Home

I Believe Revan Is Dead In KOTOR 3!!

RainMan666

You know how the exile's trials in Ludo Kreesh's tomb are show different parts of his life? Including the future? And all of them became true in KOTOR 2 except for one thing. You killing Revan. That did not happen yet. If you noticed, Revan appeared to have turned back to his sith ways again and you had to kill him. It was surprisingly easy though...These things that happened without a doubt have something to do with KOTOR 3.

What I think? The exile becomes uber strong in the years searching for Revan, so when he finally finds him consumed by sith treachery, he kills him. Who knows? Comment on whether you believe this is true or not and why? please state your ideas.

Nope, I don't think that's true. Why? Because the reason you stated isn't valid and here's the proof. That tomb didn't show the Exile his future, it showed him warped apparitions of past events and of people he knows and, most importantly, things he fears. Just like with that Jedi that killed his companions in that tomb, the apparitions were trying to drive the Exile insane by showing him his fears, past and present.

You know how the exile's trials in Ludo Kreesh's tomb are show different parts of his life? Including the future? And all of them became true in KOTOR 2 except for one thing. You killing Revan. That did not happen yet. If you noticed, Revan appeared to have turned back to his sith ways again and you had to kill him. It was surprisingly easy though...These things that happened without a doubt have something to do with KOTOR 3.
You forget one thing. The Malak recruit at the beginning of the trial. You kill Malak and even Bastila in that vision that was based on the past.

I think YOU (as a new PC) will kill Revan in the next game as the final test before the end game scenario. It is the simplest way to have him/her in the game without affecting the alternate storylines from previous games. Shove them back in their suit to hide appearance, and establish their gender before-hand like TSL. A way to not have them speak could also be implemented. This idea fits well with what Mandalore says about Reven: all that "he/she attacked me" crap to show Mandalore how weak he was.

i have never played kotor 2

Good point. :¬:

It's possible that the Exile kills Revan, though the tomb is hardly irrefutable evidence. The visions were more representations of poignant issues in the Exile's past and present. Perhaps the end of the tomb implies that you will eventually find Revan, but it isn't absolutely certain.

You forget one thing. The Malak recruit at the beginning of the trial. You kill Malak and even Bastila in that vision that was based on the past.

I was about to post that myself. That as good as ends the argument that Revan got killed by the Exile in the tomb. That isn't to say he isn't dead.

Personally, I very much doubt they'd kill off Revan in such a way.

For my input, I'm going to cite Episode V when Luke is in the cave on Dagobah. Did Luke ever separate Vader from his head? No. Did Luke ever kill his twin or himself? No. I think the Exile's experience in Ludo's tomb was a similar one: not necessarily the future, but a reminder of the choices we all face everyday, and the consequences they can have that we may not see when we actually make the decisions.

As for my personal preference, I think Revan will play the role of mentor for the PC in the third installment.

That I had never thought about. Very interesting- though I doubt it will go as the exile foresaw it- Revan could never fall to him. "Revan was power. Staring at him was like gazing into the heart of the Force itself. You... you are different. I look at you, and I see the death of the Force." Those comments could be used to support either side of the arguement, though I believe that Revan would never fall to one as weak as the exile. I believe that Revan is nigh unstoppable.

Revan is u do play against him in kotor3(if there is one) will obviously be harder than him and if you look closely u see the exile standing next to him before he fades away so then maybe it's trying to tell him that his place is on Revans right hand... That's what i think anyway

Also, I don't think the exile was seeing the future, so much as he was confronting his past- the past in which he was at Revan's right hand.

I do not think that Revan will die in such a way, but I do think that those events in the cave are kind of shadowy mirror of them. For example, the things in the Exile's past actually happened.

When you get to Kreia, she says something about the Exile having faced his past, now having to face the present and the future (or something like that). And Kreia did turn into a Sith Lord at the end, and if you remember, in TSL cut content, several party members were supposed to try and fight her, believing the Exile to be dead (I think).

As for Revan, I don't think it meant that you would kill him; perhaps the visions were, as I said, shadowy events that really did or will happen. But you could kill everyone in the Kreia scene, which never happened, so I think that they are showing you events which will take place, just not the actual endings of those events. For example, the Exile might catch up with Revan. He even might fight him, but I don't think that the tomb showed the exact conclusion to that. Remember, the whole purpose then was just to survive.

in case you haven't notices, almost every thread in here is about kotor 3, and if researched correctly, you will find proof of a new game.

...and where is this proof, exactly?

I, for one, would sure love to see it. However, I regret to inform you that there is no such proof as of yet.

...oh, how I wish I were wrong. :¬:

I, for one, would sure love to see it. However, I regret to inform you that there is no such proof as of yet.

...oh, how I wish I were wrong.

Er... all I can say, is: Your wait is over!

Gamedaily has posted a feature called "The Unofficial Five of Next Gen", looking at some sequels we all know will be coming sonner than later. And among such high-profile franchises as Halo, GTA, Final Fantasy and Mario, we find their take on Knights of the Old Republic 3:

"One of the most successful Star Wars games of all time is heading to the next generation courtesy of Obsidian. The third installment of the series will expand on the somewhat lackluster second title and once again be exclusive to Microsoft. We've heard that Bioware has had very little involvement with the third title, but Obsidian has been clearly instructed to take their time and pump out a game that rivals the original in quality.

We don't expect Knights III to make an appearance at E3 2006, but the holiday season should bring around news on the next generation title. Expect it to pick up many years after Knights II with an entirely new cast of characters and even more force powers. Shifting your character between light and dark will also have a much more significant impact on the game."

Just one small thing, ExileRevan.... those choices can change - you can fight Malak, disarm the mines, attack everybody with Kreia, etc. And anyways, you said it was what "you have done in your life", which isn't true. You hadn't seen Kreia as a dark lord (regardless of whatever choice you did), because that was the future/present. And so was the Revan vision.

The KOTOR saga revolves around Revan, so he should be alive in KOTOR 3.

Why do you say that?

@ Rob

In Kotor I, the story definitly does revolve around Revan. Revan, who is responsible for the Sith and Malak, fights the Sith and Malak. He is either hero or vilain in the galaxy, he decides the future of the galaxy.

In Kotor II, the story deals with what the mandalorian and the jedi civil war created. Ultimately it is still Revan who is responsible for those things.

Now, at the end of Kotor III, you not only (most likely) follow Revan, no, we have been given something new at last: The true Sith (lousy idea IMO)

So I'd say Revan still plays a very important if not the most important role in the Kotor story.

Imo, since it is difficult to go on story wise without using the cliché true sith, it would be the best to have a new story, years after Kotor II. You would get to know what happened back then, but you wouldn't play it.

Archived