Home

Illegal Lightsaber Colors? Hogwash!

ElizLestrad

Alright, first off I heard this from a friend and while I am extremely incredulous to the whole idea, I thought I might as well ask so that if he was wrong, I could tell him.

My friend stated that there were two colors Jedi were forbidden from using (apart from Red) Yellow, and Black. This was because apparantly the crystals used in these sabers allowed them to cut through the blades of other sabers.

I stated that it was utter nonsense simply on the premice that it would be impracticle and foolish to use such a weapon. This is because even if a yellow light saber could cut through the blades of other lightsabers sure you have an offensive advantage, but you could never block with it either!

So all I have to say is, please tell me hes wrong so I can get gloatting rights.

No black sabers known, nor is there any pimpstick discosabers.

Red is not "banned" color for Jedis either. It is just that its relation to Sith make them unpopular. Also most(if not all) red sabers are synth crystals.

There are "special" crystals that are better related to the light side of the force, like Solari.

There may be "special" crystals that are inheritly evil, and thus not to be used by Jedis, but none is known yet.

Your freind got that Yellow sabers cutting through over blades crap from supershadow.

i prescribe you give your friend a swift hard kick to the balls for being a moron.

Like its been said said no colour is banned, its pretty much down to the crystals used and as far as black lightsaber crystals go i dont think there are any?

Since a lightsaber is made from 'light' wouldn't a true black one be kind of like having a black hole absorbing all color? Food for thought.

Considering that the lightsabers blade is pure energy, the idea of a black lightsaber is contradictory. Black is the absence of light. Now I'm not saying its impossible (because after all this is only sci-fiction) but the idea of a blade that is made of pure energy and gives of no light energy is a little hokey.

And, on the black hole idea, no. Having a lightsaber that could somehow act as a black hole would be of no use to use. It would simply tear you apart into atoms. If you're talking in the idea that it would be void of light, then yes, in essence it would be like a black hole.

From what I know the whole black saber thing is just a fans creation to look cool in various games. Yes, its cool looking and all, but there is no canon information of such weapon so far.

It is true that some saber crystals(not color) emit a beam with enhanced properties, but color is not a factor. Unless you count the fact that certain crystals can only create a beam of certain color. Most sabers only use "regular" grade crystals though, and you don't get a huge cache of solari crystals that easily.

There is, however, cortosis(or the like) a weapon to snuff out lightsabers. It may be possable to apply such material as a "blade guard" or some sort on a saber, just to snuff out other sabers. If this exist this will unlikely be a regular jedi weapon though.

To note, there is a sith(I think) blade like weapon that absorbs energy if I remember, but the name escapes me, can anyone find out?

Black light? Right. Jedi are allowed to use red lightsabers but yellow, orange, white, pink and whatever else don't really exist, they're just expanded universe colours, made by "fans". Also, you said a lightsaber that cut throughs other lightsabers would be stupid because "blocking would be impossible," but that is not true, it would make blocking better, destroying a lightsaber instead of just stopping it. Maybe you're thinking of a lightsaber that gets cut by other lightsabers or something silly. It's all silly. Go away, theories!

I wonder is there is such thing as a white saber, it is a non coloured saber that only emits a beam of pure light. I know that yellow lightsabers are used by Jedi Sentinels but I have no knowledge of black sabers ever being used.

All that would require is a crystal with no colour so i dont see why its not possible.

Well, since kotor is somewhat canon, white sabers and such exist. But unless otherwise noted its "LIGHT" saber, and so black ones cannot really exist. Now, technically there can be "invisible" saber whose loght spectrum is in the ultra-violets or the light, but no such thing exist in any canon or infinite materials yet.

Though they might be really cool since you can have an ultra-violet beam with glow-in-the-dark grip :3

A more interesting would be what "type" of sabers are out there.

Yes we know the length varies alot from dagger to really long and thick ones, and yes we know there are double sabers(Maul style) and whips, and nunchuku-up saber pairs (Ventress)

There is even forked ones(weird) if its canon. What else is out there? Yoyo sabers or something? o.o

Well, about yellow lightsabers being able to cut through others...that isn't true. KotOR was still the same galaxy as all other SW related stuff, just a long time before the movies (around 4000 years to be exact) so yellow lightsabers doing that?...Impossible

• 2 weeks later...

Archived