Home

I don't like starting a thread on Kotor III, but....

Devilsfanatic

How long was that for though? GTA had PS2 exclusivity for only 2 years.

So far a I know the KotOR series has never been developed of the Sony consules. Since the X-box and X-box 360 are mini PCs. It was and is easier to port between the two systems. Besides most if not all of the PRGs for the Playstation have been Japanese.

I was thinking, you know 360 is known to have more 1st person shooter games while PS3 is the RPG system...

This is known? By who?

For one PS3 isn't out yet and you haven't really seen a lot of games announced for it yet. Also 360 hasn't been out that long and still doesn't have that many games. Though one of it's biggest is Oblivion which is an RPG.

I don't like starting a thread on Kotor III, but...

Then don't :p

I hope it stays on xbox and pc, though I wouldn't mind it if it was on the wii too.

By the way Hannibal, I know this is off topic, but what exactly is Oblivion? I hear everybody talk about it, but I don't even know what the hell it is. Is it an mmorpg, or just a normal one? what's it about?

Then don't :p

I hope it stays on xbox and pc, though I wouldn't mind it if it was on the wii too.

By the way Hannibal, I know this is off topic, but what exactly is Oblivion? I hear everybody talk about it, but I don't even know what the hell it is. Is it an mmorpg, or just a normal one? what's it about?

It is the fourth in the Elder Scroll series RPG. It is done by Bethesda Software.

http://www.bethsoft.com/

http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm

Devilsfanatic here's a nice link about upcoming RPGs for the 360.

Click me!!!

edit - Oops almost forgot.

Milo, it's a single player RPG. As for what it's about you should look through the links in Arátoeldar's post. I haven't gotten far enough to tell you.

It's a great game though. I'm not really that big a fan of 1st person game(especially RPGs) but I enjoy this one.

KOTOR has less of a following on the Playstation. A Story based game like KOTOR is not something you want to swich from console to console. Most of the Xbox KOTOR players will have 360s, while PS2 only gamers have probably not even played KOTOR.

It would be like Bungie finishing Halo's cliffhanger on the PS3. or Putting the sequal to a Command and conquer only on 360..

^^^

:eyeraise: Eh?

KOTOR has less of a following on the Playstation. A Story based game like KOTOR is not something you want to swich from console to console.
Since KotOR was never published for a Playstation console I think it's safe to say that there is zero to slim following in the Playstation community.
Most of the Xbox KOTOR players will have 360s, while PS2 only gamers have probably not even played KOTOR.
Not probably. PS2 only gamers have not played KotOR at all. (see above)

Who knows what platforms LEC will release KotOR 3 on? First things first, we need to get the official announcement that KotOR 3 is in production. So we're all twiddling our thumbs waiting for that. But if and when KotOR 3 is made and they don't release it for the same platforms the first two were released on.... I would be very disappointed if that were the case. I hope LEC wouldn't alienate it's KotOR fan base like that. Well, LEC wouldn't make KotOR 3 for Xbox but they should include the Xbox successor. So my inconsequential vote is for KotOR 3 on Xbox360 and PC for sure. If LEC wants to expand to the PS3 too then that works for me. It's just more work for them. :D

I know one thing. Just like Halo 3 will sell 360s to all the Halo fans. KOTOR3 would do the same for KOTOR fans.

I don't own a 360 yet but have planned on getting one. If they announce KOTOR3 I may run out like a sheep and buy one.

Baaaaahhhhhhh!!!

I know one thing. Just like Halo 3 will sell 360s to all the Halo fans. KOTOR3 would do the same for KOTOR fans.

I don't own a 360 yet but have planned on getting one. If they announce KOTOR3 I may run out like a sheep and buy one.

Baaaaahhhhhhh!!!

I already have my 360, so I hope it doesn't go to PS3

^^^

OK, but when you said "PS2 only" I thought that meant people that only played games on the PS2. And if they only played games on PS2 then we can logically conclude that such individuals never played a KotOR game since none of the KotOR games produced thus far would run on a PS2. ;)

Yeah, I know I take things too literally sometimes... :giveup:

ON-TOPIC: From what I've read it seems like Microsoft would very much like to make headway in getting developers to make RPG's for the Xbox 360. I'm not sure if MS is making much headway or not. Sounds like the Xbox 360 hasn't sold near as well in Japan as MS had hoped. I correlate that to Japanese loyalty to homegrown Sony and lack of quality RPG titles since I understand Japanese gamers are into RPG's. Whether my correlation is accurate or not is up for debate however. :D

^^^

Well, seems like Microsoft is indeed making some headway getting RPG titles into the development pipe for the Xbox 360. The only one I really paid attention to before this was BioWare's Mass Effect however I don't know how well that will do in Japan since Japanese tend to like a different RPG style or something like that. But Blue Dragon looks like its poised to grab a chunk of the Japanese gamer market.

But like you said, not having some quality RPG titles ready by the Xbox 360 launch date is likely a big reason why the Xbox 360 isn't selling so well in Japan.

^^^

:eyeraise: Eh? Since KotOR was never published for a Playstation console I think it's safe to say that there is zero to slim following in the Playstation community.Not probably. PS2 only gamers have not played KotOR at all. (see above)

Who knows what platforms LEC will release KotOR 3 on? First things first, we need to get the official announcement that KotOR 3 is in production. So we're all twiddling our thumbs waiting for that. But if and when KotOR 3 is made and they don't release it for the same platforms the first two were released on.... I would be very disappointed if that were the case. I hope LEC wouldn't alienate it's KotOR fan base like that. Well, LEC wouldn't make KotOR 3 for Xbox but they should include the Xbox successor. So my inconsequential vote is for KotOR 3 on Xbox360 and PC for sure. If LEC wants to expand to the PS3 too then that works for me. It's just more work for them. :D

Really. You don't think that LEC would do KOTOR III on the Xbox? Assume that KOTOR III is in development right now and they just haven't announced it yet, you still think it would be a nexgen title?

• 1 month later...

^^^

:doh: How did I miss responding to this?

You don't think that LEC would do KOTOR III on the Xbox?

No, I don't.

Assume that KOTOR III is in development right now and they just haven't announced it yet, you still think it would be a nexgen title?
In a word, yes. I have no doubt that KotOR III (assuming the game is made) will be a next-gen console exclusive. And hopefully PC too. :D

I was thinking, you know 360 is known to have more 1st person shooter games while PS3 is the RPG system, maybe KOTOR III is being planned for the PS3 and will be one of the surprises named for that system and that's why they haven't announced it yet.

No, XBox is known for playing pong then burning and crashing because there are too many objects on screen. Honest. I doubt it will be exclusive to any console like the first ones were, but I hope the PS3 and Wii have some special things (Wiisabers!)

I have a feeling KOTOR3 will primarily be on the XBox 360. With what Bioware is doing with Mass Effect, you just know KOTOR3 has to be similar in scope. And if they actually happen to borrow the Mass Effect engine, it'll definately be on the 360.

If Kotor 3 looked like Mass Effect, my head would explode from the sheer awesomeness of it.

Archived