Home

Starfields: The Second Age (D&R Thread)

starmark2k

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ That depends on how long it takes to do everything we need to do before we can start.

Ok i've started the timeline with my chararacters events, Galactic Events, and everyones date of birth. So while we wait for the other characters and possibly other players we can get started on this.

897 SA- Umbar Xerxes is born on Carad-Galadh.

919 SA- Umbar joins GE at age 22.

927 SA- Shien Ciyagi Ryuu Jendai is Born.

937 SA- Ciyagi's mother dies when he's only ten.

947 SA- Ciyagi finds Celeb washed up on lake shore. Takes home to care for.

949 SA- Celeb is fully healed, won't leave Ciyagi's side, becomes Ciyagi's first friend.

950 SA- Ciyagi is Inducted into Jendai Royalist Officer Corps.

955 SA- Ciyagi attains the class of Royal Guard.

960 SA- Ciyagi put in Jendai military reserve, and is given Royalist staff - Goes home.

962 SA- Ciyagi Joins Carad-Galadh Military Academy.

966 SA- Ciyagi Graduates and earns Ceramonial Sword - Enters Insertion Force, is transferred to Geno Force.

968 SA- Ciyagi is Willingly genetically tested and altered, gains tail as side effect - Continues intensive training.

974 SA- Ciyagi is given the rank of (E-5) Yeosign - Pharaz-Gil Army starts requesting for him to join.

976 SA- Ciyagi resigns from Geno Force - Joins Dûn Core.

979 SA- Umbar retires from GE with rank of O-2 and highly respected reputation - Goes back home to Carad.

980 SA- Umbar joins Pharaz-Gil Army - Reavaluation training begins.

981 SA- Umbar goes through concented, specified genetic testing and alteration, gains 'Trackers Eye' side effect - Continues reavaluation training.

982 SA- Umbar Given automatic rank of (E-6) Staff Sergeant after reavaluation training.

986 SA- Ciyagi achieves rank of (E-7) Gunnery Sergeant.

992 SA- Umbar is given command over a Dûn Core squad - Attains Nano-Pack Armor system.

993 SA- Umbar's first encounter with Ciyagi's group.

994 SA- Umbar's second encounter with Ciyagi's group - First personal encounter with Ciyagi, heads collide, advise is given.

995 SA- Umbar achieves rank of {E-91} Sergeant Major.

997 SA- Umbar transferred to Ciyagi's group, becoming third in command.

998 SA- Umbar assigned to keep eye on Ciyagi, eventually becoming his mentor, and soon after that, Ciyagi's second friend.

Okay, that's my timeline for my two characters, hope it's okay! :D

972 SA - Grace Tyler is born.

982 SA - Grace begins to develop telepathic abilities.

987 SA - Grace's telepathy grows in strength, to the point of reading minds (without difficulty) and altering memories and ideas (with significant difficulty).

990 SA - Grace graduates from high school and is added to the Advisors' watchlist.

992 SA - Grace enrolls in a college in Paramount. After one semester, she inherits her grandfather's fortune and mansion.

993 SA - Grace leaves college and moves into her grandfather's mansion. She begins work on writing a book and illustrating it. The book is published and adds to Ms. Tyler's fortune.

994 SA - Ms. Grace Tyler publishes two more books, both fully illustrated. Both sell well. Her first book earns her an award for 'Best Storyteller of the Year'.

995 SA - Grace returns to college and completes a business degree in two years.

997 SA - A pirate steals a Haven fighter and lands it at Ms. Tyler's mansion. After a brief telekinetic duel, Grace overpowers him telepathically and ties him up. She then returns fighter and pirate to the Navy base, in the process of which she and the Navy discover her flying ability. She is offered the spot of the pilot the pirate killed and accepts. Ms. Grace Tyler becomes Plt. Tyler and moves to the Navy base.

998 SA - Plt. Tyler is granted permission to dock her fighter at her mansion and she moves back into the mansion.

999 SA - Plt. Tyler is acknowledged as the Navy's best pilot and is given an unspecified period of leave in order to join the hunt for the missing items and bring the Haven fighter back in whatever condition it happens to be in.

dark_lady can i make a request and have you lower the Mutation 'powers of your new character, Ayyura Bryann. This is solely from a balancing issue as she seems to be about ten time better than that of any other character. Its Good to have diversity in mutation but if one person is so much better than the others it will ruin the RP and won't get past two pages.

This goes to everyone If you think your character is unbalanced when put against other characters please 'dumb down' their abilities, or if you think someone else is too powerful let them know. I have seen it happen too many times when an RPer decides to beef up a character and ruins it for everyone else.

I don't want to become strict and make up a list of mutations people can and can't have as this is really a test RP to see if it will work.

@starmark2k - I think you mean Dark_Lady, not dark_jedi SM.

@Dark_Lady - I don't know how you should associate with my characters, I'd like you to, but I can't think of anything...hm? I'll give you some options, if you'd prefer none of them, then think of your own way of associating with them, or one of them.

One: Was in Ciyagi's class at Carad-Galadh Military Academy.

Two: Is in Ciyagi's Dûn Core Group, with Umbar.

Three: One of a few women who've fallen for Ciyagi because of his odd luck with them (Read last two paragraphs or so of his bio, I added his personality, ect.).

Four: Was in Umbar's old Dûn Core or Army group, whichever's more possible.

Five: Just knows them by seeing or hearing of them in the past or present or both.

Six: Other (Means your choose of association. You can also combine any of these options as you like.)

((P.S. - I think SM doesn't like the 'Lightning Speed' side effect, maybe the energy phasing too. So you might want to change the side effect of your testing/alteration. Just a friendly hint, though I could be wrong and it could be something totally different that SM was talking about.))

Ok we need more balance to this, so far we have 3 from Apex, 2 from ashoka, 3 from haven, 4 from Olympia and 2 from pharaz. So before we can start i need atleast 1 more character from Ashoka and pharaz.

If someone wants to help this situation but can't think of a character they can have 'Solar Flair' (and i'll do another) or i can create one for you.

^^^^^^

Argh!...Blast you Dark_Lady! Blast you and your evil ways!!!

@ starmark2k - So what do we do now, for those of us who've finished their timelines? Besides waiting for everyone else.

I don't know, Learn to dance the highland fling? run around in circles?

Ok we need more balance to this, so far we have 3 from Apex, 2 from ashoka, 3 from haven, 4 from Olympia and 2 from pharaz. So before we can start i need atleast 1 more character from Ashoka and pharaz.

Why? The empires will naturally have different ideas on what is an appropriate number of people to send.

I agree with Dark_Lady, besides, too many characters can make things a little bit too complex/crowded.

Perhaps we should decide that the party will only divide into two groups and go after two of the items which are most easy to track (and to find any clues on who stole them, why and where the other items are). For instance, it could be that the ship from Haven had a tracking system and wasn't turned off immediatly after it was stolen. (So it had a last location, e.g. one of the space stations in the I.T.s) or that another item was last seen somewhere (or it is suspected to be there...).

I have but one question for all of you, how will the groups be divided?

I agree, two groups would be good. Needless to say, Dr. Stevens and Maurus will be staying together, since it's incredibly difficult to guard someone from another part of the galaxy. :xp: So consider us the beginning of Group One.

-edit-

Personally, while I think having some idea of who we're going to go with would be good, I think the groups should be split up in the actual RP, say according to their abilities, to form the best teams.

Two quick FYIs

1) I've altered my Character Eugene to Jamie and made him a her... not as in he had a sex change change i just thought a lady would be better Not that she is much of a lady. :D

2) I'll start the RP on Thursday regaurdless of all the stuff being in, i want to get started and i know others do too, but i won't mention names. *cougth*Jasra*cougth*. The RP time will be two days before the taskforce is due to meet at Haven, this will allow us to start within the empires and get some small Character development out the way, but this shouldn't take more than a couple of pages.

Ok I'll let you know what the two groups will be and what they will be investigating i'll explain why later.

Afterthe Haven fighter will be:

Michael Samson

Jamie Struts

Tralane Baskus

Laique'Hen

Doctor Kayanta Stevens

Thian Maurus

Regina Holtzer

These guyswill be flying around in smaller ships and will be Led by Grace and Samson.

Investigating the Glo-Plasma generator will be:

Jennifer Nelson

Tien Sho-Khan

Janalia Ngyen

Mark Tylor

Patrick Makepeace

Shien Ciyagi Ryuu Jendai

Umbar Xerxes

Tekla

These people will be flying around in the Herculesand led by Mark Tylor.

OK this isn't set in stone yet so if you would like an alteration i can reshuffle it.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived