Home

Legacy of War's Response to the Xpack

Foshjedi2004

We have entered a New LEGACY OF WAR, Legacy of War are proud to announce that Steiner's Mod. One of the Early EAW Mods is to join us.

This news not only bolsters our complement of Coders but also our overall Mod Staff. There is a little bit more information to be sorted out but this news means that Legacy Of War will be released in not only ENGLISH but In GERMAN too!!

Here is a sneak peak at our Version of Scaling....The ISDs are 1.6Km long, SSD 11x the ISD and the Sovereign is a Massive 1.5 times the SSD!!!

Scalethumb.jpg

You may have seen the New EAW Expansion Pack: Forces of Corruption. We are interested how they can have Vader and Jabba Alive and Dead at the same time seeing as the Eclipse wasn't comminsioned till 8 years after the Battle of Endor.

However, The Essential Chronology says that "she was built at Kuat and only moved to Byss four and a half years after the Battle of Endor, when she was stolen in a partially-completed state by Lira Wessex and her design-team"...This could be the basis for the Xpack....Or at least the campaign....I still wonder how the Executor and DS2 will fit in. Maybe there will be 3 campaigns spanning from Yavin to Dark Empire??

Anyhow...Just so you know. Legacy of War's Eclipse is better!! :p

Thumb.jpg ESDthumb2.jpg

Another BEAUTIFUL Job by Skinman, he has not abandoned us as I intially thought. Lord Skinman has risen and will begin working soon....

Legacy of War's Post E3 Trailer will be released next Week!!

It is going to be KICKASS!!

May the Force be with all of the LoW Fans, Members and Staff....

Note we still are looking for some more Modellers and Skinners who can UVW map as well....Apply here

http://legacy.gamemod.net/forum/index.php?showforum=28

Foshjedi2004

Legacy of War Mod Leader

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the 96 Copy to the 2004 copy they changed the SSD length from 8KM to 19KM. They didn't change the Eclipse or Sovereign Lengths though.

I'm pretty sure my copy of the New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels says the Executor is something around 12 KM. The whole point of the Eclipse is that it is bigger than the Executor. I see the Star Wars.com databank has changed it to 19 KM, but I don't believe in that figure. The 12 KM figure has been around longer, and I wish the people working the Lucas Archives would quit screwing with the number.

I love and hate FoC.

While I would most definitely buy the x-pack and enjoying playing it, I can't help to blame FoC for the reason why mod tools are not released.

I mean, mods does not reduce sales of x-packs as we know.

So give us the mod tools we deserve, (and yes, we are going to make mod tools ourselves and mod th game if it is not given anyways, but an official one is most always better)

But yeah, it seems that FoC would be a nice x-pack, and Lets hope the online play interface can be enhanced along with it.

You're right, SWP, it's not 19km long.

It's 17.6 km long, alittle longer than the Eclipse, but way smaller volume-wise.

Always has been, always will be if you go by the movies.

Essential Guide has always been one step behind the facts. They don't seem to do any effort in researching these things themselfs, just repeats what's been said by others, regardless if it's false or not.

Star Wars dot com has finally realised the error of the Executors true size, but have overshot a tad by a couple of kilometers.

And just so it's said, I would say, that the Eclipse is not only twice as large as the Executor, but more around 3-3.5 times larger, if anyone is going to mention that. ;)

And as a sidenote, the 8km lenght has been around for much longer than the 12.8km value, but noone in their right minds would take that measurement seriously today just because it's been around longer.

But this is a discussion for another time. :)

Oh you just couldn't resist could you Jan? Either way, the Eclipse better be a buttload larger than the Executor. :p

I think one of the questions I'll throw in will be about the ship sizes :p

Edit: after seeing a video on GameSpot, it looks like they got it right. The Eclipse was much bigger than the Super Star Destroyer.

Following this image

http://legacy.gamemod.net/images/igotyourscaleforya3.jpg

The ISDs are 1.6Km

The Sovereign is 12.8km

The Eclipse is 16km

The Executor is 17.6Km

What Sizes should they be?? We'll change the scale accordingly

The super stardestroyer as seen in the movies is 17.6km long. Thats the length if you go by scaling from the movies.

The Eclipse is a little shorter in length but in overall volume is considerably more massive, which where the mistake of "but its supposed to be bigger than the executor" comes in. It is bigger, just not longer :D

I have no idea about the length of the Sovereign i wasn't even aware it existed until this thread :p

Yes, well, the 19km is the most accurate measurement they have come to as of late (some time mid/late last year), as they have actually measured the model used in the movies this time. :)

But I doubt they took into account that all bridge towers since the Imperator-class and newer are supposed to have the same dimensions.

If you consider this in your measurements it's easier to get the right lenght.

You guys obviously have yet to discover the wonders of the Star Wars Technical Commentaries: http://www.theforce.net/swtc/index.html

It has accurate size for all the Imperial warships, be they Imperators, Executors, Eclipse 1 or 2, Sovereign, Vengeance etc. Also, as an added bonus, you know it is all correct as the bloke, Curtis Saxton, works directly for George Lucas (he did all the latest cross section books). The Technical Commentaries have been used by Star Wars mod makers since the dawn of time due to it being reliable and accurate.

Archived