Home

Dialogue that reflects your Jedi Classification.

The Source

Dialogue that reflects your Jedi Classification.

Correct me if I am wrong. After not playing KotOR II for a while, plus not modding for a while, the world seems to become calm and logical. I was thinking back to the dialogue, and noticed something interesting, the answers/questions you give to NPCs are based upon light and darkside alignment. Why didn't they reflect the Jedi Class that you choose? Didn't KotOR I explain the classes, and how they perceive the world?

KoTOR did explain it, in a way. As for the why, I have no idea, maybe they didn't have enough time to put it in the game, maybe they thought it would complicate the gameplay too much... a lot of maybes, but for a 100% accurate answer I guess you'll have to ask one of the creators.

I know KotOR 1 was filled with dialouge that reflected alignment. You might be right about KotOR II, they may have thought it was too complicated. Since the influence thing was in place, they may not have felt that it was necessay.

I also don't remember alot of [Persuade] or [Force Persude] dialouge options. They were there, but it didn't seem like there were alot of dialogue options based upon your skills and abilities. Did I miss something?

I don't think you did. I too remember very little when it comes to [Persuade] and [Force Persuade], as far as I remember they were mostly available when you had to pay for something (entrance to a club, a race, docking fee maybe), I remember only one case distinctly - the two Trandoshan thugs on Nar Shaddaa and the dialogue option to persuade them to jump to their death.

There's no reason to add the class dialogue. Didn't you get enough bonus options with your skills, attributes, and Force Persuade? I know I did, and adding more dialogue would have just created a lot more round-about routes through the same conversations.

^^^^^^^^

Yep. When you play the game under each class, there will be a different perspective. Otherwords, not only will your dialouge be different according to alignment, but you will also have dialouge differences due to your class. You could end up playing the game 100+ times over, and get a different perspective each time.

Archived