Home

Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3? (Possible Series Spoilers Inside.)

The Source

Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3?

• Reven: Will die in KotOR 3.
    • Revan: Will live in KotOR 3.
    • Exile: Will die in KotOR 3.
    • Exile: Will live in KotOR 3.

We don't need them dead to prevent us from playing as them.
True enough, but it would sure put an end to the "we should play as Revan" talk. :p

Revan is needed to wrap up the story because it ultimately revolves around him and his actions. The Exile isn't needed anywhere, and neither of them should be in the player's party.
How does TSL really revolve around Revan? You don't need to have played KOTOR to fully enjoy and understand TSL, as it isn't really a part of the main plot. The player can skip all the Revan stuff and not miss anything. Yes, Revan affected the state of the galaxy, but most of his involvement in TSL is as a throwin for players of KOTOR.

Well what's the point of the big mystery of TSL, if not to introduce the final chapter of Revan's story?
What big mystery of TSL? TSL is about the Exile, and to a large extent his story has been told. Most of the parts regarding Revan can be skipped or not encountered by players at all.

You can't seriously think that the devs will introduce a new story just like that and just quickly mention Revan's fate at the beginning of the game.
That is exactly what I think they might do (at least info regarding Revan, if not his final destiny). They pretty much did that with TSL, and I would think they will do the same with K3.

I highly doubt that the player will control Revan or the Exile again, for all the reasons that have been discussed around here before. That means that there will be a new character, and players are going to want the story to revolve around the player's character. Most players, especially those who have not played K1 or 2, are not going to really care about what happened to Revan. Especially not at the expense of their current character. The developers want to make the game as excessible as possible. That means they aren't going to have the players control one character and then have the story revolve entirely around another character.

Heck, if they were going to do that, they would have done so in TSL. They didn't.

What story? Revan's story is over, it ended with KOTOR 1. If Kreia never told you Revan probably went to the unknown reigons, what other excuse would you guys find in order to bring Revan back?
Indeed.

Revan is really not that important at this point.
Exactly. His actions may have reprocussions for the story in future games, but it is very unlikely that he will be the focus.

the dark side may be more seductive and easier to learn but it is not more powerfull than the light
Actually, it has been confirmed that the dark side is more powerful. ;)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What big mystery of TSL? TSL is about the Exile, and to a large extent his story has been told. Most of the parts regarding Revan can be skipped or not encountered by players at all.

Revan's story and its continuation was mentioned during the entire TSL game, not just in that first conversation with Atton, there was Canderous (Mandalore), Carth and Bastila and their holorecordings and, ofcourse, Kreia.

As Prime said though, Revan was not the main focus. Of course Revan's actions in recent history may have a large impact on the current plot, characters etc. but the main story in TSL is about the Exile being a "wound in the force". It was never a grand search for Revan or anything like that. Like K1, TSL foucsed on your character, both Revan and the Exile made actions that will probably effect the next sequel, but they're not important anymore.

Not only that but K1 and K2 made it so that "you" defined those characters, if you suddenly put a face, voice and alignment on them what would the point K1 and K2 have been? They would have never given you the option to customize your character, the game would have been 100% linear from the get-go. Although you may not find it hard to accept, theres already a load of people complaining about canon LS and DS endings.

Revan's actions in recent history may have a large impact on the current plot, characters etc

That's exactly the POINT.

Not only that but K1 and K2 made it so that "you" defined those characters

That's just a user option, not Star Wars canon.

, if you suddenly put a face, voice and alignment on them what would the point K1 and K2 have been?

Your question is not specific enough.

They would have never given you the option to customize your character, the game would have been 100% linear from the get-go.

Like I said before, the choices of gender, alignment, ect are just user options.

Although you may not find it hard to accept, theres already a load of people complaining about canon LS and DS endings.

That's too bad for them, because not only would it be incredibly stupid to not have a canon ending, but also they won't get their idiotic wish.

That's exactly the POINT.

What point? By that all I meant was a simple "What did Revan do in the Jedi Civil War?" type of question like Atton asks you in K2.

I don't think KOTOR was really meant to be truly canon. As said, the devs would have put a face, voice etc. on your character from the start. You as a player would have little control over the characters dialogue and such because everything would pretty much be linear. They didn't do this in K1 nor K2, no point in suddenly giving Revan a permenant personality.

Your question is not specific enough.

The question is exactly what it is, though the statement above can apply to that.

Like I said before, the choices of gender, alignment, ect are just user options.

Then what would be the point? The same statement above applies here as well

That's too bad for them, because not only would it be incredibly stupid to not have a canon ending, but also they won't get their idiotic wish.

I don't really care about a LS & DS ending being canon myself, but from a dev's standpoint why would you anger that audience further by "canonizing" every single detail about the first games.

KOTOR was a game of your own unique experience, otherwise why doesn't the Jedi Exile have an actual name? For the most part if you were never told that you were Revan and the character you played in the first KOTOR was an ordinary soldier,Jedi, Sith who just happened to save the galaxy, would you feel as strongly about bringing back that character?

Revan's story and its continuation was mentioned during the entire TSL game, not just in that first conversation with Atton, there was Canderous (Mandalore), Carth and Bastila and their holorecordings and, ofcourse, Kreia.
Which is my point. Pretty much all of those are events that may or may not be encountered by the player. They have little to no effect on the main plot of the game. The main events of the story in no way hinge on any information regarding Revan.

KotoR is EU not canon. ;)

As said, the devs would have put a face, voice etc. on your character from the start. You as a player would have little control over the characters dialogue and such because everything would pretty much be linear. They didn't do this in K1 nor K2, no point in suddenly giving Revan a permenant personality.

Word. :D

@ Listen to Prime, you all should. Wisdom he posts! :yodac:

KotoR is EU not canon

EU IS canon unless contradicted by the movies.

But I grow weary of this. I've stated my point (the correct point) multiple times and you ignore it. Perhaps time will let the truth sink in when common sense will not.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the Exile must die in a sequal because there's no point in her/him living... she or he doesn't have nothing to do because first of you can play as Mira in TSL, she can kill Hanharr if you're on the light side, but hanharr can also kill her if you'll be on the darkside... others then that I simply agree with -->

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkonium

I for one feel that the Exile must die, for he created a wound in the force, and that may be the only way to set things right, but Revan has a far greater destiny.

I believe (though no one may care) that no one will play as either, I feel that that there will be yet! another character, a darker more shaded character more hidden in what his or her destiny will be whether light or dark, they will progress almost hidden to who or what they are or what they will become. They will be more mysterious in who they are than the revealing of Revan in the first game or the progression of where Revan went in the second game. And they will not be slowly hinted out, what their destiny is, as the Exile was. Though this is all theory and conjecture I could be wrong Revan could reappear and the Exile could too.

Though now that I think about it they probably will reappear, maybe to be in the story line as the saviors no matter what side they were on. Because though Kreia manipulated and lied, she was very wise (comes with age) she knew that light or darkness didn't matter, that the true battle would be brought to the Republic in time. The true sith would come and they would destroy the Republic that is what Revan was doing, preparing the Republic to fight the true sith, and Revan being the ever contious planner knew that he would need a wound in the Force. He knew he would need to have someone who was able to walk away and not die by doing so, (like Kreia said, she said that no one ever seperated so much that it created a wound in the Force because the Exile severed the the ties to the Force so willingly, and he lived) he saw the need of someone who could let go of the Force and grow strong because of it. He knew (as Kreia said yet again) that the battle will not be with metal and machines.

Revan saw to it that the old corrupt jedi order would be destroyed through Malachor and his war (Jedi Civil War) and reborn with more truths in it than the old, through, the lost jedi (another wise saying of Kreia, you know for a manipulative witch she sure is truthful when it comes to the end of the galaxy) which were the Exiles companions. He also saw other deaths through other wounds in the Force that would come through Malachor (Nihilus, Sith Assassins) but knew they would be healed and destroyed through the Exile, he say that through the Exile destroying those wounds he would follow him to fight the true sith.

In the end though the third game will most likely be about the true siths coming, and about how the new order of jedi and the Republic which Revan strenthened through the destruction of the order so that they would be able to stand and fight on their own. And in all this he knew that the Exile was the catalyst to make sure all this happened. So both Revan and the Exile will come back though not through the way you might expect it. There, in most likelyhood will be no duels between the Revan and the Exile or their deaths (unless they die for some noble cause against the true sith) they will come back and live. As I said there will most likely be a new main character and a combo of new and old characters (like Bastilla, Carth, Hk-47, Atton, the Handmaiden). Revan and the Exile will most likely come in near the end of the game and help battle the true sith and be in a lotta cool cinematics fighting true sith and helping in some huge way at the last battle.

Though I may be totally wrong, I haven't seen any press releases or previews for KOTOR III.Yet but with all the hipe in the end of the second game about true sith and where Revan went where exactly the Exile went in following him, what happened to all of their companions, what happens to the Republic, and many more unanswered questions, it hints alot to what might be in the next game, ALOT! Please have an opinion to what I've said, I really can't think of much more to say I'm getting tired and my hand is cramping. I want some input on this next KOTOR game (if it's even coming out) I need to know about any info/previews I want to know what the next ones about or even when it's predicted to come out. Thank You for reading. My Brains fried so, yeah. :-(

Archived