Home

WotOR

T7nowhere

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^Do you have other mods involving Bandon installed (Shem's Super Enhanced, for example)? I've spent the week knitting those two mods together. :)

Speaking of which T7: I'm looking for Bandon's Manaan *.utc file. I found kas_bandon.utc, kor_bandon.utc, and tat_bandon.utc easily enough, but I can't find one for Manaan. I went to Hrakert (sp?) Station to see if he would show up wielding Svosh's saber, and of course he was, so I was wondering which file put the saber there.

Incredible job on the models, BTW!

Hey T7,

I hope you don't mind, but I would like to report to you a possible oversight with the MOD.

It seems that when you first meet Calo Nord in the Lower City Cantina on Taris, he does not have the new blasters equipped for the cut scene. You also have to initiate conversation with Calo before the cut-scene takes place. I might be wrong on that last part, however, I thought the cut-scene initiated when you walked through the cantina door past the pazzak player, not when you talked to Calo...

Also, when you go into the lower city apartments, in the second cut-scene with Calo, he doesn't weild any blasters at all, he just fights bare knuckled, which is kinda cool, but, the blaster models are too good not to show off at every opportunity ;).

Same.

As for the Korriban Bandon scenes, the problems were with the inventory which were mixed up (compared the inventories to the tat_bandon utc file and made the inventory changes from that.) Popped in the new UTC and it worked perfectly. Lightsaber was in the inventory (not equipped) and what was equipped was g_a_class4006.

MdKnightR, I am pretty sure Wotor is compatible with the Bastila Revelation Robes. I installed both and nothing needed to be overwritten, but who knows? Also Wotor is sadly not compatible with Sherruk Attacks with Lightsabers, Redhawke's Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack, Blaster/Armor/Droid/Misc Item Pack, and the Xia Terashai Set, until T7 gets around to including the utc modification, which would make only Redhawke's mods that I already mentioned incompatible. Ugh, that was a huge run on sentance. Sorry for the short list, these are the only mods that I was using for Kotor I, too lazy to look through all of pcgamemods and knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront. Still like I said, I'm not sure, somebody should double check just in case. Well how's that for a first post. Oh yeah and before I forget awesome mod T7, always knew you'd get it out.

-Ken

^^^OK. While this may be true, this mod can be made compatible with other mods by reading the installog and looking for errors, and editing the files in question.

It would also help to read this entire thread. By doing so you would see that Bastila Hardcore and Malak Improved have already been addressed. :)

Yep, you're absolutely correct Qliveur. This mini list was simply made to save a few people some time in looking for which mods they would have to edit files to make it compatible with Wotor. Sorry once again for the small list. Can't believe I forgot that Bastila Hardcore, Malak Improved, and Juhani's Dark Robe/Sanctuary Threads were already mentioned, shame on me, shame on me.

-Ken

@RH:

From your Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack:

dan14_sherruk.utc

g_w_lghtsbr06.uti

kor39_yuthura.utc

tar03_brejik031.utc

tar03_selven031.utc

From your Blasters/Armor/Droid Item Pack:

p_hk47.utc

p_jolee.utc

p_juhani.utc

Nothing I could find in your RTW/SF booster.

The only one that really is a problem would be the g_w_lghtsbr06.uti file as all the other .utc files are just for telling the game what to equip them with when they jion your party. These can easily be amended with KTto include other items from this mod.

You will have to merge T7's and my .utc files, see I equipped certain NPC's with some of my items to buff them up when you face them and make the worn items lootable. I can't say what T7 did.

The g_w_lghtsbr06.uti you can overwrite as it doesn't really affect anything (it is a file I should have removed, but I was a little lazy) ;)

T7nowhere, I hope that you can give me some advice. I want to make Bastilla's saber color something other than yellow (I hate yellow). I have hex-edited the w_dblsbr_250.mdl file to point to a color that I made specifically for it, but it still turns out to be the default yellow when she wields it. Am I missing something?

Sorry for taking so long to comment, but I just finished another play through with your mod installed. It is one of the best mods ever made and it has a permanent place reserved in my override folder. Thank you, and all of those that helped you with this mod. I want you to know all your hard work is really appreciated. Thank you, for sharing your creation with us and allowing us to continue to enjoy this wonderful game. Great work and great mod!

^^^You need to make sure that you edit all 8 references to the texture color.The easyest method is to use mdlops renamer function. The instructions for it are in the apps readme.

Thanks for the help. Now it looks great! However, when it comes time for Bastilla to hold Malak off while you make a run for the Ebon Hawk on the Leviathan, she enters the scene with a yellow saber, but finishes with the custom silver blade that I made for it. Is there any way to fix this?

If you mean name my silver color w_lsabreyelo01.tga instead of having it as its own file, then no I didn't. Even though I really dislike yellow as a saber blade color, I didn't want to take it out of the game completely. I want Bastilla to have her own unique color while other sentinels encountered during the game still wield yellow blades. Is there no other way to get around my issue?

Is there no other way to get around my issue?

I meant did you overwrite the Bastila's yellow saber model with the model you edited. Not did you overwrite the games yellow saber color. What I'm getting at is that I want to know if you overwrote the model so that the uti files still use the same model number, because if you had then there should be no way that Bastila could still have a Yellow Saber.

Edit: In the scene you mentioned a few posts back did you mean that Bastila had a yellow game saber or that she had the yellow saber I made?

I meant did you overwrite the Bastila's yellow saber model with the model you edited. Not did you overwrite the games yellow saber color. What I'm getting at is that I want to know if you overwrote the model so that the uti files still use the same model number, because if you had then there should be no way that Bastila could still have a Yellow Saber.

Edit: In the scene you mentioned a few posts back did you mean that Bastila had a yellow game saber or that she had the yellow saber I made?

Yes, I did overwrite the model with the one I edited. She plays out the entire scene wielding the model you made. At the beginning of the scene, her blade is yellow. At the end of the scene (as Carth is yelling "NO!") she is battling Malak with the silver blade that I conjured up. At any other place in the game prior to that scene, she wields it as a silver saber like I want her to. I know it sounds strange, but that is the way its doing it.

EDIT: Actually, its hard to tell, but I think she may be entering the scene with a default yellow saber model, but she definitely ends it with the one you made.

I confirmed it. She enters the scene with a default yellow saber hilt. I couldn't tell clearly that that was so because I had installed another hilt in its place. I went back and removed that hilt so I could tell for sure that was what she was holding, and it is. I don't understand why she begins the scene with a default and ends it with your saber.

Archived