Home

am I the only one worried?...

I believe that the "True Sith" are dead, and that when Traya tells you that the True Sith are in the unknown regions, she is referring to those that are actually Sith, not imposters... because as I recall, she says that right after she says that the machines and troopers are not "True Sith".

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't really want to read that giant post, so the only thing I picked up was that you don't want K3 to have almost nothing to do with the prequels. Why? That seems pointless to me. Like others have said, they have to finish the story and let us know exactly what the threat Revan knows about is and if he beat it.

My advice to you: read the big long post, it has a lot of points to it, and I believe it answers this question. ;)

the whole story is about the true sith (i prefare to call them the real sith), the real sith have a secret weapon to destroy the jedi, and now its not a floating space station...its a person...you...yes, you will be the sith saviour, the sith'ari...and all these events in 1 and 2 were just to prepare you for your holy mission...so you'll start as a child surviving an air crush and you'll be found by the counsel of the real sith and you'll pass thier test, and get some missions...so you'll live during the period of the two parts and at the end you'll have plenty of choices...to fulfill your destiny as the sith'ari and kill revan and the exile(if they were good)...or to alter to the light side and destroy the sith...

what do you think? i guess this is an interesting idea since you will have the chance to get inside the society of the real sith...

Actually, this is really similar to my idea of how the story should go. Although, I hate to break it to all of you but I highly doubt we will start as a child in the third game (I can't really see why someone would want to anyway :/). The game engine that they have used for the first two games does not allow for any physical changes other than bodily decay if you go darkside. I HIGHLY doubt that Lucasarts is going to change the engine for the final installement (but who knows, I may be wrong... although I hope I'm not :\ ), starting as a child and aging to adulthood is a (near) definite 'no'. Also, think of how much story they would have to come up with if you're going to play through some kid's entire life... I don't know about you all, but I'd hang myself if I had to write 20+ years worth of storyline to be played through IN A VIDEOGAME!

I can see the third game beginning similar to the other two (you wake up as an adult, unclothed for some reason, and have to fight your way through a few waves of relatively easy opponents while taking the time to learn what each button does), I can't see you playing as a 5 year old and be thrown headfirst into this complex storyline from the very start.

I know how you feel and also dont want to start as Revan or the Exile, it would be really hard to work into the game anyway I'd think.

This is my main objection. It would be quite hard to work in the third game without the other two story lines working for them. Its kinda like the Star Wars movie series. Accept more interesting and less character specific. Thats my opinion. Otherwise i'd love to Start out oblivious as a learner of the force with no knowledge of Revan or the Exile (although i am big fans of both of them XD). But my main problem would be the huge hole of "What happened to the Exile" or "How is Revan gonna reunite the Republic, where is he?" that is my problem.

This is my main objection. It would be quite hard to work in the third game without the other two story lines working for them. Its kinda like the Star Wars movie series. Accept more interesting and less character specific. Thats my opinion. Otherwise i'd love to Start out oblivious as a learner of the force with no knowledge of Revan or the Exile (although i am big fans of both of them XD). But my main problem would be the huge hole of "What happened to the Exile" or "How is Revan gonna reunite the Republic, where is he?" that is my problem.

Ah, but does the story need to be completely derrived from the other two in order to do this? TSL if you think about it, had barely anything to do with the first game (very little mention of the Star forge, and very few mentions on stuff that Revan actually did in the first game) and yet it answered the questions of what had happened to Revan and everything. I bet a good portion of fans would have never thought that Revan would just leave the known galaxy after the ending of K1. Keeping this in mind, is it so hard to comprehend the idea that you don't actually need to witness Revan and the Exile reuniting a galaxy, or even being in the story, in order to know that they did?

I mean afterall, you didn't actually see Revan talk to Carth and Bastila, then get into a ship and depart for the outer rim in the second game, why would you need to see something like that in the third one?

I totally agree with the one who started the game. In my opinion, the storyline in Kotor II has made it very hard to continue the story proberly, without too much Clichés. Unfortunately.

Facts like the existance of the "True Sith" who wait in the outer rim don't allow to come up with anything else... which is a pity if you ask me. Basically, Kotor can be summarized like that:

In the first game, you fight the sith, a powerful force in the galaxy led by Dark Jedi, once founded by you.

In the second game, you fight what is left of the sith, which are even more powerful and threatening.

And now in the third game, you will finally fight the "True Sith", everything till now was just a "preparation" for their attack on the galaxy?

That makes me feel like everything which you have accomplished as the PC till now is just worthless, because those powerful beings, the True Sith intented it to be like that.

Also it is unlogical that a group so powerful that they can manipulate the galaxy has to wait decades until they finally attack...

Unfortunately the story can't be edited anymore, the best thing developers could do is to create a whole new story, years after Kotor, and just explain what happended after Kotor II (this is hard enough alrdy...personally i can't think of a fitting end)

Just my 2 cents

I completely and utterly disagree. I am sorry, but KOTOR 2 was ended so a 3rd one would be made. Kreia specifically said, "You must gather up Sith and Jedi to go and help Revan...etc." whenever you beat her. Yes, I know no one is going to be happy with what happens in Kotor 3, someone is going to be pissed off but I am going to be angry if I do not get to finish a storyline.

Some questions that will never be finished such as, "Is Revan dead?" "Did Carth or Bastila ever find Revan?" "Does Atton ever have the balls to tell the Exile he loves her?" Etc. etc.

Games are in trilogies, this is like the 3rd installment. Every story comes in 3's in Star Wars, the first 3 were Anakin and the last 3 were about Luke but Anakin was still in the story.

I want K3 to close the chapter of Revan. I would like it to be a mixture of deaths of glorious characters like Mandalore and seeing some finally be happy and at peace with themselves such as Atton.

As for the droids, they should be around as long as the Kotor series is around.

And yes, I know that all the major Jedi are dead but the Handmaiden and Disciple are told in the future by Kreia that one is the chronicler and one like founds it so can you say, "Hello Corsucant?!" (hopefully). As for Mira, she dies helping people, I would like to see her die in K3 so perhaps she was a part of the new Jedi Order as well and comes with you and dies.

I agree with the main premise of this thread. I can see that it is time to move on. I think they should make a small ingame statement about Revan and Exile, but I don't think they should have a linguring storyline. After replaying the ending in my head, I can honestly say that 98% of the story was concluded. I think that the game should push towards finding the threat that Revan was going after, and you will learn of what had been his fate. Other than that, I don't see any more reason to keep Revan and Exile's stoy alive. It is time for a new legacy. It is time for a new Sith/Jedi story... :)

Am I the only one around here who actually wants the third game to not entirely rely on the plots of the first 2 games?

Unfortunately, judging from some of the posts in this thread, it doesn't look that way.

So let me reiterate my whole point: I want the third game to have next to nothing to do with the first 2. Look at the first game, did that have anything to do with the original or prequel trilogies?

Uhh, no, and it shouldn't, since it's FOUR THOUSAND YEARS before anyone in the prequel trilogy was born.

And how much did the second really have to do with the first?

Quite a lot, since almost everything in TSL was a result of Revan's actions.

So is it really so illogical to say that the third game should *not* have the Exile and Revan return until at the very earliest the very end?

Until you rephrase that intelligibly, I can't answer the question.

That characters from the first two games should *not* rebuild the Jedi Order?

Yes. The last masters are all dead, and the only Jedi left are a couple stragglers, and unable to rebuild the order.

That you should *not* start the game in an *already* rebuilt Jedi Order?

Yes. You can't just say "SHA-ZAM, the Jedi Order is back now!"

I'm just worried that *too many* people have a different opinion than I do on the matter

And that is bad... How?

and since this is a Lucas maintained site that whoever is making the next game might look at all our suggestions, see the ones which would probably detract from the series, and decide to use those ideas.

If you are referring to your idea as one which might detract from the series, you are quite correct.

not become a sequel where everyone from the first two games returns

Having some of the previous characters would not be bad. It wasn't in TSL(If you are saying you don't want HK-47 & T3-M4 in KOTOR 3's party, then you are my sworn enemy).

that would ruin the series in my honest opinion, and would be the final straw that would force me to give up on Lucasarts forever.

Lucasarts isn't making KOTOR 3, and it didn't make TSL or KOTOR 1 either.

It seems that, single-handedly, I have completely demolished your idiotic idea and exposed each and every flaw in its structure.

I like the original post's idea. I think that, like the first two games, you should start out as a new pc, with a new party. Somewhere along the line you should figure out how the storyline of the game relates with revan or the exile. Then you should have to defeat the threat that Revan went to fight, maybe finding his body and finding how he died. Or, it could be cool if you meet up with Revan at the end of the game and then he dies heroicly in the final battle.

Unfortunately, judging from some of the posts in this thread, it doesn't look that way.

When I first made this thread I found that there was an excess of topics saying how much people wanted to play as Revan and/or the Exile. Also a lot of the topics wanted the entire story to revolve around the plots of Revan and the Exile, as opposed to starting a new one. I find it hard to see the third installment being as great a game as the other two were if the entire game revolves around Revan and the Exile's choices.

Uhh, no, and it shouldn't, since it's FOUR THOUSAND YEARS before anyone in the prequel trilogy was born.

Does that stop people from trying to tie it into the Kotor series by creating new items such as "Skywalker saber" or "boba fett helmet" and implementing them into the game? Does that stop people from writing fanfictions about some Jedi with the last name Solo running around in Knights of the Old Republic times? Does that stop people from wishing that these two huge sagas were somehow connected? No, it doesn't. If people keep making it known that that's what they want, something to bridge the gap between the OT and the Knights series, how long do you think it will be until someone working on the third game goes "hmm.. maybe if we give them what they want, we'll sell more copies!"?

My point originally was that the first game had nothing to do with the Prequel Trilogy, nor the OT. The second game had little to do with the first game. So why should the third game revolve around Revan and the Exile?

Quite a lot, since almost everything in TSL was a result of Revan's actions.

Really? Was Revan in this game? Did we have any drastic difference in gameplay if Revan went Darkside as opposed to Light? Was the Exile in the first game at all?

The Sith Lords was a result of the Wars waged throughout the Republic before the first game, not directly altered by choices you made in the first game.

Yes, Telos was attacked during the Jedi Civil Wars which *were* a result of Revan's choice... but did you and I actually make that choice in the first game? Narshadaa became a home for refugees after the Mandalorian Wars, did you and I choose to fight in the Mandalorian Wars as Revan??

How many things in the second game were really dependant on a choice that Revan made? Telos was out of our control, Dantoine would have been attacked by the sith regardless of what we told Saul during his interrogation of Revan, Korriban became a graveyard for Sith again regardless of if we chose to go darkside or not.

All I see whenever I play TSL is a Republic on the verge of collapse, both hoping and fearing the return of Revan. The backstory of the game doesn't rely on the first game, it relies on the Mandalorian wars, which occurs BEFORE the first game. And it relies on Revan's departure which happens AFTER the first game.

So, I'll ask the question again: How much does TSL really rely on the first game?

Until you rephrase that intelligibly, I can't answer the question.

Alright, I'll put it my question into a nicer form:

Is it really such a stupid idea to not have Revan and/or the Exile in the third game?

Yes. The last masters are all dead, and the only Jedi left are a couple stragglers, and unable to rebuild the order.

My point exactly, which is why I feel a sense of dread everytime someone says they want the Jedi Order rebuilt at the beginning of the next one, with the Handmaiden as the chronicler or something.

See above

And that is bad... How?

You cut me off mid-sentence on this one, this goes along with the next thing you quoted.

If you are referring to your idea as one which might detract from the series, you are quite correct.

So it wouldn't detract from the series to start off in a magically rebuilt Jedi Enclave in Coruscant? I think you just contradicted yourself there.

I'm against that idea, you agreed with me, and then you disagreed with me.. :smash:

Having some of the previous characters would not be bad. It wasn't in TSL(If you are saying you don't want HK-47 & T3-M4 in KOTOR 3's party, then you are my sworn enemy).

No, I agree with you on this. What I hope we all don't get stuck with however is having Carth, Bastila, Atton, Handmaiden etc. returning to our party just for the sake of trying to tie the first two games together.

Lucasarts isn't making KOTOR 3, and it didn't make TSL or KOTOR 1 either.

True, but they are the ones providing the money and timetable for this game. Besides that George Lucas, from what I have come to understand, oversees absolutely everything Star Wars related down to the very last word. He's the one who gives final approval on what goes into the games, despite not creating them himself. He still has the authority to change anything that he doesn't approve on, however nowadays he tends to approve (what I believe to be anyway) a lot of very poor games. I haven't enjoyed anything the company has put out for a while, minus the Knights series. I'd just hate to have my last bit of trust in this company shaken by a game that tries way too hard to connect itself to the first two games.

It seems that, single-handedly, I have completely demolished your idiotic idea and exposed each and every flaw in its structure.

It seems that I have single-handedly countered your attempt to squash my arguement. Maybe next time you should not be so hasty to judge an idea that may seem "idiotic" to you.

This entire topic revolves around the idea that the third game should be involved with the other two games, but it should not *revolve* around the choices you have made in the previous two. It doesn't in anyway suggest that the third game should take place 5000 years after the OT or anything absurd like that... but I don't think it should have everyone from the first two games returning and getting into this massive battle against the "True Sith".

Just my 2 cents. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I fully welcome any and all contradiction to my idea. Just please, no more bashing of anyone's ideas, alright? Don't want to get the moderators to lock up this topic, so let's keep this a nice, peaceful, topic, shall we?

Does that stop people from trying to tie it into the Kotor series by creating new items such as "Skywalker saber" or "boba fett helmet" and implementing them into the game? Does that stop people from writing fanfictions about some Jedi with the last name Solo running around in Knights of the Old Republic times? Does that stop people from wishing that these two huge sagas were somehow connected?

It doesn't even matter what fan fictions or mods are made.

Really? Was Revan in this game?

No, and it doesn't matter if he was.

Did we have any drastic difference in gameplay if Revan went Darkside as opposed to Light?

No. I was referring to his actions overall. Light or dark, Revan killed Malak, demolished the Sith Empire in KOTOR 1, ect.

Was the Exile in the first game at all?

First of all, what's your point by bringing this up? Second, no, because he wasn't created yet.

The second game had little to do with the first game.

I stated previously why It does have plenty to do.

Is it really such a stupid idea to not have Revan and/or the Exile in the third game?

Doesn't need the Exile, but Revan is needed.

My point exactly, which is why I feel a sense of dread everytime someone says they want the Jedi Order rebuilt at the beginning of the next one, with the Handmaiden as the chronicler or something.

My point is that no one else could rebuild the order.

So it wouldn't detract from the series to start off in a magically rebuilt Jedi Enclave in Coruscant? I think you just contradicted yourself there.

I'm against that idea, you agreed with me, and then you disagreed with me..

How did i contradict myself? I said that you were wrong. You should pay attention to what whoever you're talking to is saying.

No, I agree with you on this. What I hope we all don't get stuck with however is having Carth, Bastila, Atton, Handmaiden etc. returning to our party just for the sake of trying to tie the first two games together.

Really, what are the chances of having members from the previous games in your party (not counting Hk-47, since it's not KOTOR without him)?

just hate to have my last bit of trust in this company shaken by a game that tries way too hard to connect itself to the first two games.

How are they trying to connect the KOTOR series to the movies other than the fact that it's Star Wars. Well, there is the couple of people with certain last names.

but I don't think it should have everyone from the first two games returning and getting into this massive battle against the "True Sith".

Having some big war with the "True Sith" is what obviously should happen, and can't be avoided with an incredibly stupid plot hole.

No, and it doesn't matter if he was.

It matters to the point of this topic. Revan wasn't in the second game, why should he/she be in the third one?

No. I was referring to his actions overall. Light or dark, Revan killed Malak, demolished the Sith Empire in KOTOR 1, ect.

So how does this make TSL revolve around the plot of the first game? Regardless of whether or not Revan defeated Malak, there is still a new threat that needs to be taken care of. Sion, Nihillus, nor Kreia have any real ties to the events of the first game. Why does the third game need a storyline centered around the events of the first two?

First of all, what's your point by bringing this up? Second, no, because he wasn't created yet.

My point is that you seem dead-set on having characters who are central to the plot of the second and first games returning for the third. Either that or you just enjoy starting up an arguement no matter what I say (not that I'm complaining, mind you). In case it hasn't become abundantly clear by now, my whole arguement is centered around the idea that TSL (minus the background concerning Revan, which if you think about it, doesn't really play as much of a role in the second game as you believe it does) has very little to do with the first game... so why does the third game have to be a complete continuation of the second? The second game didn't start with you playing as Revan at the head of an armada, nor did you start as a hero to the galaxy. You started as an outcast Jedi who was hunted by just about everyone in known space... The second game didn't continue the first's storyline, why does the third need to? Plot holes? Didn't you wonder where Revan went when you first found out he/she wasn't in the second game? They filled up those plot holes with just an easy going conversation at the start of the game, what's to say they can't do the same for the third?

I'm not saying that the "True Sith" shouldn't be in the next game, but there are other ways of incorperating a plot then bringing in the Exile, and Revan, and every other important character we've met over the course of the previous two games.

Who knows, you could start the game off as a Republic officer who is on an outpost on an outer rim world, when the planet your on comes under attack by the "True Sith", and you have to warn the Republic of this new threat. You learn the ways of the force from a crazy hermit (IMO, preferably someone we haven't met yet), and you find yourself locked in a battle aboard a capital ship with the boss character.

You could be a smuggler who's ship is gunned down over an unkown world, and you have to escape the planet because the locals want you dead. You wind up chased all around the crumbled Republic by this new race, you learn the force from some Jedi warrior who just happens to be in the same vicinity as you when they attack (again, it doesn't have to be someone we know already. The order is scattered, there may not be many Jedi left, but no one knows how many exactly there are. Kreia only kills the masters), and at the end of it all you decide to fight back. You end up killing their leader and restoring peace to the galaxy, or whatnot... who knows. The plot does not need to consist of Revan or the Exile.

I stated previously why It does have plenty to do.

Well, just so we're on the same page, why don't you list everything that Revan has done which directly affects the Exile's actions. And I mean choices that Revan made in the first game. (I know of the whole killing Malak thing, but like I said before, none of the sith lords in the second had anything to do with Malak. Nor did anything that really affected the exile have anything to do with Malak's death, so were there other important things you'd like to list?)

Doesn't need the Exile, but Revan is needed.

Why?

My point is that no one else could rebuild the order.

well how can a bunch of "children with lightsabers" rebuild a Jedi Order?

How did i contradict myself? I said that you were wrong. You should pay attention to what whoever you're talking to is saying.

I think you should try and make your responses a bit clearer.

That you should *not* start the game in an *already* rebuilt Jedi Order?

After reading those two responses it is a bit easy to think you meant "Yes, I agree. After the Jedi Order being scattered in the second game, it is unlikely that it will magically be rebuilt by the third game".

Really, what are the chances of having members from the previous games in your party (not counting Hk-47, since it's not KOTOR without him)?

Pretty good seeing as we got Canderous back in the second. (which really wasn't as great as I thought it would be)

How are they trying to connect the KOTOR series to the movies other than the fact that it's Star Wars. Well, there is the couple of people with certain last names.

How did you jump from me talking about connecting the two games to the third to connecting the movies with the games? 0o

Having some big war with the "True Sith" is what obviously should happen, and can't be avoided with an incredibly stupid plot hole.

That all depends on what you would call a "stupid plot hole". Some saw Revan leaving as "stupid". Some thought the Exile's force wound as "stupid". It's obvious you view the idea of Revan nor the Exile being in the third game as "stupid". What is "stupid" and what is not is really only in the eyes of the beholder.

I can think of countless people who thought Episode III was horrible, and yet I can think of countless people who thought it was the greatest movie ever. What you may hate, other's may like, and what you may like others may hate. Before you turn this statment against me, I really have no problem with anyone else's ideas. They're all opinions, and I have my own opinions on the subject as well. However I didn't agree with their opinions, so I started my own topic which aimed to discuss what I felt should be in the third game.

I don't remember seeing a topic posted by you on what you think the third game should be about, (although I haven't browsed this section of the forums in a while) so why not make a topic detailing your own views on the matter. I'm sure it'd be interesting to hear your take on what the plot of K3 should be, or what it shouldn't be... so why not tell us your ideas? :)

I like the original post's idea. I think that, like the first two games, you should start out as a new pc, with a new party. Somewhere along the line you should figure out how the storyline of the game relates with revan or the exile. Then you should have to defeat the threat that Revan went to fight, maybe finding his body and finding how he died. Or, it could be cool if you meet up with Revan at the end of the game and then he dies heroicly in the final battle.

See, this is why I don't understand the original post, or anyone else agreeing with the original poster. Even if you hope that K3 moves on with the story and ditches the Exile and Revan, a story like that one above does JUST THE OPPOSITE.

It matters to the point of this topic. Revan wasn't in the second game, why should he/she be in the third one?

What part of the two two stories being about the Mandalorean War and it repercussions do you not understand? Without Revan going to war there would have never been Exile. Malachor V was where the final battle in the Mandalorean War took place. Malachor V was where The Exile became the wound in the Force. K2 was an extension of overall K1 story with a different PC and a cliff hanger of an ending. Do you need your plots spoon feed to you? While I don't think you need The Exile for K3, Revan is a must have if you want to finish the overall plot in previous two KotOR games.

Ultimately, the answers are going to be very different for each player depending on how they played the first two games. There is usually no one answer, and there is no point really wasting a game on relatively minor questions, IMO.

What happened to their friends
Kreia explains what happened to just about everybody in TSL, and we know about several of the NPCs from KOTOR.

and will they ever see them again?
In most cases no, as was explained.

Will Revan ever explain why he did what he did to Mandalore
Probably not, since they will likely never meet again.

or if he and Bastila have a future.
They do not, for various reasons depending on how you played the game.

Will we ever see if Carth managed to make up with his son?
We already did in KOTOR.

Does the force, the binding power that "holds the galaxy together" apply outside the galaxy, where the Sith await?
The long answer is the "True Sith" are apparently in the Unknown regions, which is still inside the galaxy, so yes the Force still does apply. The short answer is who really cares?

If Revan and/or the Exile fell defending their friends and planets I don't want some crappy holocron telling me "they're dead get on with the game".
Actually, that is exactly how I want it.

I want to be able to see it, or control them as they go down fighting gloriously blowing up hordes of space planes and cutting down everything till their last breath.
But what is the point of playing when you know for a fact that you will die in the end, no matter what you do? Besides, you can do all the chopping stuff with any new character.

If they won and survived, then I want to be there as well, and I don't want a datapad informing me " yes, yes Revan and the Exile beat everything in the unknown regions so get on with the game please".
Again, that is what I want. If he survived, great. But I don't want to waste an entire game just to find that out.

What part of the two two stories being about the Mandalorean War and it repercussions do you not understand? Without Revan going to war there would have never been Exile. Malachor V was where the final battle in the Mandalorean War took place. Malachor V was where The Exile became the wound in the Force. K2 was an extension of overall K1 story with a different PC and a cliff hanger of an ending. Do you need your plots spoon feed to you? While I don't think you need The Exile for K3, Revan is a must have if you want to finish the overall plot in previous two KotOR games.

Kotor took place during the Jedi Civil War, not the Mandalorian Wars. We only made choices for Revan during the Jedi Civil War, not the Mandalorian Wars. The exile became a 'wound' in the force BEFORE the first game, Malachor happened BEFORE the first game.

K2 wasn't an extension on K1 storyline, it was an extention on the Mandalorian Wars.

No, I do not need my plots spoonfed to me, especially seeing as I've endured the game start to finish a total of 26 times. If you want a timeline of events, I'd be happy to give them to you.

1. Mandalorians begin attacking worlds on the outer rim. The Republic is still recovering from its war with Exhar Kuhn, and doesn't have the ability to muster up enough of an army to repel the mandalorians. They just sit and wait.

2. Mandalorians move deeper into Republic space, the Republic decides to send forces to fight back. The Republic army is weak, and is easily decimated by the Mandalorian threat.

3. The Republic begs the Jedi Council to helpt them out in the war, but the Jedi decide to wait. They believe a bigger threat is out there and that attacking the Mandalorians head-on would only serve to kill Jedi needlessly.

4. Revan and Malak decide to break away from the council, and pull together a group of jedi (including the Exile) to fight in the Mandalorian Wars.

(skip some time which includes only battles on several planets.)

5. Malachor V. Revan sends an army of unloyal soldiers to lure the Mandalorians to the planet. The Exile tells Bao-Dur to activate the Mass Shadow Generator and destroy the planet when the Mandalorians are in range.

6. Revan and his army head to the outer regions to kill off any remaining Mandalorians.

7. Revan, Malak, and the rest of Revan's army returns to the Republic with an armada bent on galactic domination.

8. The Exile returns to Coruscant around the time that Revan returns to the Republic. The Exile is kicked out of the Order for going to war. The Exile departs for the farthest reaches of the galaxy.

9. A Jedi strike force, along with Bastila, board Revan's ship. Malak fires upon Revan's ship hoping to kill both his master, and the Jedi in one explosion. Revan and Bastila survive.

10. Bastila brings Revan before the council, they erase his mind and give him a new identity.

11. The first game begins

12. Revan and Bastila search for the Star Forge

13. Revan discovers his true identity, and Bastila is captured by Malak.

14. Revan kills Malak and either takes the Star Forge himself, or destroys it.

15. The first game ends.

16. Revan decides to depart from known space. The Republic begins to decay after he leaves.

17. Kreia is overthrown by Sion, and Nihillus.

18. Atris leaks information about the Exile to the Republic, and his departure becomes common knowledge.

19. Atris arranges a transport to find the Exile and bring him back to the Republic.

20. Kreia finds the Exile aboard the Harbinger, and brings him back onto the Ebon Hawk.

21. The harbinger, now under the control of Sion, fires on the Ebon Hawk, critically damaging it.

22. The second game begins.

23. The Exile, now under the training of Kreia, arrive at Telos. After being held captive by the TSF, they find that their ship has been stolen.

24. Bao-Dur helps the Exile find his ship, which was taken by Atris. The Exile begins his quest to find the last known Jedi Masters.

25. The Exile finds the Jedi Masters who kicked him from the Jedi Order, and they inform him that he is a 'wound' in the force. Kreia then kills the masters.

26. The Exile confronts and kills both Nihillus, and Sion. Then faces Kreia and defeats her.

27. Second game ends.

Explain to me there, how the choices you made as Revan in the first game influenced at all the events of the second.

My question still stands.

Revan wasn't in the second game, why should he/she be in the third one?

hmm, u do have a good point there but the second game still in a way had something to do with Revan, Kreia was revans first teacher and she i think was training the Exile to go and find Revan coz as she says at the end of the game' i was hoping that you would follow in revans footsteps' ever she ment trying to take over the republic(witch would be stupid because as she said the republic will fall in a maleniam) so she must have ment track down revan so if there is a kotor 3 it would most likely be you tracking down revan and/or the exile and confronting them to stop the galaxy from dying. But i guess you could say that Revan is oly relavent by his name and nothing more but if that was the case then there would really be no point of the story in kotor2

Explain to me there, how the choices you made as Revan in the first game influenced at all the events of the second.

Well, it seems to me that if Revan never destroyed the Star Forge, the Republic would've have gone into stagnation, allowing Sion and Nihilus to slowly start conquering the galaxy. Maybe, but it seems like that to me.

Oh my, I still can't believe this. Why Revan was not in the 2nd game physically, everything was revolved around Revan still. Everyone talked about the Outer Rim, and how it had the baddest Sith and was the most dangerous place to be.

If they don't include that, I am going to be angry. I want to see this place full of evil and perils, I want to fight the baddest Sith with my best characters and have every storyline and sub storyline 100% complete.

What Obsidian obviously wanted to do was to get an EPIC supergroup. Yes, not a lot of people will be happy about this but people think.

Dark Lord Cheez, you would expect them to really go against the rpg story of where everything in Star Wars (like I said in my previous post) comes in 3's? Seriously. "Ohh well Revan died... and then the Exile tried, but died too! And here we are 500 years later! Wow that was such a great story!"

"What about Carth and Bastila?"

"Ohhh they just sat around and well like... moved on!"

People, you guys would seriously be ruining the advancing story. Obviously if these guys are the toughest out there, Revan or the Exile is not going to be level 1. They are going to be like like in their 30's, and everything is going to be crazy and epic.

As for voice acting, I am not sure, but what I do know is that skipping over the story is not what a "Role-playing Game" is about. RPG's are about stories, and that would be pretty crappy to just speed up time.

So if you are playing this game because it's only Star Wars, then this game is not for you. I am a Star Wars fan, but I don't like to go around and kill baddies all the day so I don't buy the action games. This whole trilogy will be mediocre if they did that.

Rather Dark_Lord_Cheez, the 4th one should be like that and set apart but still intertwined like the first 3 pertained to the last 3 Star Wars Movies.

Revan wasn't in the second game, why should he/she be in the third one?

Aside from making quite a nice literary conceit, it would also allow the story to take place either at the same time as events in TSL, or afterwards, in which case we could explore the Unknown Regions. Also, even without Revan/Exile, there's going to be an awful lot of backtracking, explaining who these two were, your character will inevitably not know whats going on, i.e. memory loss or being away and having forgotten...Really, on those grounds it makes no difference. Finally, going into the UR long after Revan and the Exile, or picking up long after at least would feel rather lame - the difference between being at a battle and reading the facts in a textbook.

And just taking the series off in a totally different direction wouldn't work either - there would be too many unanswered questions...

At least, that's what I think :)

Where exactly is everyone getting the impression that I want this all to start 500 years or so after the second game from? Oh well, I'll try to explain my idea again. :rolleyes:

In my opinion, the third game should start you off as another pc. A new character, not Revan, not the Exile.

The story should be set a handful of years after the second (let's say 3-5), or even a handful of months after. Thus the background idea of the Mandalorian and Jedi Civil Wars laying waste to the Republic remains active. The Jedi should be all but extinct (there really would be no point in killing off most of them in the second if they're just going to all come back by the third), and the Republic should be on the brink of collapse. (sound a little similar to what TSL set up?)

With your party of completely new characters, (minus T3 and HK possibly) you would have to play through the game trying to defeat these "True Sith", or whatever enemies are thrown at you. Revan and the Exile's times are up, we already delved deep enough into both of their stories, so there is no reason for us to see them again in this one.

I hope that Bastila, Carth, Atton etc. would only be in this game for a few seconds if at all. We already know their backstories, we don't need to hear anymore about all of that. It's time for new, fresh characters and plots.

The Jedi Order does not need to be rebuilt in order for there to be Jedi, (think ANH and ESB. No academy left, but Luke was still training to be a Jedi) which is why I hope that they just let the Order crumble in the third game and at the very end you can choose to restore it or not.

Furthermore, my remark about children Jedi was strictly an idea for a very small sidequest. My reasoning for this is that the events concerning the Exile would have to be recent (like I said, this game should only be a shor time after TSL), and therefore it would be pretty difficult to have fully grown Jedi walking around.

Of course there is no way a 5 year old Jedi would be taken seriously, but you know how pompous some preschoolers can be.

I would imagine a quest like this revolving around about 5 Jedi children walking around threatening peasants and such. (I mean Jedi can use the force, and without guidance they tend to fall to the darkside. Imagine how easily a 5 year old with no one to tell them what they can and can't do with the force, will go darkside.)

The end result of this quest would probably be either you let the children continue what they're doing (for DS points), or try to get them to put their powers to good use (LS).

That's all I meant when I mentioned children Jedi. I didn't, and still don't think that the main character should start as a little kid training to use the force.

Kotor took place during the Jedi Civil War, not the Mandalorian Wars. We only made choices for Revan during the Jedi Civil War, not the Mandalorian Wars. The exile became a 'wound' in the force BEFORE the first game, Malachor happened BEFORE the first game.

K2 wasn't an extension on K1 storyline, it was an extention on the Mandalorian Wars.

No, I do not need my plots spoonfed to me, especially seeing as I've endured the game start to finish a total of 26 times. If you want a timeline of events, I'd be happy to give them to you.

Without the Mandalorian War there wouldn't have been a Jedi Civil War.

To quote your own post:rolleyes:

6. Revan and his army head to the outer regions to kill off any remaining Mandalorians.

7. Revan, Malak, and the rest of Revan's army returns to the Republic with an armada bent on galactic domination.

With 26 complete games you should have done the Canderous Ordo side quest more then once.

"I still remember that final battle in the skies above Malachor V. The two fleets filling the space around it, outshining the stars..."

— Canderous Ordo

"It was not the your ships or your men or your vaunted 'fight for freedom' that won this, the final battle of the war. It was by the actions of one person–the Jedi Revan–that you prevailed. Revan's strategies and tactics defeated the best of us. Even Mandalore himself was taken aback by the ferocity, the tenacity, and the subtlety of Revan's Plans. Revan fought us to a standstill and then began pushing us back. We didn't really have a chance."

— Canderous Ordo on the Battle of Malachor V.

Without the Mandalorian War there wouldn't have been a Jedi Civil War.

To quote your own post:rolleyes:

With 26 complete games you should have done the Canderous Ordo side quest more then once.

"I still remember that final battle in the skies above Malachor V. The two fleets filling the space around it, outshining the stars..."

— Canderous Ordo

"It was not the your ships or your men or your vaunted 'fight for freedom' that won this, the final battle of the war. It was by the actions of one person–the Jedi Revan–that you prevailed. Revan's strategies and tactics defeated the best of us. Even Mandalore himself was taken aback by the ferocity, the tenacity, and the subtlety of Revan's Plans. Revan fought us to a standstill and then began pushing us back. We didn't really have a chance."

— Canderous Ordo on the Battle of Malachor V.

I fail to see how any of this relates to the fact that Revan was not in the second game which was the point I made originally, which is the point you tried arguing with me by bringing up the subject of the Mandalorian Wars.

Do you at any point in time, in the second game, remember seeing Revan walk into the enclave on Dantoine and slaughter the council? Or board the Ravager and kill Nihillus? If you have proof that he did such things, please inform me. But until then my point still stands: Revan was not in the second game.

Edit: used Bold on my quoted post for emphasis

Archived