Home

WotOR

T7nowhere

Trying to clean out the override folder causes a crash upon trying to load the save, even if I´ve unequipped everything. In the temple itself, of course, I can´t access the inventories of anyone else besides me and Bastila. I suppose I could try to remove all items from the other NPCs before I enter the temple, provided I still have a save and that would work...

We can probably rule out the jedi armors as a culprit, since I killed the only other two members using those...but maybe someone else is equipped with illegal weapons.

As for the .2da:s, besides the ones that come with the mods, I´ve edited baseitems a bit (damage values) and that´s about it.

I should also mention that I managed to warp myself to the Star Forge, but I´d really like to see what happens in between...

That would work if I got a save file (dark side, if after the scene with Bastila at the summit) somewhere close to the exiting from the temple, and I could re-install the game.

Edit: Just checked, the NPCs are equipped with : Mandalorian Heavy Pistols (Carth), HK-47´s Blaster, Selven´s Heavy Blaster (Mission) and Heavy Blasters (T3).

As far as I know, only HK-47´s (way cool) blaster is changed, or?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The game freezes on me when trying to leave the Temple in the Unknown World with Bastila (or with Juhani & Jolee, for that matter). The freeze occurs during the autosave immediately after I exit the temple (turning off autosave didn´t help).

Would WOTOR have anything to do with it? I´m completely stumped, and can´t find a way to finish my game. Any help is appreciated.

It doesn't sound like the problem is from this mod. Especially since the module you're trying to get to has already been loaded and unchanged since the last time you were there, except for the Rakatan that helped you get in are gone. Usually a problem like that is caused because the game is trying to load something new that wasn't there before and usually a mod is causing the corruption. If you're mod free and it's still causing trouble, you may have to uninstall your game, defrag your harddrive and reinstall it and see what happens.

It doesn't sound like the problem is from this mod. Especially since the module you're trying to get to has already been loaded and unchanged since the last time you were there, except for the Rakatan that helped you get in are gone. Usually a problem like that is caused because the game is trying to load something new that wasn't there before and usually a mod is causing the corruption. If you're mod free and it's still causing trouble, you may have to uninstall your game, defrag your harddrive and reinstall it and see what happens.

My save doesn´t load with a clean override, unfortunately...

I guess I´ll re-install (save the defrag, of course, I don´t have the extra half-day or space for it right now) and see what happens.

Edit: Re-installed to a new folder. Didn´t help.

Discovered that I was able to remove WOTOR entirely and reload the game, as long as Jedi Armor files were still in the override folder.

Still, the same problem - freezes while exiting the temple (the title screen theme can be heard, and I can alt-f4 normally (with the game even providing the yes/no prompt for it).

Edit: Also remembered that I have used KSE, changing things like feats, force powers, classes (from scrd/JG to sol/JG) and the appearance (from small to large) of the PC.

Edit 2: managed to clean out my inventory and run the game unmodded - still freezes during the load. Crapola.

Edit: I suppose I´ll just have to wait and see if someone has a save file to send to me, just so I can go through the dialogues and cutscenes preceding the Star Forge. If someone is willing to e-mail them to me, {snip} PM Me is the address.

Removed email address as per forum rules, please use the PM system instead. I have also combined your triple posts. Please use the 'edit this' post feature to add content to your previous post instead of having multiple posts in a row. Thanks. -RH

The if you put a crystal into a a hilt and it turns into a grenade then cancle the assembly.

Single bladed saber crystals can only go into a single bladed saber, it doesn't matter what single bladed saber though. It can be modded or a game saber, but it needs to be upgradeable.

The same goes for double bladed sabers, None of the crystals can be used in short lightsaber hilts.

• 2 weeks later...

erm this may sound stupid, but what are the cheat codes for the 7 lightsabre pack?

And also, for the lightsabre pack it says you have to cheat them, but in the readme it says they are in game, the jedi ones are, but when I talk to the ithorian the sith spawn with no weapons.

Sorry this is a bit belated, but does Glabro still have a problem?

My mod came with a .2da file (don't think the patcher was available when I made the mod) - I believe it was the baseitems, but that was a long time ago so I can't be sure.

In any case if Glabro installs WotOR after my mod then everything should be fine. I doubt there is any other file in conflict between the two mods. And it's strange that it happens at the Temple specifically...

Hi Im kinda new, I recently got this it looks great . . . but I cant figure out how to install it Ive read the readme thing, and all I have is a RAR file, I think, so I need either a little help, or a lot. As i said I'm new.

Welcome to the forums RevanDude. :)

Since this is a .rar file, you'll first need WinRar to unpack the file. If you don't already have it you can download it from http://www.rarlabs.com. Then extract the files and run the installation .exe

(the one that looks like image1sv9.gif).

It will put everything where it belongs. Then if you want to install the 1.02 patch to this mod, you can download it and extract the files directly into your override, allowing them to overwrite the previous versions of the files.

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem on the leviathan, I have WotOR 1.1 insalled and Good and Evil Bastilla's robes. When Malak confornts bastilla, Carth and I, He uses Stasis on Carth and Bastilla while we fight. the problem is after he runs and hides behind the blast doors Carth and Bastilla never wake up. I tried uninstalling my modes but then it won't load. Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to start over and I like WotOR mod.

Edit: Oh, I also have Bastilla clothes for female PC Mod by Rehawk. I have it modified so I can were bastilla's good and evil robes. I uninstalled all modes except WotOR and it still wouldn't let Bastilla wake up, that is why I wondered if the problem was with the wotor mod. Anyways any help would be greatly appreciatted.

Thanks,

Billium

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem on the leviathan, I have WotOR 1.1 insalled and Good and Evil Bastilla's robes. When Malak confornts bastilla, Carth and I, He uses Stasis on Carth and Bastilla while we fight. the problem is after he runs and hides behind the blast doors Carth and Bastilla never wake up. I tried uninstalling my modes but then it won't load. Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to start over and I like WotOR mod.

Erm,

you have to fight Malak twice before your party members become unstuck. Go look for him again via the only unlocked blast door - try all of them until you find it.

Hello everyone,

Sounds like you're playing the game for the first time ever. What happened is normal.

Sounds like you're playing the game for the first time ever. What happened is normal.

Sorry, I'm an idiot, It has been a couple years since I played it and I didn't remember it happening like that.

Thanks

Edit: Don't read this if you have never played the game, It will spoil a scene.

I actually found a real problem this time. I decided to play the planets in a different order this time. I went to Kashyyyk after tatooine and Manaan. The cut scene begins to play in the shadowlands starting my confrontation with darth bandon. Except bandon isn't in it, and then it gives an end program error. after lot's of messing around I found the problem. It is in the kas_bandon.utc line of WotOR 1.1 Mod. I don't know how to fix it, but if I take that one line out of override, the scene plays fine. The problem is without that utc file I don't seem to get bandon's sabers and crystals. Is there a cheat for them?

Thanks

Don't read this if you have never played the game, It will spoil a scene.

I actually found a real problem this time. I decided to play the planets in a different order this time. I went to Kashyyyk after tatooine and Manaan. The cut scene begins to play in the shadowlands starting my confrontation with darth bandon. Except bandon isn't in it, and then it gives an end program error. after lot's of messing around I found the problem. It is in the kas_bandon.utc line of WotOR 1.1 Mod. I don't know how to fix it, but if I take that one line out of override, the scene plays fine. The problem is without that utc file I don't seem to get bandon's sabers and crystals. Is there a cheat for them?

Thanks

Post #140 explains the problem

Post #142 includes a patch by T7 :)

I noticed this updates the version to 1.03, but the original post still contains the bug fixes for version 1.02. I'll fix that here shortly.

EDIT: fixed :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im having a problem with Darth Bandon, and while Im not 100% sure its yoru mod causing it I thought I'd ask.

At first I was having the same problem as other with the game crashing as soon as I loaded the shadowlands and was supposed to fight Darth bandon but after downloading the update I no longer have that problem. Instead Darth Bandon wont talk to me or fight me. At first I thought this had something to do with one of the dialogue mods I am using (Freven and Dialog pack 2.0) but neither one of them modify bandon.

I have tried this both with and without my companions (thought maybe the new crew dialog was maybe causing the problem).

Also I have a file in my C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR called "AR_ERROR.LOG". I was hoping it would give me some info about Darth Bandon but it says "Names Differ: w_HvyBlstr_200 w_hvyblstr_201" so I figure that also has something to do with your mod, but I dont know what and I haven't notice any problems in game.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Here is a list of the mods Im using

Project Bastilia

Freven untold love story

dialog pack 2.0 (with the Exar Kun dialog fix)

wotor 1.1 with updates

mandalorian armor (lets you buy the real mandalorian armor and give cand he own armor)

Redhawk's Mission Jedi mod

Exar Kun mod (The one that allows you to go to Yavin IV and is pretty well done)

Light Saber forms mod.

Red Hawk's Construction bench mod.

EDIT2:

I am certain it is somethign to do with WOTOR. After looking through each of my mods I found that WoToR is the only mod that I have that installs the file "kas_bandon.utc", which is the file that is causing the problems. I have tried removing each of the files that modify bandon (well have references to ban or bandon in thier file name :p ) one by one until bandon reacted to me in game. After removing Kas_Bandon.utc my game works again.

Am I the only one thats had this problem?

Archived