintendo before the DS was announced, they weren't releasing anything worth staying for. Not even new Metroids and Zeldas could keep me there so screw you to all those think I'm some mindless fanboy.

I like Metal Gear Solid, it's one of my favourite series. I liked GTA at one point, I like most of the Resident Evil series. I play Halo 2 regularly with friends when i have the chance. I play the PS2 and Xbox at my friends place when i go over. I liked Perfect Dark Zero but thought it wasn't as good as the original,

does that make me a Nintendo fanboy? Cause i seem to see that everyone has that opinion of the game, nintendo fan or not.

Nintendo isn't superior, but they are making more of an effort to CHANGE things, and that's what I love about them. At the time when my loyalty to the company was almost extinguished they weren't changing anything, they were a metoo company and I was ready to ditch them.

... that and ppl like nintendo cus when someone wants a gaming system, usualy dont care for a entertainment system either. at least thats what i like about it.

now i could be off on a few things that the wii is doing this time, but i dont really care. when i got my ps2, i got it for games, not the fact i could play dvd's or cd's (for that matter), it was for the games.

same for the gamecube,...

...and the sega saturn

...and the snes

...and the nes

...and the DS

...and the gameboy

...etc

hell i even had a few atari's for a while.

S**t its also the reason why i bought a 14 hundred dollar laptop, sure my old one could play games and go on the internet, but i wanted to play MORE.

lay off of lynk.

Archived