Home

Mercenary Crew III: Separatist Scum

starmark2k

The Dark Apprentice of Darth Tyrannus stood by a window overlooking the landing pad where The Carnage rested. K'Nala Had finally completed her dark training under the Sith and found herself feeling stronger than ever.

Her Master stood by her side. "Soon we shall have our revenge."

"Yes Master." K'Nala replied. "I shall do my part."

"I Know my young Apprentice, You are the geatest Swordsman I have ever trained."

"Many Jedi will feel the Wrath of my Blade."

"Go Now, Meet The Crew i have Assembled."

K'Nala faced her master and bowed before walking off towards the ship.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the small cockpit, Raze was going through the final preparations for launch. The Carnage was a fine ship--modern, quick, and with state-of-the-art armaments, but there was one thing that it came equipped with that she didn’t care for. A Dark Jedi by the name of K’Nala.

It wasn't the fact that she wasn't familiar with K'Nala. Most of the crew were new to her, but they all had a valid purpose--medic, engineer, gunners. K'Nala's only purpose, however, was to be Dooku's watchdog. And that's what Raze resented about her. Irritated by just thinking about being 'watched', Raze's skin flushed orange for a second--a genetic 'gift' passed to her from her estranged Falleen father.

She peered out the window where she could see Count Dooku conversing with his Dark Apprentice. Raze herself didn’t really like Jedi—dark, light, or otherwise. But Dooku’s offer to her to pilot the Carnage was just too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Outside, K’Nala bowed to Dooku, and then headed to board the ship.

“Heads up, Captain,” Raze said over her shoulder. “Trouble’s boarding.”

She flicked a couple of switches, then frowned at the display. She pushed the com button. “Hey, Logan,” she said into the mic. “See if you can tweak that left stabilizer. The adjustment looks off on my end.”

As the message from Raze echoed through the ship, Seth sat up and looked out his small dormitory window. K'Nala, the newcomer was heading towards the ships boarding ramp looking strangely tedious.

"hmm, this should be interesting" He mutters to himself as he sets himself back down and continues shining his blaster. He quickly wipes it for the last time and puts it in his holster. "Might as well take a look" he says as begins walking down the corridor.

Seth continues down until he reaches the boarding ramp where stands and waits for the new arrival and the rest of the crew members. As the boarding ramp goes down he leans against the wall and a calm expression spreads across his face.

Shadow inspected the ship he would be calling home. He was impressed with its design and layout, along with many other things that Count Dooku had armed it with. Whenever he saw one of the crew, he acknowledged that they existed but didn't really talk to them. There would be another time for that.

He was curious as to what their mission was going to be, but he assumed that Dooku, or his apprentice, would brief them soon. He was inspecting the exterior of the ship when saw a woman wearing black walking to the ship and went to greet her. She was most likely the apprentice K'Nala. Shadow didn't care for Jedi or Sith. Same religion, just different sides. He'd killed a few before the war and quite a few on Geonosis.

"Hello. I'm Shadow Gravemind." Shadow said as he met up with her. She was shorter than he expected, but then he couldn't expect everyone to be seven feet tall.

Vanir got out of the cockpit and saw Dooku's Apprentice, K'Nala, being greeted by Shadow. He walked up to her and engaged in a conversation.

"Greetings, Milady. You must be Count Dooku's apprentice, K'Nala, if i'm not mistaken. Welcome to The Carnage." Vanir told K'Nala. He wasn't called "The Raven" for nothing. He made sure his friends were close, and his enemies, even closer.

"This is completely different from anything I've worked with. How are things with you?"

Raze's eyebrow twitched. She pushed the com button. "If you are enquiring about my well-being, Logan, then things are fine. And things would be even better if you told me you were ready for a cold-start with the engines."

Her finger let off the button. "The sooner we get in space, the better," she said quietly to herself.

She waited a moment more, then pushed the com button again. "Logan, are you ready?"

"I am K'Nala Eco." She stated looking at the two men, She was given full reports on the whole crew and knew who they were. "and we have no time for plesentries, I will retreat to my chambers on the ship and familiarise my self with them untill my master calls us for the breifing."

Jack was inspecting his turret when he noticed the Dark Jedi boarded the ship. "Great, that must be Dooku's puppet who will be coming along with the rest of us. "

He didn't bother climbing out of his turret. "The contract only stated I should carry out her orders, apart from that, I don't have to hold 'social talks' as long as I do what I'm told." he was thinking to himself and decided that he would not greet her at all. "Besides, she probably read the crew profiles before she got here."

"I'm ready." Richard replied after closeing the metal lid to the left stabilizer "Has Dooku's little watch dog arrived yet?" Richard has never liked Jedi or anyone who had the abbility to wield the force, he believed that the Jedi or Sith looked down on ordinary people like himself.

Trando Shan was inside the medical bay, unpacking his things. He wasn't sure if he would like any of his new crew mates and he had a feeling he would have to kill them. He would just have to wait and see. Doctor Death wasn't just a nickname for him. It was a title.

Raze grinned at the engineer's quip about Dooku's apprentice, and at that very moment, she decided that she and this Richard Logan would get along just fine.

She pushed the com button for engineering. "She's boarding now," she said into the mic. "So, we'd better get these engines started. No doubt she'll want to depart soon." She flicked another switch or two, then checked her displays again. "Preparing for cold start on my mark," she said into the com again. "Three. Two. One." She pushed a red button. "Mark."

The engines began to whine as they started up then leveled off into a low hum. Of a new design, they could stay in idle for hours without overheating, which made Raze's job of pre-flight that much easier.

Lights that were once dim now glowed brightly on the control panel in front of her as the ship came off battery power. "Checking life support systems..." she said to her engineer. "Can you adjust the air flow from where you are, Mr. Logan? The pressure gauge is reading a bit low."

Soon the others would be on the Carnage. Trando wasn't really looking foward to working with anybody, especially with a pawn of Darth Tyrannus. Oh well, this what his mission would be all about. If anyone turned on him, he would certainly use his instruments of evil to sort them out.

"I can but there's no point. The thing's at what it should be. We just to wait for it to warm up abit." Repled Richard, explaining the best way he could. He was never good at saying what he was doing. He waited a moment "How's the pressure gauge now?"

Shadow inwardly shrugged and followed her into the ship. He knew that she was there to watch them, but the watchers could also be watched. Shadow had a technique for killing Lightsaber weilders. Hose them down with more fire than they could deflect. That's where his Assault Rifle came in. It fired 15 rounds per second and they were projectiles also. Projectiles are too fast to deflect.

They were so caught up in the force, that they charged straight into enemy fire. Shadow had no gruge against Jedi. The ones he had met were good people, though if his job was to kill them, he would.

He headed straight to the carge bay to get his stuff and unpack.

The dormitories were empty when Jack was unpacking his bag and putting his equipment in his locker. "Let's see, the stealth field generator, blaster rifle, vibrodaggers, vibrokatana and my assassin gear. Looks like it's all there."

He dropped the empty bag next to his bed and looked around. The room was small but the the workbench, the locker and the bed would suffice.

"Can't wait to test out the new modifications."

Raze gave a sideways glance as Captain Dres sat down in the chair beside her.

"You're right, Mr. Logan," she said back to Richard through the comlink. "The pressure's slowly rising. Do any final checks that you need and report back to me."

The Trandoshan Medic came in just as she took her finger off the com button. While he talked to the captain, she checked the displays, and she pushed some more buttons, before finally addressing the inquisitive Trandoshan's question.

"We go wherever Count Dooku sends us," she said rather coldly. She looked at Vanir. "I'm running one last diagnostic on the scanners, Captain. After that's done, and everyone's boarded, we'll be ready to launch." She looked at him askance. "Has everyone boarded?" she asked him, raising a single brow that told him she was really asking how his encounter with K'Nala had gone.

Neither Raze or Vanir had answered Trando's question. This made him feel angry at them both. Trando would've killed them with certain drugs, but then Tyrannus would find out and Trando would be fired. Then where would he go? He couldn't go back to his homeworld.

"Well I'll be in the medical bay if anyone wants me." He told both Raze and Vanir.

He left the cockpit.

Shadow unpacked and and made himself at home. This included camaras to small to see in different places, an auto lock for when he wasn't in the room, and a projectile turret. Perfect.

He decided to head to the bridge and meet the captain. He got there in time to hear "-why do you hate her so much?"

"Hate who?" Shadow asked.

Archived