Home

New Guy.

oades88

Hey this is my first post here.

I thought I'd join becasue this game looks great. Thats right I have not actually played it. I played about 5 mins of the demo and fell in love with this game.

I have a few questions.

1. Where can I purchase this game (i've looked all over the net)

2. Will the game be compatible for newer PC's?

Thanx

Hey, welcome to the forums.

1. Where can I purchase this game (i've looked all over the net)

It is pretty hard to find at the moment. At the moment LucasArts aren't producing it anymore (but they claim they are trying to get it back into stock). Your best bet is getting it second hand on eBay or Amazon Marketplance (it's hard to give you exact links because you didn't give a location

2. Will the game be compatible for newer PC's?

It depends on your system specs, but usually there are ways to get it working (check out the Glottis' Garage sub forum for advice). If the demo works though the full game should too.

Hey, welcome to the forums.

It is pretty hard to find at the moment. At the moment LucasArts aren't producing it anymore (but they claim they are trying to get it back into stock). Your best bet is getting it second hand on eBay or Amazon Marketplance (it's hard to give you exact links because you didn't give a location

It depends on your system specs, but usually there are ways to get it working (check out the Glottis' Garage sub forum for advice). If the demo works though the full game should too.

I am in Ontario, Canada.. BTW how do i set up my profile?

About the Demo. I played it years ago, with an older computer. I just totaly forgot about this game by the time I bought a computer. I visited the Lucas/store page but can't find the game there? But U mentioned they will release more in the future???

About specs i just update a bit really, Radeon X1600XT, 3800 Athlon processor, 2 Gigs Ram, and I can't remeber my mother board but it is new too.

You should be able to get GF working on any modern system as long as it isn't a 64bit processor, in which case there seems to be some problems that cripple it. Windows Vista's presumably better support for older software might help, but at the moment it's a bit of a show stopper. Unless somebody's come up with a solution that I missed, anyway!

As for your profile, you can do all sorts of stuff here. You can get to the same place by hitting the 'user cp' link at the very top of each page.

Hey! Welcome. Like stated before your best bet is to look on ebay. I've found a couple quality Grim Fandangos on there before. There is always the option of risking to wait longer to see if Lucasarts will re-release it and you'll be able to get it for 5 times less, but if they decide they will not, the price of the game will continue to rise every day pretty much. I wouldn't be suprised if Lucasarts didn't re-release it, so if I were you, I'd try and get it now...but don't take my word for it...it's your choice! Happy Hunting!

Oh my God, I am the biggest dumb ass in the world. I was going to quote oades88's post, but I actually hit 'edit' and since I'm a moderator, I was able to change the post. By the time I realised my mistake, I had already ruined his post. :( I restored what I could, but it's not the same.

I'm so sorry, oades88! ~VampireNaomi

Hey! Welcome. Like stated before your best bet is to look on ebay. I've found a couple quality Grim Fandangos on there before. There is always the option of risking to wait longer to see if Lucasarts will re-release it and you'll be able to get it for 5 times less, but if they decide they will not, the price of the game will continue to rise every day pretty much. I wouldn't be suprised if Lucasarts didn't re-release it, so if I were you, I'd try and get it now...but don't take my word for it...it's your choice! Happy Hunting!

Oh, If I find copie from the U.K. will it work on my PC in Canada????

I know Console games won't!

(VampireNaomi the idiot lost the rest)

Does anyone know if Lucas arts plans on re-releasing or atleast selling some more copies of GF on thier store site? And any idea on a price range?

No news regarding a re-release or a sequel. If you wanna buy it, check amazon.com, I'd recommend one of those pay n download sites, but maybe this game is too big for that.

The reason I say they are trying to get it back into stock is because of this reply I got on June 21st after asking if they'd put the game back into their stores:

Please check back with us as we are currently working on obtaining this game.

As Thrik said in the original thread, it would probably help if you sent them an email asking if/when they are planning on putting it back in stock (to show you are interested).

I found my copy BRAND NEW on Amazon Marketplace for about £8-9, but this I think was in 2004, although you could probably still get it from there, prices may vary a little as it is people/companies selling it through Amazon

Is GF sold out in stores in the UK? I have family in Leeds. I can ask my cousin to pick me up a copy.

They did actually do a lot of LucasArts rereleases in the UK a couple of years ago, and in late 2004 I saw new editions of at least Full Throttle and Grim Fandango in GameStation. I think it might have been an exclusive deal as they seemed to have a special banner made for the shelf advertising it, and GF was on DVD.

GameStation and GameJam are probably the best chains to go to if you're after a copy though. Go in and ask if they have any copies of it (they might be left over from the rerelease and in storage), and be sure to look around the used game areas, which is something GameStation puts a lot of focus on.

They did actually do a lot of LucasArts rereleases in the UK a couple of years ago, and in late 2004 I saw new editions of at least Full Throttle and Grim Fandango in GameStation. I think it might have been an exclusive deal as they seemed to have a special banner made for the shelf advertising it, and GF was on DVD.

GameStation and GameJam are probably the best chains to go to if you're after a copy though. Go in and ask if they have any copies of it (they might be left over from the rerelease and in storage), and be sure to look around the used game areas, which is something GameStation puts a lot of focus on.

Never heard of either of those stores.. lol We have EB's (electronic boutiques).

Grim Fandango On Amazon Marketplace

I doubt you can get it in shops in the UK anymore. I started getting into Grim in 2004 I think, and I have NEVER seen it on sale in any shops. You could check the link above, the lowest price is £19.95 at the moment, which is about $40 in Canadian I think

Thanks for the link. But it looks like they don't deliver to Canada! (from the U.K)

Archived