Home

WotOR

T7nowhere

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize that this post may not be horribly helpful, however I beat KOTOR 1 and 2 on the XBox a while back, but since the DVD drive stopped working, I decided to pick them up again on the PC, and this time try them with some mods.

I downloaded several mods for K1 and K2/TSL, and I have been playing a few hours into K1 when I ran into my first problem. I'm not sure which mod is causing the problem, but I suspect it might be WOTOR.

I finally became a Jedi on Dantooine, did all the Dantooine side quests, got plenty of crystals, and I was stopping at the workbench before leaving the planet to upgrade my sabers.

The only problem is that I have tons of crystals, but most of them don't show up. They show up in my inventory, but I can't select them for the sabers. I tried all my sabers, and I can select Bondar, or Sigil, but I have all kinds of crystals I picked up.

Has anyone ran into this before? Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might fix this?

^^^

Most of the crystals that you find on Dantooine are color crystals that fit into the middle upgrade slot and do nothing more than change the color of the default (generic) saber model. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of the crystals you have found are these color crystals. Incidentally, this same slot is used by the WotOR mod to change the saber model type.

erm how do i use Jolee's lightsaber? I requires a "master guard stance" feat o.O how do i get that?

I think that T7 made the Master Guard Stance feat a requirement so that only Jolee can use that saber. The Guard Stance feat tree is unavailable (and useless) in the game, but T7 gave it to Jolee in the mod by editing his .utc file.

BTW: I think that the Jolee hilt has got to be one of the most original and coolest ideas for a hilt that I have ever seen. :) [/shameless gushing]

• 1 month later...
erm how do i use Jolee's lightsaber? I requires a "master guard stance" feat o.O how do i get that?

You could try using KSE to give your PC the master guard stance feat (I think you might have to give yourself guard stance and improved guard stance aswell)then you should be able use the lightsaber

Another bug found: revansbr0x , none of these lightsabers are working. On the KSE they give some kind of error, and you can only see them on workbench by installing the crystals, game crashes if you attempt to get the lightsaber.

Also can't go to yavin after i do the leviathan, the game crashes when i try to leave ship.

Edit: Your mod is great, but there are many glitches/bugs. Are you working on them still, or don't you have time anymore? If so, I would like to team up with some other guys to polish your great work man, what do you think?

• 1 month later...

Today i've run into both an anoyance and an oddity with my most recent installation of Wotor (Weapons Of The Old Republic), the icon of the red bastilla crystal seems to be missing even when its not.

First i upgraded the red bastila saber and noticed that the red crystal icon was missing, so i whent into the mods TSLPatcher folder and located the icon before putting it into my override only to be told that it was allready there.

What can i do to fix this?

I also have a WOTOR question: It's always bugged me that this mod has given the Rakata on Lehon lightsabers. That doesn't make sense from a continuity perspective: they ruled the galaxy long before lightsabers were invented, contracted a Force-inhibiting virus, retreated back to their world and and had no further contact with the rest of the galaxy.

How do I remove this?

At least I think this is caused by WOTOR. I can't seem to pinpoint any other mod among my collection that would cause this.

I don't mean to pester but I'm just about to go to Lehon now, having just collected my last star map, so it would be great if someone could reply soon. If not, well, I guess I'll have to worry about that in a future playthrough.

• 2 months later...

I was curious, will this mod ever be compatible with Redhawke's Item Packs? Because I love his Revan Costume but I don't want to use both of them together if there is a conflict. (I think that's the reason it keeps crashing on Korriban when I try to fight Bandon ><"")

Thanks for answering my question! ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly I would like to thank all the modders who contributed in creating this amazing mod! I'm using the 1.1 build updated with the 2 patches to 1.3 found in kotorfiles.com. I was wondering 2 things:

The first is a technically a mod conflict; I say technically because the conflict doesn't actually screw up anything. I have the movie hilt replacer mod which susbtitues the game's original sabers and I know this doesn't conflict with the new custom sabers here. However, that mod substitues Malak's saber for Dooku's and this mod gives Malak a brand new hilt; so I was curious what would I have to do to have Malak use the Dooku hilt of the other mod? I figure either modding a Malak utc or deleting the file that changes his hilt to custom, but I am very limited in modding so I asked.

The second thing was I installed the mod over a already in process game; I was doing quests in Dantooine. After I installed this, I loaded my save to see if everything loaded ok and I indeed began to see the new hilts right away (I saw Bastila with her new double bladed saber hilt) however I have Carth with me in the party and he did not have his new blasters, he had the original single default blaster. I couldn't really find out any information on this so were his new blasters hidden away before Dantooine and I missed picking them up? Or do I have to start a brand new game so the new blasters replace the default one from the beginning?

I'm starting a brand new game soon so if the blasters were missed or need a new game that's not a problem, I was just covering my bases that I hadn't missed something that I needed to fix like the issue with Bandon's Kashyyyk utc.

Thanks

I have tried ages to install Wotor by putting the patch into the Overide but nothing happens. I tried to download the Weapons Of The Old Republic mod by T7Nowhere but... all my efforts have been in vane!

Please help! :giveup::confused:

Merged thread 'How to install Wotor' with this thread.

Hi, I'm having trouble installing Wotor for the Weapons Of The Old Republic mod that T7Nowhere made, where do I put the patch, in the Overide or something else? Can you please reply to this, thanks

Jeff

Hi, I'm having trouble installing Wotor for the Weapons Of The Old Republic mod that T7Nowhere made, where do I put the patch, in the Overide or something else? Can you please reply to this, thanks

Jeff

You just stick the patches in the override folder make sure they aren't in files but the items in the folder go straight into the override, default directory -

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override and if it asks if you want to overwrite anything say YES.

Edit: Of T7's patches for this I checked they didn't have a readme, so for those saying 'read the readme' it isn't too helpful ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
erm this may sound stupid, but what are the cheat codes for the 7 lightsabre pack?

And also, for the lightsabre pack it says you have to cheat them, but in the readme it says they are in game, the jedi ones are, but when I talk to the ithorian the sith spawn with no weapons.

I have the same problem as this guy with Lightsaber 7 Pack. It works perfectly and i can get the 3 jedi lightsabers from Dantooine but when i fight against the 3 sith in Tatooine, they fight with fists and they dont drop those 3 sith lightsabers after i defeat them. Help plz?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

uhm i have some problems with the starforge enchanted lightsaber or wathever the name is but see the problem is that i don't have any custom hilt or picture .

so i removed all mods and installed wotor first still there was no custom hilt and picture so what is the error wathever you want to call it

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I've been playing through KotOR with your WotOR mod, and loved it. However I've ran into an interesting little problem which I'm not sure how to fix. If this has already been mentioned then I overlooked it, and if I could be pointed in the right direction that'd be wonderful.

After your encounter with Bastila within the Temple, I go back to the Ebon Hawk, go through all the dialogue, and then fly off to the Star Forge. Problem is, the cutscene where Carth receives the transmission from the Admiral won't play. The cinema of the Hawk taking off woks fine, but after that the screen goes black. I hear music playing and I can still see/move my cursor. I can also select the menus and other items if I move the cursor to the appropriate spots on the screen.

I know it isn't conflicting with another mod. I uninstalled everything then added my mods in one by one. When WotOR was the only mod installed, I still receive the problem.

Any advice? I really don't want to have to give up this mod. :(

Archived