Home

Patch breaks game?

x82nd

I am playing the U.S. Version of TSL have no problems starting a game apon fresh install, however... If I install patch 1.0b (have to do this manually due to the patcher not connecting with the Lucas arts FPT ) I get a crash apon even trying to start the game, cant even get into the intro movies. I have reinstalled 3 times and get the same result each time.

Is there a work around for this? If not will the bugs that this patch fixes cause huge problems in game?

I am playing the U.S. Version of TSL have no problems starting a game apon fresh install, however... If I install patch 1.0b (have to do this manually due to the patcher not connecting with the Lucas arts FPT ) I get a crash apon even trying to start the game, cant even get into the intro movies. I have reinstalled 3 times and get the same result each time.

Is there a work around for this? If not will the bugs that this patch fixes cause huge problems in game?

You definitely want the patch. It doesn't fix all the bugs but it is better then nothing.

Do you have the latest drivers for your computer?

What are your computer specifications and OS?

This is without the patch.... Do you need to see the report WITH it as well?

[sWKotOR]

ReportDateTime=7/22/2006 6:44:12 PM

SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60

GameExists=1

GameVersion=v2.00.424

GameInstallLocation=C:\Games\SWKotOR2\

[OS]

Name=WinXP

Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

Service Pack=Service Pack 2

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

C:\pagefile.sys=1536

[CPU]

CPUCount=1

CPUSpeed=3000

CPUFamily=15

CPUModel=3

CPUStepping=4

CPUVendor=Intel

CPUName= Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Status=Pass

[Memory]

RAM=1024

Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]

C: (NTFS), UNICODE=62.21GB

Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]

DriveLetters=D:\,E:\,J:\

Drives=HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8483B,JLMS XJ-HD166S,LITE-ON CD-ROM LTN-487T,LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-832S,_NEC DVD_RW ND-2510A

[Video]

Video Card Name=RADEON X700 Series

Video Memory=512

Desktop Resolution=1280x1024x32 @ 60Hz

DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=2.0.5819 WinXP Release

OpenGL Vendor=ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Renderer=RADEON X700 PRO x86/SSE2

Vid Card Status=Pass

Vid Card Driver Status=Pass

GL Status=Pass

DX Status=Pass

[Audio]

Sound Card Name=Realtek HD Audio rear output

Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=0

Sort Modules=1

Width=640

Height=480

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

[sound Options]

Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=0

AllowSoftShadows=1

[Game Options]

[config]

firstrun=0

I get the launcher fine, but once I press game it crashes and gives me this error (just patched it again to get this, lol)

AppName: swkotor2.exe AppVer: 2.1.0.0 ModName: swkotor2.exe

ModVer: 2.1.0.0 Offset: 0099fcc8

I think I am actually going to try the extreme, I am going to reformat and reinstall all. It was about time to do this anyways, but was putting it off... Hopefully this will solve the issue... soon as I burn 100gigs of crap onto DVDs.

fair enuff dude, i only wanted to point out to Arátoeldar that there were 2 patches for international versions :-p us british may be close family to the americans but we are sometimes different

I'm sorry jonathan7 but I have deleted yet another post as you are consistantly off-topic. Arátoeldar's statement was correct about the game version under discussion.

The topic is the US version of the game and x82nd's issues and there is one patch for the US version, as it was declaired about the US version in the first post it is not even necissary to mention the non-US game version patches. Or how many there are.

I strongly suggest you read threads more clearly and be aware of the actual topic, especially in the technical/modding sections of the forum, it helps no-one find a solution if the thread is cluttered with off topic posts. Thanks. ;)

• 2 months later...

Hi there.

I'm sorry to bring back this thread out of the grave but as I recently was subject to the same problem, I thought it could be interesting....

My configuration is quite similar to x82nd's one.

I'm using a P4 "C" 2.8 with a Radeon X850XT on a XP SP2

I own a french version of TSL but I had exactly the same problem as x82nd.

With a fresh 1.0 install, the game launches fine. No problems at all.

Installing the 1.0a patch, same deal. No problems.

Installing the 1.0b patch, crash on launching the game right after the launcher with the same message x82nd had..

Then, after several deinstalls/reinstalls which didn't work, I tried to copy the swkotor2 executable from the 1st CD (which should a version 1.0 isn't it ?) in the game folder (after backing up the 1.0b executable of course. Always make a backup before attempting silly things :))

And it worked. I could launch and play the game without any apparent problem.

I hope this may help some other peoples until a "more valid" fix can be found.

Bye.

Archived