Home

The One Year Thread 2007: XWA's Celibatic Boogaloo

Rogue Nine

I. AM. SO. PISSED.

OK, so remember the girl I was all crazy about, but couldn't ask out because she had a boyfriend she had apparently been seeing for a long time? Well, I sent her an e-mail just to catch up since I hadn't talked to her since Christmas, asked how her Valentine's Day was and all that. Well, she said she just started dating someone new. DAMMIT. I guess that's what I get for not talking to her for two months - missed opportunity.

On one hand, at least she isn't getting married to that guy. (I don't even know if that's where they were, just a deduction on my part.) But on the other hand, now she's seeing someone new.

Well, I just said to myself..."**** it." I waited that one out because there was nothing else I could do. But this new one is just getting started, not serious yet, I guess, and I figured there will probably never be a better opportunity to tell her that I am interested. So, I replied and told her that I was a bit disappointed to hear that, since if I had known she was available, I would have liked to ask her out. Just real casual, nothing mushy or dramatic. I figure that's the best I could do. I pretty much couldn't stand NOT to do it. So if she just has absolutely no interest in me, I guess she'll say so now, and I can stop thinking about it.

Maybe that was a mistake, but what the hell...gotta live a little, right?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly keyan, go big or go home!

Today is not shaping up to be a good day.

Software install on a user machine went AWFUL, was afraid it was going to, and it did. Its this awful conglomeration of software, and once its messed up, the only option is to format and reinstall, even apparantly with a verison upgrade!

Have an interview later today with a newspaper from a close by town(the Bloomington-Normal Pantagraph) about the downtown wireless project. Its tough mostly because the last article written, ignored the City(my employers) part in it totally, and the person that they talked to at CUWiN snubbed us pretty bad. We are very worried its going to happen again, and its too late for us to deep six the project on them anyways, because our City Council loves it now.

And I can't really insult the project, I'm friends with 2 of the guys that work there, and it looks bad for us, even though they ****ed us over hardcore on the last article which was by the local paper. We got mentioned in passing as providing resources, those resources being 95% of the equipment used, tons of man hours, and the push to get it done. You can imagine how me, my boss, and his boss who is in charge of the budget(and gave us 5 figures in budget $$ to work with these guys with) felt about being snubbed.

So now its up to me to make us look great and try and steer the article/writer from sucking the grant funded projects preverbial genitalia throughout the whole thing. They are talking to a different person at the project this time, thats a 'friend' of mine, and not the guy that runs it and seems very self important........so that should help.

Worth the shot.

Hey, even in the worst-case scenario, you can die knowing at least you tried... which is more than I usually do.

Good luck with it. I wish you happiness. I really do. :)

Yeah, well, I don't even know that this would make me happy. It might just make me more miserable. My brilliant plan was to get to know her a little better, become closer friends while she was still seeing her boyfriend. That way, if it didn't work out for them, I would be in a good position to decide if I wanted to ask her out. However, it didn't work that way. So when I found out she and her boyfriend broke up, I was all like:

This turn of events is unfortunate. We must accelerate our plans - begin landing your troops.

Everything in my life has disintegrated in the last 72 hours. I'm not going to bore you people with details, but this is the lowest point I've ever been. A few months ago everything seemed pretty good after years of sucking, but that was my Battle of the Bulge. Now I'm the emtional equal to the last bitter defenders of the Reichstag, getting picked off one by one and seeing nowhere left to retreat to.

Everything in my life has disintegrated in the last 72 hours. I'm not going to bore you people with details, but this is the lowest point I've ever been. A few months ago everything seemed pretty good after years of sucking, but that was my Battle of the Bulge. Now I'm the emtional equal to the last bitter defenders of the Reichstag, getting picked off one by one and seeing nowhere left to retreat to.

See, that's what I love about this world - no matter how low I feel, I can always count on Nute to feel lower. Thanks, buddy :thumbsup:

Where's God when you need him to unleash some of his wrath at your will?

But on the bright side, Nute, you have us, and especially me, for supporting you with useless advice and ignorant comments about your failure.

I start: Nute, how about a killing spree, to relieve some stress and for the sheer fun of it? And we could like lean back and watch it happen in the media. Don't worry, just listen to your friends from the internet. You can trust us. Go get the gun. Take it. It's easy. See? Good Nute. Good Nute.

Aargh! Just typed a pretty long post about yesterday, went to hit the spell check, hit the wrong thing, jumped away from this page, and lost the whole thing! Dammit!

I'm not going to re-do the whole thing now... maybe later. Maybe never...

Here's the gist:

I was supposed to be at an 11 o'clock meeting; Already running late; Fire on the subway; Had to walk to work from Park Street; Missed meeting completely; Always happens to me; Life sucks; Hate mornings.

Rest of day at work was yawn-fest for most part.

Got home; went to bed early.

(From The One Year Thread Redux on 1/1/05: )

Got an e-mail from a buddy from college that I haven't heard from in a while telling me of a change in his e-address...

This person is now lurking here. In fact, he has actually gone so far as to sign up.

But don't feel you have to behave yourselves in any way... :dozey:

:joy:

Go get the gun. Take it. It's easy. See? Good Nute. Good Nute.

Funny... that sounds just like all the voices in my head...

*"Just a few more clips of full metal jacket rounds and we'll be ready... And then they'll all see... yes... YESSSSS!!!... Now they will all see!... The time is here! The world is ready!!!... Our glory is at hand!!!..."*

I'd tell'em they'd have to work with you there. I mean, how are you supposed to perform a violent, irrational and outmost bloodthirsty kill when opposed to such an distracting behaviour.

Those voices need discipline, go tell'em!

To the FBI: Folks, we really mean it. No really. We don't kid ya, we really think our talk in here is save, so if you dare, send us some of your agents, preferably female, because we would kill the male ones ad hoc. The female ones, however, will be covered with lots of semen, undercover agents, so to say. :dozey:

Archived