Home

Hitman:Blood Money

dtriniman

I haven't seen any threads on this so if there is one please redirect me.

As a fan of the Hitman series I must say after checking the site out and other related sites I am completely blown away by what this new installment brings. The weapon upgrades are a much welcome idea and the notoriety system looks like it will be fun. I'm currently acquiring the game. ;) If anyone has it already let me know what you think.

It's a pretty good game. I've always liked how the Hitman games offer the player so many different ways to accomplish the missions and it's particularly true with the latest installment. The game now offers the possibility to set up "accidents" in order to kill off your marks. The notoriety system is pretty cool, and paired with the newspaper articles, it makes for a very fun experience.

Basically, if you leave some witnesses alive, or if you were caught on camera your notoriety level will increase and the articles in the newspapers will give out information about you, giving a clearer picture as your notoriety level increases. This causes the guards, policemen, etc. to be more suspicious of you, thus making the missions harder to complete. So, it is very important to try to keep a low profile during your missions, and the "accidents" are a very good way to do so. For example you can drop a chandelier on someone, push them over the edge of a balcony (they'll think it's a suicide), ad lighter fluid to the barbecue, or drop weights on somone while he's training in the gym.

But if you prefer, you can always come in, armed to the teeth and blast your way through the level. Then you can enjoy the lillte article in the newspaper, calling your a terrorist and telling about all of your shots and your victims.

I love that game ! :p

So does stealth play a good part of this game? I remember getting frustrated in the third one because no matter what kind of disguise I had on, guards always seemed to notice right away and start attacking me, making me have to go in guns blazing most of the time.

what are the sys requirements and recommendations?

Yes, stealth is a very big part of this game. The thing is not every disguise will let you enter any place freely, but you also need to make sure nobody sees you putting on the disguise. In the other games, if you were in disguise and stood in front of a guard for too long, if your ran or if you carried a weapon you shouldn't, then the guards would be on to you. In Blood Money, I beleive you can stay in front of the guards without them being too suspicious of you, assuming your notoriety level is low. You can also run while in disguise.

The Mardi Gras level is amazing ! There are literally thousands of people in the streets it's really cool.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/710/710650/hitman-blood-money-20060530065436903.jpg

Blood Money rules. I remember playing a demo for one of the older Hitman games, but I hated it. I was suprised how much I liked the 360 Blood Money demo.

Before you listen to anyone, you should just try the demo.

It's especially fun to replay missions with the fully upgraded assault rifle with 100 bullet drums. The feds had no idea what hit them :evil3:

I suggest you start with the second one, Hitman: Silent assassin, as the first one (Hitman: Codename 47) is rather buggy. Besides, Silent Assassin has some very cool missions in exotic places and a good storyline, wheras the third of the series (Hitman: Contracts) is just a bunch of missions without a real connection. The last one is really the best so far, but you might be intimidated by some of the missions at first, besides, if you play the last one first, it might be hard to go back to a lesser game in terms of graphics and gameplay.

Overall, the games all play in a very similar fashion and are all a lot of fun, but I suggest you start with Silen Assassin, you might actually find it cheap as it's a couple years old already. Then go on to Contracts, and finally Blood Money.

Okay sweet! I've been looking for a good rogue/stealth game! I tried playing thief but couldn't really get into it, even though it was pretty fun.

Looks like Silent Assassin will be on my list the next time I'm at gamestop :)

Listen to coupes. MrWally. Start off with Silent Assassin. (you'll love it) As he said the beauty of hitman is it's an open ended game. There are MANY ways to complete a mission. You are given different ranks based on the way a mission is done. e.g. if you shot everything that moved you'd get Mass Murderer whereas if you just killed your target you'd get Silent Assassin the highest rating in the game. (BTW attaining SA rating unlocks new weapons) If you killed all the enemies and no civilians and you were stealthy about it you'd get Ghost for example.

Check out these sites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitman_2:_Silent_Assassin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitman:_Contracts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitman:_Blood_Money

http://www.hitmanforum.com/

coupes. tell me your favorite mission(s) in SA & C.

I was literally just reading about this in EDGE and thinking "you know, those look like just the sort of games i'd like, but i've never tried any of them."

Maybe i'll see if i can rent an xbox version or something...

I haven't played those games for a while now, but I remember I loved playing the mission in Russia.

Especially the one where you have to snipe a particular general amongst many others in a meeting and the agency doesn't know which one it is... they then go through his recors to give you clues about him. You then prepare for the shot... hear your heart beating, wait for the right moment and take the shot and proceed to exit throug the sewers

I did enjoy the Japanese missions as well...

Especially the one where you infiltrate the japanese crimelord's private castle dressed as a ninja :p

The last mission was also really good

47 is really pissed and comes back to the monastary to save the day. I love to revisit levels in games, and this missions was really nice, especially th fight in the church.

It's been too long since I've played Contracts though, I do recall the last mission was pretty cool though.

Bah. I downloaded the demo and installed it, but for some reason it wouldnt run on my computer. Kept saying it was missing some component. So I figured it was the directx and updated it, and it opens the demo but in the beginning when it's loading, it will just exit. I dunno what's up with it. I guess i'll try it on the ps2. Has anyone tried it on the console? Is it any good?

I have it on PS2. Its awesome on it.

Yea, I played on Expert and got Silent Assassin across the board...cept the last mission(Amendment XXV). For some reason, I only got professional, even though I left no evidence and no witnesses and I stole the video tape.

I dunno if its a bug or what, but its pissin me off.

I just got it! And wow... it's pretty hard. It was really weird getting used to, but I really like it, that's for sure.

I had to use an faq on the first mission :( I was totally lost on what I had to do.

But I definately suggest it, so far, but be warned, if you aren't patient...this game is NOT for you...

Which one did you get Wally ? Instead of usign walkthroughs, you shoul simply take your time the first time around and explore the levels, sometime you'll find some things to help you accomplish your objectives. Patience is everything in this game, unless you want to go postal.

I got Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, it's really nice so far. I'm only on the second mission though (St. Petersburg). And I'm doing what you said, without the faq. And I'm determined to do this one without killing anyone so I get a silent Assassin rating.

Archived