Home

Transformers Teaser Poster out.

Lightsaberboy

Well, apparently VW didn't give them permission to use their cars. Either they have a policy against being in movies based on war and violence, or they have some exclusive contract with another movie studio.

Before Spider-Man came out, everyone was complaining how crappy it'd be cause Peter's webs would be organic, but that turned out well. People are now bashing Superman Returns cause the costume doesn't look enough like the original, but after the movie comes out we'll see what they think. When the tumbler was first revealed in Batman Begins, a bunch of people kept bashing it, saying it sucked compared to the "sleek" Tim Burton batmobile, but that didn't stop the movie from being awesome. I dunno why you guys think these changes in Transformers are going to make the movie horrible.

I never said it would make or break the movie one way or the other. I said it was a bull**** change that didn't need to be made, because it is. Bumblebee's a ****ing VW. Period. Not a Camaro. Even when he was reincarnated as Goldbug, he was still a VW. His name is even derivitive of the Volkswagon Beetle (Bug). It makes no ****ing sense to make him a ****ty Camaro.

I can't remember exactly where or when i posted it but after seeing the citeron advert (the one with the dancing robot car thing) I said that there would be a transformer film soon.

I WAS RIGHT! HAHAHAHHAHA! IN YOUR FACE ANYONE WHO LAUGHED AT ME!

It does make sense that they changed it because VW wouldn't allow them to use their autos.

You got a source other than "I heard someone say blah blah blah" that VW won't let them use their "autos"? Because I've yet to see in print that VW had refused to let them use their "autos". Even if that were so, it would make more sense to just leave him out of the film altogether, rather than butcher one of his most identifiable characteristics.

Autos... It's a damned car. Just say car. Sheesh. What are you, and English butler?

Embarrassing to whom? Certainly not me. I think that would be quite a claim. "Yeah, I got banned from this one site for arguing over the Transformers movie". *Deep drag off a cigarette* "So what are you in for?"

It would embarrass you? Why?

Besides, we were being civil. For the most part.

Embarrassing to whom? Certainly not me. I think that would be quite a claim. "Yeah, I got banned from this one site for arguing over the Transformers movie". *Deep drag off a cigarette* "So what are you in for?"

It would embarrass you? Why?

Besides, we were being civil. For the most part.

So you mean to tell me that you don't find arguing over why Bumblebee is/is not a Volkswagon, just a little bit childish? mmmmmm k. Jeezum Crow... Leave it to me to point out the obvious fellas...

I'll give you a reason.

Michael Bay.

The man that was responsible for Bad Boys 2, The Island, and pretty much every other ****ty blockbuster with absolutely no real point.

Don't forget the insult that was Pearl Harbor. Plus, one of the writers worked on The Core and Catwoman. :joy:

Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

So you mean to tell me that you don't find arguing over why Bumblebee is/is not a Volkswagon, just a little bit childish? mmmmmm k. Jeezum Crow... Leave it to me to point out the obvious fellas...

Yes I mean to tell you that. It's serious business man. You mean to tell me that you're fine with Bumblebee being a Chevrolet? How about in a Smokey and the Bandit remake, we have the Bandit drive a Ford Festiva?

And of course it's childish. It's a thread about Transformers, which were made for children. When I was a child, Bumblebee was a gawdamn VW. It's my inner child arguing. Not me.

Your inner child loves expletives. :p

Anyway, I never really liked Transformers; I was raised on Beast Wars, so the concept of robots being cars instead of animals made me mad and I always thought Transformers was a ripoff till I figured it out.

I still don't really care for them that much, it's a lame war in the new series with the stupid kids running around... and I can't watch the old series.

I'm ****ed, basically :p

I'll see the movie for crazy effects and a general popcorn flick.

Yes I mean to tell you that. It's serious business man. You mean to tell me that you're fine with Bumblebee being a Chevrolet? How about in a Smokey and the Bandit remake, we have the Bandit drive a Ford Festiva?

And of course it's childish. It's a thread about Transformers, which were made for children. When I was a child, Bumblebee was a gawdamn VW. It's my inner child arguing. Not me.

Haha, make jokes all you want, whatever. Just be civil to each other about it ok?

I can't remember exactly where or when i posted it but after seeing the citeron advert (the one with the dancing robot car thing) I said that there would be a transformer film soon.

I WAS RIGHT! HAHAHAHHAHA! IN YOUR FACE ANYONE WHO LAUGHED AT ME!

Didn't that advert come out way after they had announced the transformers movie? ;)

(not laughing honest!) :-p

I have no problem with them changing things as long as they manage to capturethe spirit. Those people who complained about spiderman's webs and superman's costume were idiots.. none of that matters as long as you capture the spirit.

You can have films that make MAJOR changes to the source but still capture the spirit (LOTR, Bladerunner) and you can have ones that recreate every exact detail to please the geeks and still miss the point (Silent Hill, etc...)

Besides, tranformers was never serious in the first place... it was a gigantic TV advert with very little internal consistency, logic or anything else. What matters is that they manage to evoke the feeling that those old adverts gave us.

Archived