Home

Ever try a blaster wielding jedi?

Scars Unseen

I started thinking about this after turning Atton from a crack-shot blaster wielding scoundrel to a mediocre(at best) jedi with a lot of useless feats. Instead of going for the lightsabre, why not try something different and make a jedi guardian with focuses on ranged feats. You can take the force deflect powers so you can still repel the blaster fire and use the precise shot feats to keep other jedi from doing the same to you. Granted, you waste the whole force jump thing, but then I guess you could still do this with a sentinel, just with less focus on the feats.

Well, only rapidshot stacks with duel wield force speed, so be nice and abuse it to the fullest.

Sticky Nades are your friends, since almost everyone get stuck by them giving you all the time in the world to send down your rainy death. Actually it would work better if you do not go for guardian though. You would benefit more from things like stealth/sneak attack and more force powers.

You might still want a pair of saber in your backup weapon slot incase things get too close.

Try it with Mira, with 2 super upgraded Blasters, Force Master Speed and the feat that lets you attack twice.

Devastating...Those Sith Masters in Onderon die before they can reach Mira, as she causes about 150-200 damage per attack round at a great distance.

• 2 weeks later...

With the right upgrades, you can get blasters to far more base damage than lightsabers. I have a character I tried this with, and he uses a micro-pulse blaster and a mandalorian discintigrator (or something like that). Both are given workbench upgrades and they do something like 40-65 each. Throw in rapid shot and you've got a whole lotta hurt >=)

Could be good, I mean in Jedi Academy I much preferred to use a blaster sometimes. Sorta like a 'Jedi Sniper' kinda thing?

Could work with kotor I suppsoe...

Aye but in JA a blaster is pretty much useless against dark jedi...but I've tried it in KotOR and KotOR II and it's a lot of fun, especially in KII you can make blasters almost as powerful as lightsaber, and with master speed and dual wield it kicks major ass...

Aye but in JA a blaster is pretty much useless against dark jedi...but I've tried it in KotOR and KotOR II and it's a lot of fun, especially in KII you can make blasters almost as powerful as lightsaber, and with master speed and dual wield it kicks major ass...

IN Ja, every single weapon except the lightsaber is useless vs dark jedi...

They deflect every blaster energy bolt, push back all rockets, dodge snipers...

• 5 weeks later...

Dual upgraded Mandalorian heavy blasters for me.

Having mastered rapid shot with my Dex maxed out, I'm virtually unstoppable.

I do keep a sweetly upgraded saber though.

...you know, for close encounters and such.

Who cares about Jaden, JA sucks monkey gonads.

Dual upgraded Mandalorian heavy blasters for me.

Having mastered rapid shot with my Dex maxed out, I'm virtually unstoppable.

I do keep a sweetly upgraded saber though.

...you know, for close encounters and such.

Who cares about Jaden, JA sucks monkey gonads.

*gasp*

Blasphemy!!!

Archived