Home

New Lightsaber crystal

Darth Cain

Is Kyber the same as Kaiburr?

Nope. The later is a crystal you find in KotOR II, although it's not very accurate. That crystal stayed on one world for millenia until Luke discovered it between ANH and ESB.

The former is something that was cut very early on from Star Wars, and has been reinvented by SuperShadow as some sort of artifact. I don't remember the exact details of it, nor do I want to. Everything on that site is as non-canonical as you can get.

Kaibur...i've read about that...

it was something about Luke finding that crystal and using it to boost his powers. Wookiepedia!

*searches*

The Kaiburr crystal was a powerful glowing Force relic located on the planet Mimban. Local legend said that the god Pomojema used the crystal to heal the wounded, but in reality it was the Force that was responsible. The crimson-colored gem had the ability to enhance Force powers a thousandfold.

Okay...it excists...

The second and third drafts of the script for A New Hope involved "the Kiber Crystal," a small diamond that could amplify the power of the Force. In Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays, George Lucas explained why this concept was ultimately dropped from the film: "I felt the Kiber Crystal was a way of articulating what was going on, but I decided that I didn't need it. It was better to make the Force more ethereal than to have it solidified in a thing like the crystal." This concept later made its way into Splinter of the Mind's Eye as the Kaiburr crystal.

Proven! :smash:

Appearances:

# Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

# Splinter of the Mind's Eye (First appearance)

# Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers (Mentioned only)

*plays Kotor 2*

Im not sure if it has anything to do with darkside/lightside but I was playing darkside a while ago cause I wanted to find dirt secrets from Mando, HK, GOTO, and never really did darkside activities. I got the Kaiburr 2 times, I forget now as the game is downstairs and its like 1:30 am but I think the game says its the most powerful crystal to put in a saber, even though I dont believe it and I dont use it lol.

Back to the point of lightside/darkside, I never got it when I played lightside or grey, just now when im playing really naughty darkside.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived