Home

Would the Rebels have used clones in the Galactic Civil War?

clonetrooper09

To start with the Rebellion wasn't exactly well-funded. I think it would cost a ton to order a number of cloned soldiers. Secondly, an operation on such a large scale could not not have remained covert for long. Either Palpatines Jedi Power's would have sensed it out, or he would have checked it anyways. Plus, I don't think the original genetic formula of Jango lasted after his death, and Jango wouldn't be a very willing donor.

The rebels knew their history. They knew the troubles these clones could cause with the slightest of problems. Besides, they needed strong-willed and dedicated soldiers, not some machine-like clones.

A very interesting topic, though. I wonder if someone will decide to launch a fanfic on this. :xp:

And if you love the clone-rebel idea, I recommend you read my Jaden Korr fanfic. Its kooky, its weird and its got freaking clones battling a new and improved empire, among many other assorted oddities. :D

To start with the Rebellion wasn't exactly well-funded. I think it would cost a ton to order a number of cloned soldiers.
It was even expensive for the Empire, which is why they turned to recruits in later years.

Plus, clones age twice as fast as regular people...

Growing them would take long enough, let alone paying for or stealing cloning cylinders. And given how the Alliance was fighting the Empire guerilla-style and always on the move, young clones would have been too tedious to transport. Recruiting already-grown troops was quicker, and they had far less defections.

Order 66 showed how manipulated clones are in the wrong hands. what if Palpy set an impersonator of the Rebel High Command and made the Clones turn on the Rebels? i don't think the Alliance would want to re-live the tragedies of the Rise of the Empire.

Order 66 showed how manipulated clones are in the wrong hands. what if Palpy set an impersonator of the Rebel High Command and made the Clones turn on the Rebels? i don't think the Alliance would want to re-live the tragedies of the Rise of the Empire.

Well, I don't think things can work that way though, or the Rebels would have at least tried to pull an infiltration stunt and control some stormies.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they would've had it been feasible for them to do so. They could've potentially done it if they could convince some Kaminioan Cloners to join them. They could set up a cloning facility on an isolated world like Hoth or Dagobah. Using careful shipment procedures, they could have avoided detection.

Archived