Home

WotOR

T7nowhere

Hey, no problem T7, I'm just glad to have ensured the mod was as good as intended.

I'd still like to know the answer to my query though, if possible.

Finally, can you describe how this mod would affect the Revan's Mask+ ver 2.0? I don't mind spoilers, so please let me know what will happen in-game if I install WOTOR over the RM+ (I suppose that should be the order in which to do this).

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ I did have plans to add a few enhancments to Revan's Mask+ with this mod but I did not have time to impliment them. Included in this mod is revan02.uti this is a lightside version of Revans mask that I made. Currently there is no way other than cheating to accuire the mask, but its there.

Here is the icon for the mask http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/p24073208.html

Let me ask this: While I do have the Mac version of the game, would I be able to take the disk folder files on my Mac and transfer them to my PC laptop, mod the .2da files there, and THEN return them to my Mac? As you can see, I'm very new to all of this.

Well I don't know anything about Macs, But I suppose if you can get Override folder onto a pc , you will be able to use the patcher without any worry.

You will need to create a SWKotOR folder and place your override and dialog.tlk file in that folder in order for the patcher to function without errors. After the patching is complete and you found no errors, then you can take your override folder back over to your mac and delete the SWKotOR folder along with the dialog.tlk.

Whoa! thanks for catching those lactose_, I was certain that I had updated the files in the tslpatcher data folder after I fixed them. :( I sent my version of the mod to Shem to be reuploaded so if you haven't downloaded it yet please wait for the version 1.01.

For those that have already installed the mod you can download and copy these files over the original ones from my mod. Minor patch

You can edit that utc with KotoR Tool I would suggest editing my version of the file and add the robe to the body equip slot.

As for the robe crashing the game it's probably from the robe uti pointing to the wrong appearance.2da line, this is not the fault of my mod. Appearance.2da or the robes are not edited and the different uti dan14_juhani.utc would not cause the robes to crash when equiped on her. I have tested svösh's Juhani Sanctuary robes when I was playtesting and everything was smooth, she wore them the entire game.

Edit: regardless of which version you have 1.0 or 1.1 you should download and use the files that I posted above. simply extract and overwrite the files in Override.

Fixed it, thanks for the point in the right direction T7!

I'd like to report what I think might be a bug, or it just might be my computer running slow.

On the Endar Spire, there was a slight delay between the moment Darth Bandon appears and when he brandished his new lightsaber, causing him to look hostile with his bare hands, and didn't brandish his lightsaber until moments before the scene switched away from him. Only a minor problem, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.

On the Endar Spire, there was a slight delay between the moment Darth Bandon appears and when he brandished his new lightsaber, causing him to look hostile with his bare hands, and didn't brandish his lightsaber until moments before the scene switched away from him. Only a minor problem, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.
That's interesting because when I beta tested it, it worked normally and I tested that scene at least five times.

Here are the pictures from my beta test.

bandon1fm7.jpg

Turns on lightsaber as soon as he is seen.

bandon2db9.jpg

Then walks towards you after turning it on like he usually does.

I'd like to report what I think might be a bug, or it just might be my computer running slow.

I thought that might happen on slower machines, I'm not saying that your system is slow, but you may want to do some system maintenance. A simple defrag can do wonders.

i can d/l this mod on the filefront site because its supposedly not there is there somewhere else i can d/l this

I just downloaded the updated version of this mod about an hour ago and I had no problem doing it. I would go try again and if you have anymore problems with it I will go check it (I am the Co.Manager there so I can do that.) Anyway though I hope this does help.;)

Well, which weapons? check your override to make sure that all these files are presant

Ban_hilt00.txi

Mand_hvypstl01.txi

Mand_hvyrptr01.txi

t7_ap_hilt.txi

t7_apBlade01.txi

t7_baccablade01.txi

t7_bastila.txi

t7_bigz01.txi

t7_chundbow01.txi

t7_hk_rptr.txi

T7_HldOBlstr01.txi

T7_hvybstl02.txi

t7_joleesbr01.txi

t7_lsabreblue01.txi

t7_lsabregren01.txi

t7_malak01.txi

t7_misskat01.txi

T7_pistol01.txi

t7_quatrasbr01.txi

t7_revan03.txi

t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi

t7_troph1.txi

t7_troph2.txi

t7_yuthjedi01.txi

t7_yuthsith01.txi

w_glam_cross.txi

w_glam_grip.txi

^^^ I did have plans to add a few enhancments to Revan's Mask+ with this mod but I did not have time to impliment them. Included in this mod is revan02.uti this is a lightside version of Revans mask that I made. Currently there is no way other than cheating to accuire the mask, but its there.

Thanks for the answer, T7!

I have other questions, if you don't mind.. :D

1) Why make a new baseitems.2da entry for saber crystals? I've wanted to ask this for other mods but I never got around to doing so. Is the regular slot hard-coded for a certain number of crystals or something?

2) Will you be releasing the source scripts? I wanted to see how Malak's sabers would be incorporated in-game but couldn't do so. Or, alternatively, could you just tell me how the PC can get them thru normal play?

Thanks!

Thanks for the answer, T7!

I have other questions, if you don't mind.. :D

1) Why make a new baseitems.2da entry for saber crystals? I've wanted to ask this for other mods but I never got around to doing so. Is the regular slot hard-coded for a certain number of crystals or something?

The reason I did this is so that I can have a Lightsaber+crystal with the same model variation as a Doublesaber+crystal. We did this with USM also for the same reason.

2) Will you be releasing the source scripts? I wanted to see how Malak's sabers would be incorporated in-game but couldn't do so. Or, alternatively, could you just tell me how the PC can get them thru normal play?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I didn't have time to finnish the dialouge for Malaks lightsaber, I'll be free( no work or school) :D during the week so I'll do my best to get it completed. What I was doing was allowing the PC to Generate a lightsaber like Malak's with the SF replicator. The scripts are done though. There is also a possible very powerful bonus to replicator if you have my Revan's mask + mod. (but thats not in there either yet.)

Currently, if you want to use Malak's Lightsaber you can by cheating. I made all 7 colors for his saber.

As for the source scripts you can try DeNCS , that app may not be able to perfectly decompile the script, but if you know a little about how the code works it would be enough to figure out how my scripts work. I'm a ameture scripter at best so they are not very complicated.

I'll say this though, some of the weapons are not there just for the PC to obtain. None of the npc's will be willing give away their weapon. ;)

Could you implent the lightsaber from your Revan's Mask + Mod into this mod? I'm asking this cause I like that saber alot! .. But I don't like the robes from your Revan's Mask + Mod. Maybe you could let it replace the padawan lightsaber that you build on Dantooine? Also could you release that reskin of Bastila? The one where she wears the dark brown robe. :)

- Ghost Down

Could you implent the lightsaber from your Revan's Mask + Mod into this mod? I'm asking this cause I like that saber alot! .. But I don't like the robes from your Revan's Mask + Mod.

If you download version 2.0 the robes are an optional install, they have a separate installer from the rest of the mod. That mod is the only way you will be able to get that Lightsaber.

EDIT: I uploaded version 2.0 to the SWK featured mods page a few days ago. The file is still named the same though, i didn't feel like editing the page just to change the name of the download file.

Also could you release that reskin of Bastila? The one where she wears the dark brown robe. :)

- Ghost Down

Nope, I can't release that, its not my reskin. Svösh is the one that made it, you'll have to pester him for it. ;)

i got it

i used the cheat to get malaks lightsabre and when i equipped it it crashed my game

You spawned one of the sabers from t7_malak01-t7_malak07 ?

Well, which weapons? check your override to make sure that all these files are presant

Ban_hilt00.txi

Mand_hvypstl01.txi

Mand_hvyrptr01.txi

t7_ap_hilt.txi

t7_apBlade01.txi

t7_baccablade01.txi

t7_bastila.txi

t7_bigz01.txi

t7_chundbow01.txi

t7_hk_rptr.txi

T7_HldOBlstr01.txi

T7_hvybstl02.txi

t7_joleesbr01.txi

t7_lsabreblue01.txi

t7_lsabregren01.txi

t7_malak01.txi

t7_misskat01.txi

T7_pistol01.txi

t7_quatrasbr01.txi

t7_revan03.txi

t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi

t7_troph1.txi

t7_troph2.txi

t7_yuthjedi01.txi

t7_yuthsith01.txi

w_glam_cross.txi

w_glam_grip.txi

It was all of them that had the problem but WoToR 1.1 seemed to fix it.

The reason I did this is so that I can have a Lightsaber+crystal with the same model variation as a Doublesaber+crystal. We did this with USM also for the same reason.

Oh, yeah that explains it, although the alternative would be just to name the models differently right? Why not do this instead?

Unfortunately I didn't have time to finnish the dialouge for Malaks lightsaber, I'll be free( no work or school) :D during the week so I'll do my best to get it completed. What I was doing was allowing the PC to Generate a lightsaber like Malak's with the SF replicator. The scripts are done though. There is also a possible very powerful bonus to replicator if you have my Revan's mask + mod. (but thats not in there either yet.)

<snip>

I'll say this though, some of the weapons are not there just for the PC to obtain. None of the npc's will be willing give away their weapon. ;)

Yes of course! With beautiful models such as these nobody would wanna give them up! :D

So I suppose we can look forward to more weapon-y goodness in the new year then! :drool1:

Oh, yeah that explains it, although the alternative would be just to name the models differently right? Why not do this instead?

1) I can keep all my models in the same number range.(also less of chance that someone else will use the same number range or that my models will conflict with another mod.)

2)I can make more sabers Upgradable this way.(not that I really need so much space for my lightsabers)

3)Because tslpatcher makes it so easy to edit gff and 2da's.( Its so easy that I almost look for ways to use the patchers functions) ;)

Archived