Home

Shadow Force: Praesitlyn Campaign

((@Pottsie: If you wish to join again, maybe you could join when we go past the Trando Camp. It's like a klick down the canyon that we're in. If you don't want to join, you can wait until the end of this RPG, and we can break you out of the Camp. Your choice. Or if you had something else in mind...))

(I think I'll wait until the end of the RP and then I can you can break me out of the Camp. PM me when this is coming and I'll post something where I return for awhile).

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Well, we're proceeding with the assault on the TBCP," said Flash. "I need Vibro, Niner and Delta 628 to cover the backs of Albino and Tech as they work inside the TBCP. The rest of us will take out any droid opposition, save for Scout and Twister."

"What are we to do?" asked Scout.

"You'll drill a hole in the TB each and pop in a micro-nuclear bomb. Set them on remote-det and get back to us." instructed Flash and his two squadmates nodded.

Tech stepped back into the drop ship and picked out another pair of M-N detonators.

"Here, take some more," he said, giving one each to Scout and Twister. "You never know."

"Okay, Shadow Force," said Flash. "Let's move out! And keep an eye out for any Trando di'kute as well, or we'll be in the dwang."

Thanks to his stealth unit Albino managed to sneak past the exterior defenses, he entered the compound and quickly turned off his stealth unit and turned on his holounit, he now had the appearance of a Trandoshan soldier. ''I'm in.'' he reported to the squad.

((you are in the Trandoshan Camp compound, i presume?))

"Great," replied Flash as he trudged along with the rest of the group. "Place some mines in key areas like fuel storage or something flammable, then come on out. We'll remote detonate them once we're out of the blast radius. Do not engage the enemy head on, we want to maintain as much of the element of surprise till we get to the TBCP."

''Affirmative, Flash.'' Albino replied and went further into the compound, his first objective was to find a terminal and shut down the perimeter defenses and get the compound schematics, that way the squad will be able to make an effective distraction as he plants the explosives.

(You presume correctly :) )

Albino made his way through the compound posing as a Trandoshan soldier. He found the main terminal and hacked in. ''Perimeter defenses are down. I repeat, perimeter defenses are down.'' He reported to the squad, ''I am proceeding to place the charges.''

"Who doesn't?" said Tech, grinning under his helmet. "And the best thing is, we're gonna get two of 'em."

"Cut the chatter," said Flash. "Sitrep, Albino."

((BTW: igy, 'sitrep' means 'situation report' please say that you've set the charges and come on out so that we can get to the TBCP asap :)))

"Better yet," said Flash as he changed his DC-17m into the sniper mode. "I'll put them to sleep. Permanently."

He put the scope to his visor and took aim. He pulled the trigger and the sniper shot dropped one of the two guards in an instant. The other was startled out of his skin and ran into the camp.

"Fierfek!" cursed Flash as he traked the running trando through his scope. "Stop, you di'kut!"

He stopped, all right, in front of the main garrison. He was about to knock when Flash let loose another sniper shot. The guard fell backward, and the garrison door remained shut. Flash exhaled audibly.

"Albino, you're all clear." said Flash. "Get out here and lets send the place into orbit."

A few seconds later Albino rushed out through the compound's entrance. He ran as fast as he could until he finally reached the rest of the squad. ''Objectives complete. Now watch the fireworks.'' Albino pressed the remote detonator and the building bursted into flames with numerous explosions. ''I use only the best quality of goods for my fireworks.'' Albino joked.

"Ah," said Tech, staring at the raging flames now licking at the building. "But we'll put you in your place once we reach the TB and use Commando special items." he said with a slight chuckle.

He was grinning under his helmet and patted Albino on the back.

"But that being said, not a bad job, ner vod."

"Alright," said Flash, all business once again. "Let's move out."

"Aww, Flash," said Tech in a false disappointed tone. "I wanna see the fireworks."

"You'll have more when the TB goes up in smoke," said Flash, smiling under his helmet. "Now go with Albino and slice the computer in the TBCP. Do it fast and you get to push the button on the remote detonator."

"YAY!" said Tech and started walking along with the group down the canyon. Sometimes he acted way too childish, especially when it was related to blowing stuff up, even though he wasn't much af a demolitions man.

((BTW: "ner vod" means "my brother" in Mandalorian. the 'o' in "vod" is pronounced like the second 'o' in the word "control"))

The group came to the TBCP without event. It was when Twister spotted the eight groups of battle droids that the events began. He relayed it to Flash and the latter nodded.

"Niner, we've gotta take out those two groups closest to the TBCP," he said.

"Yeah, we can run along with Albino and Tech to give them mobile cover."

"Good idea," said Flash. "Let's EMP them."

"Copy that," said Niner and the pair of them took out an EMP grenade each.

"Albino, Tech, get ready. The second the EMPs go off, run like mad for the TBCP entrance. We'll provide coverfire."

"Understood," said Tech.

"On my mark," prepared Niner. "Three...two...one...NOW!"

They lunged the EMP grenades in absolute unison. The little spheres flew at their target groups and exploded, sending a powerful electrostatic pulse through the droids, effectively frying their systems.

"Go, go, GO!" urged Flash as Tech and Albino ran. Flash and Niner ran behind them, their rifles trained on the other groups of droids, which had effectively spread out by now, meaning that the EMP grenades wouldn't be any use here. They kept their fingers on the trigger and fired in rapid fire mode at the droids, taking out a couple.

"All units," Niner said over the comm, referring to the other Commandos still at the mouth of the valley. "Move in."

"Copy that," replied Scout and motioning to his partner, Twister, he made a mad dash for the TB itself. Twister ran up to Niner.

"Sir, I'll be needing the metal drill and the MN charge." he said. Niner took the items from his pack and tossed them over to Twsiter, who also made his way to the TB, firing indiscriminately at the droids.

By this time, Tech had successfully sliced the lock of the TBCP and got in with Albino right behind him. Niner held his position as Flash left the door and got into the open, firing more accurately at the droids, taking out a lot more.

"Vibro and Delta six-two-eight, get here and secure this spot," Niner ordered through the comm.

At the TB, Twister and Scout could hardly concentrate on drilling the holes into the barrier because all the droids were shooting at them.

"Flash, we need backup," said Scout through the comm. "These di'kute aren't letting up."

"Copy that," Flash replied. "Raven, come on," he urged and the pair of Commandos ran to provide cover fire for Twister and Scout. They split up and ran to each of them, providing support as they worked. The battle droid numbers were thinning as Shadow Force attacked in full fury. Finally, over the comm, Tech announced his success.

"I got access to the high resolution satellite schematic of the next section," he announced. "Everything's marked out, we won't have a problem when we get there."

"Good work," said Flash as he blasted the last battle droid and the TBLV came to a silence. "Twister and Scout are almost done here."

"Correction," said Twister. "We're fully done."

"Seconded," said Scout, stepping back with the metal drill in his hand.

"Good job. Charges primed?" asked Niner as Tech and Albino came out of the CP.

"Primed and ready to go, sir," replied Twister.

"Okay, let's get to cover," said Flash and made sure everyone was standing at a safe distance. Once they were clear, Flash tossed the detonator to Tech.

"Enjoy yourself," he said, grinning under his helmet.

"Oh, i will," replied Tech. He caught the remote and engaged it. He pushed the button and they all watched as the TBCP blew sky high.

((check the recruitment thread for the updated map))

Archived