Home

The One Year Thread 2007: XWA's Celibatic Boogaloo

Rogue Nine

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well not only did i have my truck inspected, but it failed. by about 10 things. brakes, brake lining, some weird wires in the back, driver side front tire, catalytic converter, shocks, all would cost well over $1000. so i said **** it and drove off w/o it passing inspection. currently charging the acclaim's battery. for all the work on the truck i could be better off fixing the acclaim, at least that doesn't need a catalytic converter.

i also discovered after pulling into my driveway, those ****ers took what was holding my catalytic converter off and so it was like ****ing hanging there. trying to find a metal wire thing to tie it up. i'm so pissed off right now, cause i was only expecting a grant total of at MOST $400.....but no it had to be as much as i payed for the truck.

guess i got what i payed for....although the acclaim needs a transmission, it doesn't need half the **** that the truck needs.

acclaim needs:

transmission, left ball socket thing, 4 tires. it has a new catalytic converter (unless what i purchased from the place i just brought my truck from is rusted already).

well gotta go see if the ****ing battery is charged.

the adventures never end.....

edit: battery charged OK, managed to drive it without much troubles, only problem seeming to be it needs to be given gas in order to start or else it stalls. maybe it just needed a new battery.

couldnt find anything to tie the converter to the hanging part so i ended up using a screw and a part of an eraser didnt know it would get hot enough to melt the eraser. -_- where are the damn iron hangers when i need em.

I quit McDonald's.

*runs and stands on a chair*

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!

*makes breathing sounds like a stadium full of people*

Oh yeah crackle! it's your birthday! it's your birthday!!

*falls to the floor and starts spinning in a circle*

whoop whoop whoop whoop!

Today was fairly chill.

Dentist checkup/ cleaning was uneventful. (My hygienist said she saw me at work the other night at the Rollins show... She said I looked too busy at the time to bother trying to talk to me. Hard to believe that I looked busy that night... that was about as easy as a show ever gets for us!)

Work was mostly slow. A couple of calls. A couple of e-mails. A longish lunch. Pretty much the last of my personal CD collection ripped into iTunes. Time to start "borrowing" CDs from the school library.

Walked home. Probably the last shot I get this week,.. between long hours at work, and craptastic weather.

Stopped for windshield wash at auto-parts store. Looks like I'm likely to need it for the next couple of weeks. (Hmmm... Now that I'm thinking about it: I shoulda got some new wipers while I was at it and when I was there... Oh well! Later, I guess... 20/20 hindsight strikes again!)

Long day tomorrow. Early night tonight... if I can.

slept through all 3 alarms....woke up at like 9:00...showered then dropped my truck off at a garage down the road. told him i need a list of what needs repaired for inspection, and to change the front left tire out.

rainy day, so i am not that bummed out about missing a hunting day due to my truck that i would've missed anyway due to the rain. gonna hit up oblivion for a bit.

no work today. may end up going w/my parents into town later today.

edit: everything that needs fixed on my truck:

Front & Rear Shocks

Rear Brake Line

Rear Brake Shoes

Fuel Tank Straps (currently held up by a CHAIN!!!!)

Front Brakes & Rotors

Left Outer Tie Rod

Tail Pipe (?????!!!!)

Left Wheel Bearing

2 words: holy ****.

Played Xbox 360 most of the day....decided to do the Arena quest in Oblivion, it's pretty addicting. Kicking ass so far, only had 1 tough opponent couldn't figure out how to take him. Got into some GRAW 2 multiplayer, was kicking ass with the T95 or T65 machinegun just having a good time. then played a bit of Halo 3, didnt do too well on that...but had fun anyway.

I'm not sure what im gonna do about my truck. My one friend works at a pep boys and said to get him the list of repairs i need on the truck and he'd be able to find some dirt cheap parts and just use his 20% discount where he works to get it fixed. just seems to iffy to me, but we'll see. hell, i probably wouldn't be able to trade it in like it is now and get a dime for it.....but then again...i dont know for sure. i'm trying not to worry about it. hopefully it doesn't break down before i get another one or get it fixed. =\

im getting all excited about going out hunting. just hoping that if i get another car my insurance doesn't go up (cause i'll have to get fully insured......)

Yeah, that was silly! :D Not even in the O.C.S... where ever that be for the Navy.

You should seriously consider Officer, it may be full of red tape and bull****, but come on, one day you could be in Cmd of your own (well, the Navy's) ships!

nah, ive seen how bad it can be as a JO, i dont think i have the constitution to do that

Archived