Home

Legacy of War's Response to the Xpack

Foshjedi2004

Hello Legacy of War Fans, your eyes are not decieving you, I have returned but as Co-Leader. Halo 3 re-engerized me. Ok enough babble babble talk no one cares about. Lets get onto the main event: The Ingame SSD.

But a sidetrack to that, we are looking for talanted skinners to help us skin the models we have.

Now to the picture you have all been waiting for, completely ingame thanks to Elron. Legacy of War is now on track more than ever, an unstoppable juggernaut of progress from this point forward.

SSDgamethumb.jpg

I have also added this Wallpaper to the wallpaper page. Fosh made it and it looks very nice. The Mini-Mod which will contain the SSD and only the SSD will be available sometime next week, hopefully early in the week so all you Imperials can blow up some Rebels. The Mini-Mod will not attempt to balance the ship in any way, that is beyond the scope of the Mini-Mod. The Mini-Mod is specifically for the purpose of letting players have fun with the ship.

INGAMESSDthumb.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello Legacy of War Fans, your eyes are not decieving you, I have returned but as Co-Leader. Halo 3 re-engerized me. Ok enough babble babble talk no one cares about. Lets get onto the main event: The Ingame SSD.

But a sidetrack to that, we are looking for talanted skinners to help us skin the models we have.

Now to the picture you have all been waiting for, completely ingame thanks to Elron. Legacy of War is now on track more than ever, an unstoppable juggernaut of progress from this point forward.

SSDgamethumb.jpg

I have also added this Wallpaper to the wallpaper page. Fosh made it and it looks very nice. The Mini-Mod which will contain the SSD and only the SSD will be available sometime next week, hopefully early in the week so all you Imperials can blow up some Rebels. The Mini-Mod will not attempt to balance the ship in any way, that is beyond the scope of the Mini-Mod. The Mini-Mod is specifically for the purpose of letting players have fun with the ship.

INGAMESSDthumb.jpg

It looks AMAZING!

Care to clue us in on the weaknesses?

looks awesome, can you give us a rundown on what hardpoints it will have?

how many turbolasers/ions, shield generators, engines, hangers, and how many squadrons of TIE's will be on board.

also how it will be implemented, the expansion is making it Vader's flagship. is it tied with a hero in the mod, or is it buildable? and how much of the population cap does it take in battle?

As I said on the LoW forum, this mini mod with the SSD is to just give the Empire the SSD, nothing more. Its not supposed to be balanced, thats beyond this small mod's scope. The Full LoW mod will come much much later.

I can say though it will have many Hardpoints and has its canon compliment of TIEs, 12 squadrons.

I congratulate all those people on the LOW Team and anyone who contributed to it. This will whet our appetite until the expansion pack comes out.

And Im going to throw some stones here. Here's a scale from a Star Wars The Official Figurine Collection Magazine's Super Star Destroyer Article...

"Star Destroyer: Classes Victoria I and Victoria II~ 900m

Star Destroyer: Class Imperial I~ 1,600m

Super Star Destroyer : Class Executor~ 19,000m (19 kilometres LONG!)

Super Star Destroyer: Class Eclipse~ 17,500m (17 and a Half kilometres)

Super Star Destroyer: Class Sovereign~ 15,000m (15 Kilometres)"

The Eclipse is Much more Bulkier than the Executor, But it falls short by a couple of Kilometres.

12 squadrons seems a little light. i'm sure it'll be balanced with everything in the full mod, but if the ship is added to the vanilla game as a standalone mini-mod it should probably have more. a regular ISD has 10 fighter, and 5 bomber units in the game. and the SSD had twice what a regular imperial had.

or if you're a stickler for keeping it canon, it had 12 squadrons, but each squadron was 12 ships. the game models TIE fighters as 8 craft per squad, and 3 bombers per squad. so 18 TIE fighter squads, or some combo of fighter/bombers that reaches 144 craft.

although i doubt much will survive for long once its guns open up :rofl:

it looks absolutely incredible

i know

i'm sure it'll be balanced with everything in the full mod

but it's just the ship being released, not the full mod. it'll actually have less squadrons than an imperial star destroyer if you install it in the vanilla game. if the # of fighters onboard is controlled by xml, then it'll be an easy change at least

In my personal little mod, I have each star destroyer carrying the correct (total atleast) amount of fighters: 24 for the Victory, 72 for the Imperator.

This is easily changed in the XML files.

Each ISD carries 4 squadrons of TIE Fighters, and 2 Squadrons of TIE Bombers.

Each VSD carries 1 squadron of TIE Fighters, and 1 squadron of TIE Bombers.

I've also changed it from squadrons to flights, aswell as the formations:

4 TIE Fighters in a Diamond formation.

3 TIE Bombers in a .. well, I'm not sure what formation it is, but it's 2 besides eachother, with one trailing abit down and behind to the right (or was it left? :p ). Basically the way you see them in the spaceflight sims.

Rebels:

3 in every flight.

Wedge formation.

So in terms of waves the ships launches, it's 16 TIE Fighter flights and 6 TIE Bomber flights for the Imperator to make up 6 squadrons (72 ships in total), and 4 TIE Fighter flights and 3 TIE Bomber flights for the Victory to make up the 2 squadrons it can carry (24 ships in total).

hmm, can't build it. what are the requirements for it, in campaign?

has to be at fondor/sullust/kuat/mon cal? tried at tech 5, with a lvl 5 space station at kuat and it wasn't an option. made a new game and tried it, same result. i'll reinstall, but i'm pretty sure everything was fine, since the fighter mod worked

Excellent, will enjoy playing with this, is it just for Skirmish?

John

All right then maybe not; since installing this mod I've noticed some units not appearing properly Y-Wings don't appear at all, I keep getting game pauses every 10 seconds and the game just seems very slow compared to what it was this morning. The only XML file I didn't install was the squadrons one as I don't want my fighters modified, could that cause all this lag etc.?

John

Archived