Home

[FIC]Star Wars: CSI Na Shadda

CSI

Hi, Fellas, this is my 1st fan fic. So, some clap is perfect. Thanks.

OK, back to business. This is NOT an epic or adventure fiction. This is indeed a DETECTIVE fiction. If you feel don't like it, please don't read along.

Eh...School is really dragging me back, so I'll try my best to write is as early as possible.

I want to thank to everybody, includes Pottsie, Jason Skywalker, stingerhs, and Master Jimmy.

Disclaimer: Includes, but not limited to, Star Wars, and its logo belongs to Lucas Arts Ltd. CSI and its logo belong to CBS Studios, Jerry Bruckheimer, and Atlantic Alliance. This fiction is not intended to be commercial use, just for fun.

This fiction is originated from CSI: Miami, Episode 109, "Kill Zone".

Special Thanks to Pottsie for offering this new song: "You Better You Bet".[Thanks to The Doctor for remind me for "Won't Be Fooled Again" is used in CSI: Miami.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CSI: Na Shaddaa

During the peacetime of Galactic Republic, many planets showed peacefulness. But of course, during the darkness, many illegal events was occurring…

Due to the more and more criminal activities occurred recently, the Galactic Republic Senate agrees to set up a special Crime Investigation group, Crime Scene Investigation, short for CSI. Lead by Jedi Masters Nihilus and Revan, this small but elite investigator groups are dispatched into Na Shaddaa. Their destiny is unknown…

Prologue:

Night on Na Shaddaa is always beautiful. Stars, super nova’s, and busy traffic lights decorated the surface of Na Shaddaa. On the high ground, fences were built to separate the street and air. A lot of people were walking on the streets, some were talking about their business, some were drinking in the Na Shaddaa Cantina, and some were just leaning on the fence, enjoying the marvelous scenes. Not far from the street level, in a dark room, two smugglers were talking about their dirty plans. Suddenly, two yellowish blaster shots broke the window. The blasters penetrated through the smuggler’s hulls and sent them to be one with the Force. On the street level, some of the bystanders saw the two blasters penetrated the window and shouted: “Look, blasters! Get Down!” People panicked because the glass shards was raining down.

Not long, the CSI leader, Revan, appeared on the crime scene: he was wearing a Jedi Robe, frowning. In his front, another leader, and a Jedi Weapon Master, Nihilus, crouched down to examine the corpses. “Homicide,” after a brief examination, he stood up and gave an obvious answer.

“Another homicide?” Revan asked.

“Look, there is one shot on the left eye, on this corpse.” Revan pointed on the corpse on the left side.

“Yes, and that corpse has right eye impaired.”

“Boom, boom.” Revan pointed to his eyes, and continued, “Left eye, right eye, made a kill zone.”

"Why, clean, and deadly."

"Hi, guys. Just interviewed some people, and nobody saw the shooter. But they say they saw two blasters shot through the window." the detective, Atton Rand, came.

"Two shots? From nowhere? Sounds rediculous." Nihilus frowned.

But Revan just is emotionless.

"Now I will go to interview more people." Atton went away.

"Keep us posted," Revan called behind him.

“You bet.” Atton called back.

“Who can do this, in this such busy street, and in such far away?” Revan thought aloud.

“Maybe a sniper?” Nihilus asked.

Umm, I doubt they would have Jedi as CSI's, let alone Revan and the Exile. But aside from that, it looks interesting. What song by The Who would you play at the opening?

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand you of "What song by The Who would you play at the openning?"

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand you of "What song by The Who would you play at the openning?"

You know, the band, The Who (They play on all CSI)? My second favourite band after The Beatles.

Going On-Topic, spelling error: Na Shadda - Nar Shaddaa. Also, I think you should give the Exile a name. People will get bored with Exile said, whatever. I'll keep my eye on this though. Oh yeah, thanks for mentioning me on your first Post, even though I didn't really do anything much. School does the same for me too.

You know, the band, The Who (They play on all CSI)? My second favourite band after The Beatles.

Going On-Topic, spelling error: Na Shadda - Nar Shaddaa. Also, I think you should give the Exile a name. People will get bored with Exile said, whatever. I'll keep my eye on this though. Oh yeah, thanks for mentioning me on your first Post, even though I didn't really do anything much. School does the same for me too.

Thanks for your kind advice.

Now I changed the name into Nihilus. Is it ok? I just assumed he got redeemed. Ironic.

[Off topic: @ Pottsie: That's okay, I accept your advice. Thank you for reading this anyway...]

Chapter 1

“Nobody saw the shots coming from any direction.” Detective Atton told Revan in yellow stripes marked “Crime Scene Do Not Cross”.

“OK, Shoes. Lost shoes indicates people are running, got any ID yet?” Revan thought deliberately, and noted there is a red shoes near the corpses.

“Yes, this Twi’Lek, named Darth Talon…” said Mical, who is taking photos.

“What, a Sith Lord? Holy—” Nihilus nearly exploded.

“There is no emotion…” Revan whispered.

“There is peace.” Nihilus sighed, “Sorry for my attitude. I’m a former Sith Lord, ya know.”

“Forgiven. Mical, what’s next?”

“Well, you don’t need to show like that. Really. Actually, he’s NOT a Sith Lord. He’s just a Bounty Hunter. But…”. Mical looked up and blinked at Nihilus.

“But why does they look like smugglers?” Nihilus already knew what he’s going to say.

“Bingo. And she looks young. About 20 years old.” Mical said.

Nihilus pretended to ignore him.

“Well, let’s back to the topic. What about the other vic?” Revan asked, with his trademark emotionless face.

“This is,” Atton took out his notepad and took a quick glance at it, “Ahem, this is Calo Nord, human male, approximately 40 years old.”

Another CSI, Bastila Shan, just finished processing “the fake Sith Lord”, Darth Talon, and shifting to Calo.

“Well, you mentioned that they were bounty hunters? They work together?” She asked when Atton finished.

“No. They have no direct connection so far. The only connection is they appeared at wrong place and wrong time.” Atton joked.

But no one seems to understand his joke.

“Never mind.” Atton gave up.

“Now we need some surveillance tape around here. Maybe they will give us some clue,” Nihilus told Atton.

“You got it.” Atton hurried to find them.

“Bastila, how many holes did you find on the body?” Revan asked.

“Four holds on the body. Two in, and two out. But for what weapon, I don’t know. You have to ask Nihilus. He’s the professional at weapons.” Bastila passed the ball to me.

Nihilus bent down, and studied the wounds carefully. “Strange,” Finally he stood up.

“What? What’s wrong?” Bastila asked.

“Interesting. This wounds only can be a Verpine Droid Disrupter. Although it’s not for life beings, but a well-placed headshot can terminate your life. Oh, and it has upgraded scope mark and chamber mark. Scope mark had ridiculously increased the range, and chamber mark had changed its energy beam more lethal. All I can say it’s modified and banned from many planets.” Nihilus said without thinking.

“All right. Good job, Nihilus and Mical.” Revan said, “And Brianna?”

Brianna, expert on anatomy, turned to Revan.

“Found anything?” Revan asked.

Brianna shook her head: “Not yet. Sorry.”

“OK. We need to find the bullets, so we can estimate the shooter.” Revan hinted.

“On it.” Brianna said.

“Oh, after that, we can bring everything back to the lab.” Revan said.

[Query: Stay Tuned for next chapter.]

[Nihilus: I know, I know! Can't you see I'm busy?]

[statement: Emotion is...]

[Nihilus: Don't do that, HK! Don't! If you do, I'll...]

[Query: You're a tough master. I like you.]

Mixing CSI and SW is rather fun.

A technical point--disruptors don't fire bullets, so there'd be no bullets to search for.

I had a little trouble getting caught by some of the grammar. Consider reading it out loud when you finish writing it. I read my chapters out loud to my son, and I catch a number of mistakes that I don't catch by reading alone. I don't know if it's because I have to slow down my reading speed or if hearing it instead of seeing it makes it process differently, but it works.

Atton's character is fun, too. He had some of the wittiest comments in the game, and it's always fun to see how other people write about him.

@john--no worries about the double posting. All you have to do is edit the first one. If you look below your sig you'll see a line that says 'you may: edit this, quote....'. Click the 'edit this' and you'll be able to add whatever you want to that post. Also, posting a comment in a separate post either before or after a chapter post is fine here--that's not considered double posting when you're writing a fic. That applies only in the fanfic sections, however. Thanks for trying to keep your thread tidy. :)

@everyone--if you see someone breaking Forum rules either accidentally or intentionally, please PM me, other moderators, or use the 'report post' feature--it's that little yellow dot below your avatar right next to the red/green dot that lets you know if someone's online here.

I know you all are trying to be helpful and keep people out of trouble, but the report post feature or a PM gives the moderators a heads up to check out the post right away instead of finding it when we normally read through the threads. Posting in a thread that 'this is spam' or 'this thread should be moved/locked/deleted' and such is actually spam itself. I'll be deleting those kinds of posts/comments from now on.

We also don't want to overwhelm new people with 80 zillion of us telling him or her 'This is spam!!' in a thread. It makes us look like we're rules vultures looking for someone to screw up, and we're not. If you PM us moderators or report the post, we can handle it quietly behind the scenes to keep the threads on topic. Let us moderators do our job, and you all concentrate on having fun writing stories and commenting on fics. Thank you!!

[Off topic: Thanks for reading my novel and posting advises. I sure will improve them but after I finish. This is just 1st draft, I know some mistake is inevitable, but I just don't want my inspiration breaks up. I will improve the paragraph when I finish. Besides, I didn't put HK in the story, and I just want to tell you stay tuned.]

Chapter 2

“OK, ‘fake sith lord’, let’s see what you can tell us.” In the lab autopsy room, Brianna was holding a autopsy stick to estimate ballistic position. Then she inserted the stick into the hole on Darth Talon’s head, and reported aloud: “Angle is downward, into the glabellas (the part of the human forehead that lies just above the nose and between the eyebrows.), perforated the brain, then exited through the occipital bone.”

Nihilus is standing in the computer room in the autopsy room. He sighed and shook his head. A sniper is hard to encounter. Silent, and deadly. Not even his mask can block the blaster for him. “Nasty shooter,” he murmured.

Brianna turned Darth’s head so Nihilus can see the stick clearly. It penetrated through forehead and exited from the back of neck. Then Nihilus punched some bottons on the keyboard, the computer beeped once, and screen appeared a protractor, and automatically calculated the angle: “20.5 Degrees”.

“Hmm…20.5 Degrees.” Nihilus stand for a while, and asked Brianna deliberately, “What about other vic, Calo?”

“Calo Nord, 20.8 Degrees, downward.” Brianna’s voice passes through speakers on the wall.

“Hard to get that shot on the ground level, right?”

“Yes, unless the shooter’s ten feet tall.”

“Or they’re in the tenth-story window.” Revan said quietly in Nihilus’s back, made him almost jump.

“H***, Revan, you nearly scared my pants off!” Nihilus complained.

“Well, not funny at all, huh?” Revan chuckled.

Nihilus ignored him.

Brianna continued to observe: “The blaster penetrated the brain, shut down her Central Nervous System, and…”

“Immediately fatal.” Revan and Nihilus said together.

“Never felt a thing. Peaceful, next best thing is to going in your sleep.” Brianna rose her head, noticed Nihilus and Revan vanished. She frowned first, then smiled.

Back in his office, Revan massaged his head. The recent murder had made him feel bad. 3 people. And the sniper is still at large. Suddenly, his holocon receiver rang inappropriately.

@john--no worries about the double posting. All you have to do is edit the first one. If you look below your sig you'll see a line that says 'you may: edit this, quote....'. Click the 'edit this' and you'll be able to add whatever you want to that post. Also, posting a comment in a separate post either before or after a chapter post is fine here--that's not considered double posting when you're writing a fic. That applies only in the fanfic sections, however. Thanks for trying to keep your thread tidy. :)

I read you, Admiral Onasi. (Sorry, too much KOTOR 2 to me). Sure, I will improve my story when I finish. However, thanks.

By the way, I'm not native English speaker, so if you don't mind, can you correct the grammar mistake for me? Thanks again.

That's sort of like me doing my kids' homework for them. :) I'm not going to point out the little things. I tend to look for the broader themes, either good or bad, to comment on.

The best way for you to learn is if you fix them--that's what I had to do when learning French, and if someone had corrected them for me, I wouldn't have learned from those mistakes. And to be honest, I don't have the time to fix the mistakes in fics (except my own)--I work and have a family to raise so my time is at a premium. Lastly, it's your fic--if I do it for you, it no longer reflects you entirely. Writing here will help your English studies in school and those studies will help here. Thanks, Jae

Good Chapter john. The Chapter has improved, but it still needs improving, like Jae said.

Thanks very much. Sure...After I finish.

the grammar hits me occasionally, and HK's Statement/Query stuff have gotten a bit mixed up, but the concept is good. unfortunately, i may not be able to read very often, but ill post my opinions when i do.

Don't read much is better than don't read at all. Thank you.

Announcement: Expected Delay in CSI: Na Shaddaa due to techinical reason: Out of time because of overwhelming designing work, KOTOR 2 and school work. But I'll try my best to put on new chapter as soon as possible.

PS: Thanks RedHawke for modifying my post and watch my back.

I can understand. I can't write Fics as much anymore now, since I have school to consider. *Damn school*

[Off topic: I agree with you. But I got a really good time in night, so I continued with Chapter 3.]

That's sort of like me doing my kids' homework for them. I'm not going to point out the little things. I tend to look for the broader themes, either good or bad, to comment on.

The best way for you to learn is if you fix them--that's what I had to do when learning French, and if someone had corrected them for me, I wouldn't have learned from those mistakes. And to be honest, I don't have the time to fix the mistakes in fics (except my own)--I work and have a family to raise so my time is at a premium. Lastly, it's your fic--if I do it for you, it no longer reflects you entirely. Writing here will help your English studies in school and those studies will help here. Thanks, Jae

[Off Topic again: Yeah...yeah...good advice...Never know you got a work and got a family to raise because I just thought you are like me, a college student. (No hard feeling, please.)]

Chapter 3

Back in the lab, Mical was looking at his self-illumination desk. The huge desk was full of photos of victims and their belongings.

He picked up a picture of Darth Talon, the young Twi’lek, and put it on an empty space. Then he put down a evidence bag with some credits inside and clearly labeled, “Darth Talon” aside her picture. He noticed a holocon is in the left side of Darth Talon’s picture. Beautiful girl, he thought, but died early. He felt sorry about her..

Mical rose, signed, and strengthened himself up. With a yawn, his “Gear Head” began to work more efficiently. Turning around, his sight swept through picture of victims in various angles. Then he retreated his eyesight back on the desk, and began to rearrange evidences into proper spots. Suddenly, the holocon rang. He looked at the holocon, as he saw something strange. After starring at it a little while, he shook his head, trying to drive away all mess thoughts, and began concentrating on his current work.

At the crime scene, Bastila was setting up simulation dummies for direction and position of that assassin. They sure look like real-life people, even Nihilus joked that if he were the sniper, he sure will use them as a perfect target. Atton was also helping Bastila setting up dummies—by inserting Laser Tracing Beam into the hole on the dummies’ heads. The stick strictly obey the real-life ballistic trajectory.

“Look like an one-horned Devaronian, isn’t it?” Atton joked.

“Well, look like a one-horned Chagrian.” Bastila didn’t buy his joke.

“Oh, yeah. You got sharp eyes. No wonder why you are a CSI and I am not,” Atton admitted.

Bastila only winked.

“All right, good. These lasers should get us up close where the shooter is,” Nihilus appeared from nowhere and observed, “You ready, Bastila?”

“As always.” Bastila replied.

Atton flashed his thumbs to indicate he was ready, too.

“Good. Let her rip.” Nihilus looked around, and raised his binoculars.

With two short beeps, Bastila and Atton turned on lasers.

Through his binocular, Bastila could locate the three dots shinning dots…near

the top of a far-away building. In the binocular, the distance is showed as 528.18m from current position to the building.

“577.62 yards,” handing binoculars to Nihilus, Bastila reported.

“That’s approximately same distance as Interdictor-class Cruiser,” Nihilus took the binocular, observed.

“What the hell is Interdictor-Class Cruiser?” Atton asked.

“Did you know Darth Malak?” Bastila asked.

“Oh, that baddie-baddie with a Prosthetic Jaw?” Atton remembered.

“His ship, Leviathan, is a Interdictor-Class Cruiser.” Bastila explained. She really didn’t want to explain it so she just briefed him.

“One shot, one kill,” Nihilus raised the binoculars again, and said deliberately, “This guy’s either military trained or a Sith assassin.”

“He’s in Mandalorian Army, probably. They have the best snipers out there.” Bastila said.

“So, that is his nest up there. Let’s go find out if he left us anything. You coming?”

“Then I suggest we move on.” Bastila used her “trade-mark” phrase.

Atton just shrugged.

Or maybe "Won't Get Fooled Again". Anyway another good Chapter and I'm still trying to get used to the Exile being called Nihilus. Maybe I should start called my KOTOR PC Malak?

Thanks. Well, I'll read your chapter for sure if you write a novel "Dance, Dance, Malak!" [LOL, just for fun]. Oh, by the way, because I holds this belief: "Once a Jedi, Always a Jedi!" therefore I wonder what would happen if, and only if Darth Nihilus are redeemed?

However, "Won't Get Fooled Again" is a good idea. I'll accredit you.

i just read your latest chapter and its fine. there still are the occasionnal grammar wacks, but the main thing was the Republic Commandos. they werent introduced until the beginning of the Clone Wars and that will not be for another 4000+ years from the time line of this fic. and the Nebula class star destryoer was used only in the New Republic and NJO era which is after the battle of yavin. you might want to correct these.

i just read your latest chapter and its fine. there still are the occasionnal grammar wacks, but the main thing was the Republic Commandos. they werent introduced until the beginning of the Clone Wars and that will not be for another 4000+ years from the time line of this fic. and the Nebula class star destryoer was used only in the New Republic and NJO era which is after the battle of yavin. you might want to correct these.

Yeah...I will consider these...

A little research will do these...Thanks anyway

Chapter 4

On the roof of the Convention Center, Nihilus took out his Holocron transmitter and pressed a button. With a small hum, Revan’s holocon appeared.

“Revan, we are on the top of Convention Center. According to our laser pointers, the sniper was nested here.” Nihilus reported.

“Good job, you guys. I will be there for a few minutes.” Revan said cheerfully.

“OK. A party is about to begin.” Nihilus hung up, and smiled to Bastila and Atton.

Atton said: “I have a bad feeling about this.”

Nihilus agreed: “OK, then. We have to be more careful.”

Just then, Revan’s speeder whooshed down from sky, and parked nearby.

“Well, I think you made a record. You made fifteen minutes earlier.” Atton joked.

Now it was Nihilus’s turn to smile.

“Good. Now, where are we?” Revan asked.

“The sniper taped that door shut. Clearly, he didn’t want the blaster shots echoing in the stairwell.” Bastila observed.

“Correction, disruptor. He would have had to disassemble the disruptor and hide it in something to get it up here.” Nihilus corrected.

“Excuse me, sir, why don’t he just use a speeder and land it on that platform?” Atton scratched his head, and pointed to the platform on the rooftop where Revan landed his speeder on.

“I think the sniper didn’t want to get too much attention,” Revan pointed out, “So he chose the old-fashioned way: climbs on stairs.”

“Yeah, and according to the blue print of this building, the only roof access is that stairwell. The turbolifts don’t have roof access.” Atton got his point, nodded.

Walking on the rooftop, Bastila said to Revan: “As a routine maintenance mechanic to get up the Convention Center is not a difficult thing to do for a sniper, especially a military trained.”

“Then he got up here, wheeled his guns and his ammo onto this rooftop and killed 2 mercenaries.” Revan didn’t miss a beat.

“Well, this sure can recall that Coruscant Tower.” Nihilus said.

Everybody went silent; they could not forget that sniper had gunned down 14 people on the observation deck in the Tower of Coruscant. It’s not very tall, as to the skyscrapers in the Coruscant, but it’s a good spot to gun down people because people are clearly visible on the ground.

“Well, this sniper moved to the high ground as well, didn’t he?” Revan asked.

“Yeah.” Atton took a peek.

“All right, if I was a sniper, what’s the first thing I would do?” Revan asked knowingly.

“You’d pick your spot. Prone position is best for shooting.” Nihilus didn’t even blink once.

“Right, but the problem is, this wall obscures my view of the target.” Revan said. (He pretended to be numb. He liked this.)

“Yeah, maybe he’s kneeling?” Bastila thought aloud.

“Or maybe I went higher. Take a look at this.” Nihilus was standing on the top of air-conditioner control room, which is a lot higher than the wall, and enough space to let a sniper to prone on.

“So what do you get when a six-foot-tall man lays down with a three-foot-long disruptor?” Revan asked “prematurely”.

“Revan, Verpine Droid Distuptor is not that long. It depends on how people modify it. Usually, about 1 to 2 feet.” Crouched down at the top of air-conditioner room, Nihilus corrected Revan.

“Thanks.” Revan turned away too see the people walking below.

“Hot flashes, but that’s just me.” Nihilus thought for a while, and said.

Suddenly, Bastila pointed at a dark spot on the edge of rooftop. “What’s that?” She announced. That dark spot like the rock is burned.

“GSR cone.” Nihilus took a careful look and answered Bastila’s question, “Normally, blasters doesn’t have laser residue, but for disruptors, this is a different case. When a laser is fired, due to its chemical reaction within the gun, extremely hot temperature and extremely high electric pressure can burn off a rock,” He pointed at that dark spot, continued, “like this.”

“I take it you guys found the sniper’s location?” Atton appeared on our back.

“Yes, you are right.” Nihilus turned to face Atton, smiled—again. Then he came back to his “class” to his peers, “This is rough location and pose for the sniper, I think.” Then he lied prone and took out his lightsaber as simulation of sniper, “roughly like this.”

“Cool pose, Nihilus.” Bastila observed.

“Thanks.” Nihilus got up, thanked her.

Revan noticed one thing and used forceps to pick up a small thread: “I have got burlap with gravel glued on.” Everybody moved closer to take a careful look at it.

“Better than camouflage—you know what it is?” Bastila observed.

“That’s from a homemade urban camouflage suit.” Nihilus said.

“Why don’t he use the old-fashioned thing, the stealth field generator?” Atton took out another question.

“Good question.” Revan frowned, “But that generators are banned from the planet of Na Shaddaa, therefore no military is using it.”

“Which means, our man doesn’t know how to use stealth field generator? Ridiculous.” Atton signed.

Through the Force, everybody could see a sniper is lying prone on the rooftop, wearing camouflage suit, and preparing to gun down innocence.

“Take a look at this.” Atton noticed some powder on the roof. “This is not a gun powder.” He picked up some, noticed their color—golden-yellow.

“Sand.” Bastila smiled. A nice chance to beat Nihilus out there.

“Sand, on a roof?” Revan asked them.

“Yeah, it’s from a sand sock.” Nihilus observed. Ignoring the invisible challenge from Bastila, he continued, “Yeah. You hold it in your hand or you put it on the ground, right underneath the muzzle, and one squeeze is enough to raise the barrel right to the sweet spot on the target. So, during the inevitable squeezing, the sand will come out from a hole that is big enough to let it flow.”

Revan shook his head, “This guy is scary.”

Nihilus didn’t reply. He fell down into pit of thoughts.

Seriously, I think this is the longest chapter here. Stay tuned for Chapter 5. Thanks.[/Quote]

Chapter 5

When Mical entered the room with full of victim photos and evidences, he found his friend, a CSI tech specialist, Bao-Dur, is making a transmit.

“Look, Lumiya, it’s not my case, okay? If you want Dad to stay home or call in sick from work, you should call him yourself. You know he’s not going to listen, okay? I got to go.” After a brief pause, he continued, “I have to go, I’ll call you later, okay? Bye.”

Mical looked up and asked kindly: “What’s up? You talking to your sister?”

“Yeah, our dad works in the dock and she worries about everything.”

Mical nodded in understanding.

“So what’s going on with the sniper case?” Bao-Dur showed concern.

“Well, Nihilus, Revan and Bastila found his nest and I’m on victimology.”

“Find any connection?”

“Nothing obvious.”

“That’s good time to look for the un-obvious.” Then he scoffed.

“I’m aware of that.” Mical replied, “Revan says that to me all the time.”

Bao-Dur chuckled and made a twirl beside his head: “You know, it’s great minds…”

“You are unbelievable.” Mical joked.

“I am. See ya later.” Bao-Dur patted his buddy’s back.

Out of the office, Bao-Dur saw Bastila walking and reading her case file. With some brief greeting, they set off.

In the lab, Revan is using forceps to pick up some unknown chemical when Bastila pushed open the door and announced: “The adhesive residue on the rooftop door was electrical tape.”

“And we got through the night without another shooting.” Revan gave her some comfort.

“My mom wants me to come home to Dantooine, but I told her even the Hutts couldn’t make me.”

“Mm, people are starting to get nervous, which is the way he wants it.” Revan moved away and let Bastila took a look into the microscope, “Take a look at this and tell me what you think it is.”

“Some type of vegetation.” Bastila adjusted the focus.

“We found three of them on the roof, in terms of the camouflage suit, we were right. Made the entire thing out of this,” Revan picked up the fibers found on the roof again, “the burlap we found up here. Must’ve taken him weeks.”

“Snipers are patient.” Nihilus pushed open the door and walked in. With the mask on his face, nobody can see his expression. But judging from his voice, they know this time he’s serious. He continued: “They can lay in wait for days waiting for the target(s). If conditions aren’t right, they won’t take the shot.”

“You know a lot about snipers. You were a sniper before?” Bastila asked what Revan is going to ask.

“I have a friend, he was in the TSF, Special Op, and with 38 kills one day. He created a record which haven’t been broken yet. He’s now retired, but he’s opening a shoot range about 1 hour away.” Nihilus looked into sky, trying to recall his friend’s info.

Archived