Home

FOX News

Det. Bart Lasiter

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess whats sadistic? Britains getting blown up and the Islamic community telling the government they should change their foreign policy.

Have fun living under Sharia toms.

1) Er. No.

2) ??

Re sheenan: I'd suspect GSK quite enjoys having that avatar, as he seems to take some sort of twisted delight in the pain and suffering of others. Not healthy imho.

On the topic of the Red Cross visiting Guántanamo, I stand corrected. They are allowed to visit, and do so every few months or so, according to the ICRC's web site:

ICRC in Guantanamo Bay - May 2006

The ICRC has been visiting detainees held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba since January 2002. There are currently about 480 detainees from roughly 40 countries. As of December 2005, the ICRC had facilitated the exchange of nearly 20,800 Red Cross messages between the detainees and their families in more than 30 countries.

Just something I came across when I wrote my response to this thread.

Why they don't visit more often, I don't know. Perhaps they aren't allowed to, perhaps they don't have the resources, or perhaps they for sme reason don't feel the need.

It's Cindy Sheehan after she saw her son's face on a poster being used by protesters.
Which brings me to the obvious question #2...

What the Heck is she doing in GSK's avatar?

PS: While browsing the ICRC site, I also found this:

If civilians directly engage in hostilities, they are considered "unlawful" or "unprivileged" combatants or belligerents (the treaties of humanitarian law do not expressly contain these terms). They may be prosecuted under the domestic law of the detaining state for such action.

Both lawful and unlawful combatants (...) are entitled to humane treatment in the hands of the enemy.

The whole page is a very interesting read.

FOX news is about as "fair and balanced" as NBC, CBS, ABC and CNN are, with reversed polarity. I wish I could check out the BBC; it would be refreshing to see a truly neutral newscast.

@JMAC: You are quite correct-Bill O'Reilly is a f***in' moron.

Did anyone see the Late Show where Dave Letterman calmly told him that a lot of what he says is "just a bunch of crap"? What an ambush! O'Reilly had no real answer and was clearly caught off gaurd. A classic!

FOX news is about as "fair and balanced" as NBC, CBS, ABC and CNN are, with reversed polarity. I wish I could check out the BBC; it would be refreshing to see a truly neutral newscast.

@JMAC: You are quite correct-Bill O'Reilly is a f***in' moron.

O'Reilly's entertaining if nothing else.

If I want 'fair and balanced', I watch a little Fox, a little CNN, and after sifting through the right/left rhetoric, I get enough facts to figure out for myself what's really going on.

BBC's not neutral. :) It does, however, present a non-American approach and it's useful to see the world through non-American eyes sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well.

:cool:.

The first part would be my favourite:

1st: "We hope you'll depend on us for the truth, 'cause we'll report without an agenda".

2nd: "Either support the military or shut up".

OK, so the first one was apparently a news broadcast/ad of sorts, while the second was most likely an opinion show, but still: :rofl:

I also liked how they told this guy whose father was killed on 9/11 to "shut up":rolleyes:.

(...) it's useful to see the world through non-American eyes sometimes.
Goes for all countries, doesn't it:)?

Did anyone else catch that "mistake" by FOX that labeled Mark Foley as a Democrat at the bottom of the screen?

Gee, I wonder how that happened. Did the person writing for FOX just automatically assume that hey, if it's a gay sex scandal, SURELY it's a Democrat! :rolleyes:

Oh well.
:cool:.

The first part would be my favourite:

1st: "We hope you'll depend on us for the truth, 'cause we'll report without an agenda".

2nd: "Either support the military or shut up".

OK, so the first one was apparently a news broadcast/ad of sorts, while the second was most likely an opinion show, but still: :rofl:

Goes for all countries, doesn't it:)?

"CUT HIS MIC!" > *

Did anyone else catch that "mistake" by FOX that labeled Mark Foley as a Democrat at the bottom of the screen?

Gee, I wonder how that happened. Did the person writing for FOX just automatically assume that hey, if it's a gay sex scandal, SURELY it's a Democrat! :rolleyes:

Either that or just wishful thinking. :xp:

Archived