Home

WotOR

T7nowhere

3)Because tslpatcher makes it so easy to edit gff and 2da's.( Its so easy that I almost look for ways to use the patchers functions)

So do I actually, I love using it because of the organization it gives generates when you do use it. Anyway though I just want to say awesome job on the update for this mod. It looks really good!;)

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job T7! I've been using your mods since CIS!

A quick question for you...do you know what specifically is modified in the baseitems.2da file? I've been comparing the one for WOTOR 1.1 and my own and I can't seem to see any difference. There are some modified lines in my personal baseitems.2da, however, I can't seem to see any changes that your MOD adds. If that is the case, then I won't be copying your baseitems.2da into my override folder but if there are changes, then I'm an idiot cause I can't see them. I need to know what they are however, so that I can modify the existing baseitems.2da file.

Thanks in advance!

Great job T7! I've been using your mods since CIS!

A quick question for you...do you know what specifically is modified in the baseitems.2da file?

Well I would hope I do. ;) There are no changes to the 2da files that are included in the tslpatchdata folder. Those 2da's are there incase TSLpatcher does not detect any of the 2da files used in this mod. They are un-edited, it is the patchers job to edit the 2da's it finds in the override folder if it finds none then it copies the 2da files to override and edits them.

So to answer your question in order to see what is added to the 2da files you will need to run the tslpatcher.exe. Don't let the name scare you it will install the mod for use with KotOR and not TSL, I simply forgot to rename the installer exe.

I have to double check but I believe I am missing the t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi, because Sheruk's Rifle is still transparent. Everything else I've gotten so far is not, the jedi knight single saber was until I installed 1.1, Sheruk's still is.

All of the txi's are there, I just downloaded the mod from filefront and the files is in the rar, however the file is incorrect(there is a typo in the spelling of CM_Baremetal) and you should have downloaded and copied the files from my minor patch found in this post http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2233552&postcount=49 to your override folder. it includes the correct t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi plus a few other minor correction not included in the WotOR1.1 that is on filefront. Shem is aware of this, but I told him not to worry about getting my updated version up until after the holidays, because I uploaded the fixes in a rar on my isp's free webspace.

Yes, she does use the saber I made her.I wrote a simple script that adds the saber to her inventory for the fight scenes and during the ingame cuts she will be holding the saber, which is also scripted.

Ya, you can't touch those uti's on the SF without messing something else up.

It should have even been a simple matter to equipe the saber on her, but the dev responsible for those last couple of levels liked to use a scripting function that forces the npc to equipe the most powerfull melee weapon, and don't ask me why but the game seems to think that the default sabers are the most powerfull. So in the end I had to destroy the standard from her inventory and add another one of mine. The cut scene should be fairly seemless. ( I just realized that if you kill Bastila you might be able to loot 2 double lightsabers from her inventory) oh well ;)

To put it simply, the Starforge was a pain in the butt.

T7, would it be possible to let us know what those scripts look like? I tried to use DeNCS as you suggested but needless to say I couldn't get it to work... Reason I'm asking is because I want to equip all the dark-side Bastilas with Svosh's Revelation Robes.

Also, I've got another minor bug to report! Bastila's bastcrystlr.uti points to the yellow coloured crystal.

T7, would it be possible to let us know what those scripts look like? I tried to use DeNCS as you suggested but needless to say I couldn't get it to work... Reason I'm asking is because I want to equip all the dark-side Bastilas with Svosh's Revelation Robes.

Would that actually work, since the script pulls the lightsaber out at the begining of the fight, the robes would have to be there already. I do hope I am wrong because I have always wanted to have her fight in them.

Also, I've got another minor bug to report! Bastila's bastcrystlr.uti points to the yellow coloured crystal.

Whoopsy, I don't know how that slipped past. I Tested those SF scenes so many times. I've uploaded the fixed files, unfortunately in order for them to be used by the game you will need to load the module fresh. Meaning that it has to be the first time you enter the module.

More minor fixes

void main ()
{
object oNPC1 = GetObjectByTag("sta_bastila", 0);
CreateItemOnObject("bastsbrr",oNPC1);
DestroyObject(GetObjectByTag("g_w_drkjdisbr002"));
ExecuteScript("ok_psta_pcwalk", OBJECT_SELF);
}

The above script is the one used to make bastila pull out and use the double lightsaber I made her. So if you wanted to have her equiped with svösh's robe you would need to use a script like the one below.

void main ()
{
object oRobe = GetItemInSlot(1, oNPC1);

object oNewRobe = CreateItemOnObject("g_a_clothes03",oNPC1);	

if (GetIsObjectValid (oRobe))
       {
       DestroyObject(oRobe);
       }
AssignCommand(oNPC1, ActionEquipItem(oNewRobe,1));
}

That script should work, now that you have the script you need to trigger it. I used a script from the game "k_psta_cutwait" and renamed it to "ok_psta_cutwait"

void main()
{
              ExecuteScript("ok_psta_cutwait", OBJECT_SELF);
              ExecuteScript("t7_bastrsbr", OBJECT_SELF);
              [color=Cyan]ExecuteScript("bast_E_Robe", OBJECT_SELF);[/color]
}

The part of the above script in cyan would be your script name. I named it bast_E_Robe because it would be euqiping the evil looking robe on her. Save the last script and name it k_psta_cutwait and compile the script, drop it along with the script to equip her robe and when you enter that module she will hopefully be wearing the robe.

Well, I made it so you can have Bastila equip Svosh's Bastila Revelation robes by doing some appearance.2da changes. I had Bastila make a swap. What I switched is the Bastila clothing section into the robe section, and had the robe codes into the clothing section. Then have the dark side version of the robes coded under the Dark Jedi robes.

bastuw3.jpg

It also makes a switch that I want. Having Bastila wear Jedi robes at the end celebration.

celewc8.jpg

This is probably why it's good that T7 is holding off sending in a updated version so that more bugs can be reported before he has me upload an updated version.

has n e 1 else encouterd a bug where bastilla doesnt show up when ur in the laviethin interogation room

Translation: Has anyone else encountered a bug where Bastila doesn't show up when you are in the Leviathan interrogation room?

Mod note: Please make at least a token attempt to use proper English. This is a forum, not an instant messenger or a chatroom. ~M

So if you wanted to have her equiped with svösh's robe you would need to use a script like the one below.

void main ()
{
object oRobe = GetItemInSlot(1, oNPC1);

object oNewRobe = CreateItemOnObject("g_a_clothes03",oNPC1);	

if (GetIsObjectValid (oRobe))
       {
       DestroyObject(oRobe);
       }
AssignCommand(oNPC1, ActionEquipItem(oNewRobe,1));
}

That script should work, now that you have the script you need to trigger it. I used a script from the game "k_psta_cutwait" and renamed it to "ok_psta_cutwait"

void main()
{
              ExecuteScript("ok_psta_cutwait", OBJECT_SELF);
              ExecuteScript("t7_bastrsbr", OBJECT_SELF);
              [color=Cyan]ExecuteScript("bast_E_Robe", OBJECT_SELF);[/color]
}

The part of the above script in cyan would be your script name. I named it bast_E_Robe because it would be euqiping the evil looking robe on her. Save the last script and name it k_psta_cutwait and compile the script, drop it along with the script to equip her robe and when you enter that module she will hopefully be wearing the robe.

If anybody tries this and getis it to work is it possible to PM me and I will give you an email address to send it to because I would not know how to script it if it was right in front of me.

Ooh, thanks for the scripts T7!

I suppose a similar one is used for Bastila on the Unknown World. But can I ask why? Especially when her .utc there is unique?

Because I know there are already several mods out there that already edit her utc so I scripted it. However I took a shortcut and just edited all of the other Bastila utc's in that module to add my saber.

^^^^^

Ok, noted. :)

Now, I know you must be getting tired of this, but I think I found another problem...

I was playing through the sta_m45ac to see your (original) scripts in action. And this is what happens:

- When the cutscene is played for Bastila, the flourishing of her saber as it is being equipped can be heard.

- She talks to Malak with non-ignited saber, and then goes into battle meditation mode with the same non-ignited saber.

- When the PC confronts her, she flourishes her saber, but there are no blades!

Note that I only tested this by warping straight to sta_m45ac w/o playing through the earlier part of the SF.

But I think scripting the saber to be equipped at the beginning of the cutscene is what causes this problem?

Because I know there are already several mods out there that already edit her utc so I scripted it. However I took a shortcut and just edited all of the other Bastila utc's in that module to add my saber.

If you are willing to go through the trouble you could make the installer modify the existing UTC (GFF) file in the override folder (if it exists) to insert the saber into Bastila's inventory directly without overwriting the whole UTC file. That should theoretically preserve compatibility with other mods modifying the same template (unless they also change her weapon, of course) without having to use scripts to give and equip the weapon.

But I think scripting the saber to be equipped at the beginning of the cutscene is what causes this problem?

All the script does is tell the saber to (basically)turn off. You see for some reason the "ActionEquipItem" command will sometimes make a saber ignite and flourish.

I did notice this problem with an early script trigger I had tried. But with the current scipts it should be fine. Hmm, I'll go through it again. Maybe it would be better to just remove that script all together.

lactose_, try the scene without this script "k_psta_cutwait.ncs in override.

EDIT:

If you are willing to go through the trouble you could make the installer modify the existing UTC (GFF) file in the override folder (if it exists) to insert the saber into Bastila's inventory directly without overwriting the whole UTC file. That should theoretically preserve compatibility with other mods modifying the same template (unless they also change her weapon, of course) without having to use scripts to give and equip the weapon.

I am actually doing that now, I tried to get it done before the 20th(my deadline) but just ran out of time(as you know its quite a bit more work than editing a utc directly ;) although I am glad you figured out a way to allow editing the struct trees) . Also scripting the sabers on the npc's was abit of a safety habit I picked up from making USM.

I did notice this problem with an early script trigger I had tried. But with the current scipts it should be fine. Hmm, I'll go through it again. Maybe it would be better to just remove that script all together.

lactose_, try the scene without this script "k_psta_cutwait.ncs in override.

All right, it works fine now! :) And the whole scene flows better too (unless one thinks that the action of flourishing a saber that was previously not in her hand is weird - but then many NPC dark jedi do that too).

Hey, I had this idea for awhile, and I thought that I might aswell spit it out.

*drum roll* WotOR for TSL! *drum roll*

No, no.. Not one from scratch. Just convert some of the weapons from WotOR to TSL.

And not all of them, just some important ones. Like Canderous's blaster, it could be given to Mandolore (Does make sense.. Canderous and Mandalore are the same person.) And HK's AK! Perhaps you could even reskin HK's blaster and give it to the HK-50's and name it HK-50's Assassin Rifle or so. And Atton could be given a reskin of Carth's blaster. And I am quite sure that you will figure out which guns to give to which Party members and/or NPC's. ;)

But ...

Is it possible to make it compatible with the USM?

Anyway.. I hope that you take some time to think about my idea! :)

- Ghost Down

Archived