Home

Transformers Teaser Poster out.

Lightsaberboy

I just hope that it doesn't look cheesy and/or "unrealistic"

Now I know that's a really bad way to put it, seeing as how cars transforming into robots isn't very realistic to begin with, but I think you know what I mean?

I wasn't aware that a movie was being made. It is live action then?

You must have missed the thread I posted last year. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y7zuP787vY

I've always dreamed of a live action Transformer movie since I was a kid, and I was a huge Transformer fan as a kid. I've always been keen on the concept of a cybernetic race of robots who use human machinery to disguise they're own existence, as well as the concept of two tribes, one who wishes to co-exsist in private, and another who longs for total domination. The effects will be great, no doubts there. This movie will be cool, only if it can appeal to adult AND child audiences. Not to sound negative, but I have a feeling that this may be a huge marketing ploy to sell Transformer toys, but only time will tell.

I'm just worried about Bumblebee. It should've been made into the Volkswagen Beetle. I just can't see my favourite little Autobot as a Chevrolet Camaro...

I love Bumblebee. He's got IT. I don't know what IT is but he's got IT >_>

I just can't see why all these Transformers Armada, Transformers Energon, etc. have left Bumblebee out

dunno who this could be

817746kq.jpg

I am pretty sure that is Megatron, leader of the evil Decepticons. Megatron was originally a handgun, Walther PPK, if memory serves me correctly.

200212290001_1633.jpg

tformer16smegatron.jpg

He had a silencer, scope, and stock, and when combined they became a tripod cannon that Megatron could use as a standing weapon.

Now keep in mind, that I was a kid, when kids were getting shot by police for having guns that resembled real guns. I think Megatron had to be "re-invented", so a tank was the next best thing:

MegatronV2.jpg

MegatronR.jpg

By the way, people, Wikipedia has been invented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_%282007_film%29

Optimus Prime as a Freightliner cargo truck, Megatron as an alien jet, Vortex/Incinerator as a MH-53 PAV Special Ops Helicopter, Scorponok as a mechanical scorpion and minion of Vortex/Incinerator, Ratchet, Starscream as an F-22 Raptor, Soundwave as a 4 foot boombox, Brawl as a 2006 Ford Mustang police car, Devastator as an M-1 Abrams tank, Bonecrusher as a mine clearing vehicle, Ironhide as a pickup truck, Bumblebee as a 1970's Camaro (upgraded to a 2006 Camaro concept later in the film) and Jazz as an exotic Murciellago Lamborghini will be amongst the Transformers featured in the film

Or maybe it's again another one of those "I'm a big shot Hollywood director/producer" that can't stick to the original ideas but wants to make everything shiny and fancy and all that jazz.

If people could just stick to the originals that we all love or hate instead of making totally new stuff that we can't get used to in two hours. I'll never forget my Bumblebee

*Goes to whimper in a secluded corner*

If Herbie Fully ****ing Loaded, or Full Throttle, Or Fulla ****, or whatever it was could use a VW, along with countless other films that have VW's of some sort, I don't know why they'd frown on the free, and badass publicity they'd get for letting one be used for Transformers. They certainly didn't mind in the 80's.

Well, no offense to the Germans because they can make good cars, the modern VW Beetle just looks...weak. Now we all know that Bumblebee is a B.A.M.F. There are other cars that they could have used, but this might work a little better for the movie.

Some comparison for you between old and film:

Optimus Prime

Old: Late 1970s Freightliner

Film: Freightliner cargo truck

Megatron

Old: Walther P38, later Tank

Film: Alien jet

Vortex/Incinerator

Old: Transport Helicopter

Film: MH-53 PAV Special Ops Helicopter

Scorponok

Old: Transmetal scoprion

Film: Mechanical scorpion

Ratchet

Old: Ambulance

Film: 4WD Rescue Vehicle

Starscream

Old: F-15 Eagle

Film: F-22 Raptor

Soundwave

Old: Sony Walkman

Film: 4 foot boombox

Brawl

Old: Tank

Film: 2006 Ford Mustang police car

Devastator

Old: Combination of Contructicons

Film: M-1 Abrams tank

Bonecrusher

Old: Bulldozer

Film: Mine clearing vehicle

Ironhide

Old: Datsun/Nissan Vanette

Film: Pickup truck

Bumblebee

Old: Volkswagen Beetle

Film: 1970's Camaro, later 2006 Camaro

Jazz

Old: Porsche 935 Turbo

Film: Murcielago Lamborghini

You can make the decision if they are slaughtering the Transformers or not >_>

You can't expect everything to be 100% the same. Does anyone even listen to walkmans anymore? Changing that to a boombox doesn't seem that bad. f-15 to f-22 doesn't sound too bad to me. ambulance to rescue vehicle is about the same. I'd say let's see how it goes once the movie's done, but it seems that you already have your mind made up about this movie, Tepe.

and regarding megatron not being a gun:

20050207a8hi.gif

2007????????????? *cries* I feel like i've been waiting for this film for years!! :(

Making a film that will appeal to adults as well as kids is tricky (witness episode 1)... i hope it manages a bit of a better job than that though.

I always hated bumblebee and spike... it was annoying to me even as a kid that despite having all these cool characters (and Optimus Prime being frikkin cool) that every episode devolved into an annoying yellow bug and an annoying kid saving the day. (Now i look back MASK and every other cartoon had the same problem... trying to give us kids someone to identify with i guess).

I just really hope that they change the two otherthings that bugged me about the cartoon:

(a) That they don't actually need or use the disguises at all... and everyone knows what they are.

(b) That they can all fly... which makes the jets pointless, and turnign into a car and driving pointless too.

Starscream was always my fave character though, hope they don't mess him up. And i hope Optimus Prime still kicks butt and taks like john wayne.

I understand that some of these things are to change, of course. And I'm all up to see the movie, but don't come crying to me if you find out that they screw everything up that is holy in the Transformers like they have done in so many other movies thus far.

As to who listens to walkmans? Nobody, but who listens to boomboxes when there's an iPod or another kind of an mp3 player at hand, huh? Why not make a 4 foot iPod like in Scary Movie 4, then? >_>

Archived