Home

Nintendo Prez on the Future of Gaming

Lynk Former

Reggie Fils-Aime discusses Wii with some guy from ABC news... this is the way a speech is meant to be. Not one of those ones made by a Sony rep saying something really strange like PSP selling more units than the DS XD lol

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2450571

Say what you want about Nintendo, say what you want about Wii... but Reggie rocks XD

Nice post, Lynk. A very good interview by Mr. Fils-Aime. He has excellent camera presence.

So he wants Nintendo to be the market leader in gaming consoles, does he? No lack of ambition there so I think it's fairly apparent why he was named president of Nintendo America. But I think Nintendo's "gaming for the masses" drive is a good way to go. Whether or not it will yield much in the way of results though is difficult to predict.

Say what you want about Nintendo, say what you want about Wii... but Reggie rocks XD
So this means I have free license to bash Nintendo in this thread and you wouldn't respond? ;P

Wow. Great in-depth interview. I like the way the Wii is going. The price isn't too high. I like the idea that they don't add DVD player since I have about 3 in my house. And I also like the decision on not having HD for it. Since, many of use don't have it. (Including me)

Though, I don't intend on getting the Wii on Nov. 19 (even if it is a day after my b-day XD), but, hopefully soon after, since I want to get a new TV for my room first.

Too bad I didn't live in New York. I'd be camping out for sure. XP XD

So this means I have free license to bash Nintendo in this thread and you wouldn't respond? ;P

You can try, but it works better if the bashing has some really good reasoning behind it. For instance, I HATE the price of Wii in Australia, it's 400AUD DAMMIT! *kicks something*

except the controller is going to suck. the reason they advanced from rectangular ones to the "jaw" design is beacue they hurt to hold... quite dumb, tbh.

Except the Wiimote isn't rectangular with sharp edges... It has a flat surface but a rounded bottom, it's like a triangle, kind of like the triangle the inside of your hand makes when it's in a loose fist. Your thumb rests on the top flat area comfortably and your hand wraps around the rounded part like any normal controller with your thumb resting on A and index finger on B.

The Nunchaku is shaped differently but follows the same principles.

For instance, I HATE the price of Wii in Australia, it's 400AUD DAMMIT! *kicks something*

I hear you, its definitely annoying, and buying a second controller and zelda is gonna cost me $500+ easy, but hey, its not like its gonna deter me from buyin.

I think with PS3 being delayed in europe/aust., the price for the wii in those markets is considerably higher. Thus its more than likely that when the ps3 does hit those markets in March the wii price will drop.

Archived