Home

The Sith Lord Special Edition

This is the Special Edition of my very first Fic, that actually had success. I'm not finishing Lone Free Mercenary for now, since I'm doing this. This will have a different storyline, different Characters and a different plot hopefully. However somethings will remain the same. Sorry if the first Chapter seems quite boring, etc, but I just want to get the Fic started. Enjoy (Click the Sig Pic to find the original).

Edit. No need to Review this mach. Thanks.

595684ac.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter I

Tragic Losses

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The battle on Korriban was over. The surviving Jedi students, Knights and Masters left Korriban in an injured state, but they were all thankful to have survived. As soon as every single Jedi had left, the Jedi Master, Kyle Katarn got into his ship, the Raven’s Claw. He set the ship’s autopilot to the moon, Yavin IV. In the whole journey, Kyle hung his head in his hands in disappointment. The reason the battle had happened was because of his fallen apprentice. Jaden Korr. He was a promising student who trained under him, while learning the ways of the Force. Not once had Kyle ever suspected him of falling to the dark side. Not once. His other apprentice, Rosh Penin, who had been killed by Jaden, had been much more arrogant, despite his lack of skills compared to Jaden. Arrogance was a way of the dark side. Everyone who was taught at the Jedi Academy knew this. There were many things that could lead anybody to the dark side. Kyle noticed that he was approaching Yavin IV, so he turned the ship’s autopilot off and prepared to land in the Jedi Academy hangar.

The grand Jedi Master of the Jedi Academy, Luke Skywalker was preparing to speak to the remaining students that had survived the battle. Only seven had survived. How could seven Jedi students be able to keep the Galaxy safe from the rising dark side? That question would be answered soon enough. Luke knew this.

“As you should all know, we have had two tragic losses,” Luke started, feeling upset, but he didn’t show it, “The two losses are student, Rosh Penin and the promising student, Jaden Korr…”

The large silver doors opposite of Luke interrupted his speech. A familiar acquaintance had returned. Everyone in the room turned to look.

“Kyle?” Luke asked, “But I thought…”

“I’m sorry for interrupting,” He told Luke, “But I need to stay here for a while. I don’t think I can do anything, until I have some time to think.”

“Whatever you want to do Kyle,” Luke told him, “But remember that you can’t stop too long. Now that Jaden has gone, none of us have any idea what could happen.”

“I agree,” Kyle told Luke, “I’ll let you continue your speech, but I would like to say several things afterwards.”

Luke nodded. He knew that Kyle felt strongly about his two apprentices.

“Jaden has fallen to the dark side, which both Kyle and I would never suspect,” Luke told everyone, “Rosh, had also fallen to the dark side, prior to these events, but he did it to survive. Because of this, Jaden felt betrayed by Rosh and as Kyle has already told me. The anger was too strong for him to control. I’ll leave the rest of the details to be told by Kyle.”

Kyle walked up to Luke’s stage and turned to face the remaining Jedi. He knew that they’re had been a lot more Jedi before this battle. To be honest, he didn’t think it was a battle. It had been more of a war. A short war.

“I feel responsible for Jaden’s fall, but…” Kyle started, “But I could have stopped him, if I had reached him in time to stop him from… falling.”

Kyle couldn’t say anymore. It was too upsetting to tell everyone.

“Thank you very much Kyle,” Luke told him, “It is time for everyone to return to their dorms and rest for the night. It is getting late.”

Everyone piled out of the Luke’s chambers, except for Kyle. He stared out the barred windows. Luke felt his pain.

“Do not blame yourself for Jaden’s fall Kyle,” Luke told him, “There was nothing you could do.”

Kyle sighed. He knew Luke was right, but sometimes it didn’t seem right. He knew that Jaden’s fall was his entire fault, despite what anyone else would say.

“I can’t talk about this right now,” Kyle told Luke, “I must rest.”

“I agree.” Luke told him.

Kyle walked out, but before leaving he had one last thing to say.

“Goodnight Luke.”

“Goodnight Kyle.”

When Kyle arrived at his room, he sat on the cold hard floor and prepared to meditate. He needed to think. What would he do now? Would he stay here on Yavin IV in and let the Galaxy run its course? Or would he seek to find Jaden? Kyle knew that Jaden needed to be found. He could only hope Jaden still had good in him. Hope. The only thing in life he had to cling to.

Luke was also meditating in his chambers, but he felt a familiar presence behind him.

“Ben?” Luke asked, without opening his eyes to see him.

Awaken!” Ben’s voice echoed around the room.

Luke slowly opened his eyes, seeing the ghostly form of Ben Kenobi, who had also been known as Obi-Wan Kenobi. Ben was the one who had taught him the ways of the Force years ago.

“You sense it too.” Luke told him sadly.

“Yes,” Ben told Luke, “Another has fallen.”

“Why Ben?” Luke asked, “Why Jaden?”

Ben stroked his beard, thinking.

“Even the most promising students fall to the dark side,” Ben told him, “Look at your father.”

“True,” Luke said, “But I can’t understand why Jaden has fallen.”

“Like your friend, Kyle Katarn has said, his friend, Rosh Penin had made him angry.” Ben told Luke.

“Yes,” Luke admitted, “But there must be more than that. I mean, my father had a lot of things that made him fall.”

“The size of a person’s consequences doesn’t matter,” Ben told Luke, “Any consequence can make a person fall to the dark side.”

Luke knew Ben was very advisable, but was he right? Could any consequence make a person fall?

“I need to reflect on this.” Luke told Ben.

“I don’t blame you Luke,” Ben told him, “A lot of consequences have happened today and you of all people need time, like Kyle does. But remember, I’ll always be here to give you advice.”

Ben disappeared, leaving Luke alone.

“Thanks Ben.” Luke whispered through the Force.

Stay tuned for Chapter II The Dark Lord

Not bad, but this first chapter mostly retells the events of the Jedi Academy game, still, that's understandable, it serves as a prologue to the main story.

Yeah, it was mainly for people who haven't played Academy. Anyway, I'm working on the next Chapter. It will feature Jaden, (Will be Malus once more), a new Sith Lord and a familiar face (Or should I say Droid from the KOTOR series. Can you guess who it is?). I'll try to get the next Chapter as soon as possible.

[qoute=Pottsie](Or should I say Droid from the KOTOR series. Can you guess who it is?)

I have a certain hunch about him, yes. :D

Oh, right, I almost forgot. I checked out that latin/english site you posted at my ''Name problems'' thread and I checked out the word malus. You should recheck it too, because you might want to rename him into Malum, or maybe something else entirely.

Oh, right, I almost forgot. I checked out that latin/english site you posted at my ''Name problems'' thread and I checked out the word malus. You should recheck it too, because you might want to rename him into Malum, or maybe something else entirely.

Why? Is it wrong? I've gotten attached to the name Malus, so I'll keep it, but I'll check into it later.

Chapter II

The Dark Lord

The dark side clouds everything. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate. Hate leads to suffering. The teachings of the dark side rumbled through Jaden Korr’s head, as he landed his X-Wing inside the Star Destroyer that orbited Korriban. A large legion of Stormtroopers was there to greet him. It was strange that none of them had tried shooting him down, like they usually did. Perhaps they knew about they’re future master.

“Young Jaden Korr I believe!” A voice announced over the hangar.

Jaden then noticed an old man in front of the Stormtrooper legion. He must have used stealth, so he couldn’t be seen, Jaden thought. He ignited his Lightsaber, causing an orange blade to appear. The tip of the Lightsaber almost touched the old man’s chin.

“Who are you?” Jaden asked angrily.

The old man seemed to remain calm, despite the fact he was being attacked. His hand gesture had convinced the Stormtrooper legion not to attack.

“My name is Lord Cronus,” He began coldly, “I’m the the Dark Lord of the Sith.”

“You’re wrong!” Jaden shouted, “I’m the Dark Lord of the Sith now!”

Cronus shook his finger wildly.

“No, no no, young Jedi…”

“I’m no longer a Jedi!” Jaden shouted back, “I’m no longer one of them! I’m here to claim my new reign as the Dark Lord of the Sith!”

Cronus started shaking his head.

“My dear boy, I’m the Dark Lord of the Sith,” He told Jaden, “I always have been. Ever since the Emperor fell at the hands of Skywalker, I’ve been training the Reborn Jedi to kill many Jedi students.

“Don’t bother lying to me!” Jaden shouted.

“I’m not lying my dear boy,” Cronus told Jaden, “I have always been here, somewhere in the Galaxy, until now. Now when I sensed a fallen Jedi Knight come to my Star Destroyer, the Echo, I knew this was my chance to train a future Dark Lord of the Sith.”

Jaden remained still for a moment. Would Cronus promise him power? He wasn’t truly evil, compared to Sith Lords in the past, but perhaps this man could be useful after all. He finally decided to put away his Lightsaber.

“Talk!” Jaden spat.

“I knew you would see my understanding,” Cronus stated, “Now please follow me.”

Mustafar was a lava Planet, that hadn’t been occupied by, since the Confederacy of Independent Systems had been sent there and the duel between the Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi and his fallen apprentice, Anakin Skywalker. Of course now, they’re nothing to search for on the Planet. Or was there?

Both Jaden and Cronus returned to Korriban. Cronus had led Jaden to a hidden tomb, underneath the sands there. A large tomb stood before them.

“I have a Trial for you,” Cronus told Jaden, “Of course, this is far from…”

“I don’t care about your preachings!” Jaden interrupted impatiently, “I must start now!”

Cronus smiled with a crooked smile and then he started laughing out loud.

“Impatience!” He bellowed, before his voice returned to normal, by finishing with, “I like that. You will be a great apprentice.”

Jaden was impatient to get started. He wanted to get revenge on Kyle, but he mainly wanted to get revenge on the Jedi and Luke himself.

“What do I have to do?” Jaden asked.

Cronus opened a large brown door. Jaden couldn’t see inside.

“The Trial will soon prove, if you’re a true Sith,” Cronus began, “Use your senses to find an exit out of this room and into another room. It will all become clear to you soon.”

Jaden nodded and walked in, but was stopped by Cronus.

“First, I need you’re Lightsaber,” Cronus told Jaden, “You won’t need it.”

Strange, Jaden thought, Of course I would need a Lightsaber. But Cronus knew best and if he could promise Jaden power, then he would do what he asked. Jaden walked into the darkness.

Lava. Lava everywhere. Rocky surface. Rocky surface everywhere. Volcanoes. Volcanoes everywhere. The Assassin Droid, known as HK-47 woke up for the first time in four thousand years. All he could see was a volcano Planet. Boring.

“Query: Where the hell am I?” HK asked out loud, “Perhaps there is some Meatbag who can help me here.”

HK tried to move, but his parts felt stiff, like they hadn’t been oiled for ages.

“Statement. This would be a perfect time for a meatbag to be present.” HK stated, hoping someone would answer.

It was time to find out which Planet HK was on.

Without the Force, nobody would be able to get out of this room alive, unless they had a source of light with them. Of course Jaden didn’t have any. He did, however, have the Force. He had been fighting at least two dark side dragons, which he didn’t know the name of, a while ago. He was finally glad when he had made it to the door. Inside was a huge library, containing Holocrons and Datapads from different generations.

“A library?” Jaden asked angrily, “What the hell do I do here?”

Of course, nobody would answer him, since this was a trial and he to find out why. He wished he had his Lightsaber, to get out of here, but he didn’t have it. He could sense something in the far right hand corner of the library. Jaden went to look and he saw a Datapad. He picked it up and read:

Assassin Droid, HK-47 once belonged to the Sith Lord, Darth Revan, four thousand years ago. Rumours are that he is still somewhere in the Galaxy, but deactivated. No one has dared to look for HK, but if someone were to find him, he would be able to protect his masters with excellent firepower.

Perhaps this was what Cronus wanted, Jaden thought. Cronus appeared in front of Jaden and was clapping.

“Very good my apprentice,” He told Jaden, “This was the datapad, I’ve been looking for, for a long time.”

“I’ve done your dirty work, now I plan to leave!” Jaden shouted.

“No!” Cronus bellowed, “Your life is now mine, but you shall no longer be known as Jaden Korr.”

“What will I be known as?” Jaden asked, “My master.”

“Kneel.” Cronus told Jaden.

Cronus grabbed Jaden’s Scepter and placed it on Jaden’s shoulder.

“Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth Malus.” He told Jaden.

“Thank you master,” The newly christened Malus spoke, “What would you have me do?”

“Go to the Mustafar system,” He told Malus, “There I’m sure you’ll find the Assassin Droid.”

“Yes Master.” Malus said, before leaving.

Stay tuned for Chapter III Assassins and Old Hermits

Hmmm. I wonder if HK will join him. (frankly I'd rather see a funny dialogue where HK tells him to get lost :lol: )

[GP mode] I noticed some spelling errors, you weren't kidding when you said you were tired. Get some rest and then take a look at the chapter again. You'll see what I mean, those are mostly errors like ''you're'' instead of ''your'' for example, nothing too serious. [/GP mode]

I don't think I shall continue with this. I'll PM Jae and ask her to close it. If I feel like it, I may ask Jae to reopen it again. I will now either do a Darkness Rising Special Edition or something completely different (In the words of Monty Python). Something completely different would be my bet. I don't think Special Editions are something I enjoy writing.

Archived