Home

[NSW Art] Quanon's Sketch book stuff (56K warning)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing moves by putting slaves in the big wheels . Make them run and it should move slowly .

It's not ment for super rapid charges .

Ow , spelling , darn ! :lol:

Guess I should have had a closer look . :p

Cool idea with the slaves running in the wheels and at a second look the only word I found that needed a spelling correction was 'ankers'. Strange as it may seem the correct spelling is 'anchors'. English is weird.

Yeah , I'm training my skills in photoshop a bit ; So I want to do nice space backgrounds . Found this wicked tutorial on planets . So here's my result :p

What do you think ? Does it look real or ' movie ' effect worthy :D .

Planet3.jpg

Edit : half-hour later we have a planet in space :lol: .

Stars2.jpg

Been bussy last night ;P . This an attempt to creat a Gas-planet .

And drop it into space :D . Let me know what you all think .

Does it look to fuzzy or is it a bit a boring . I looking into making some niffty rings . But ... hey that's for next time I guess .

Gasgigant.jpg

This one has some moons around it :

Gasgiganntus3copy.jpg

Those are some really cool space-scapes. I love how much detail you put into the planets and all of the pictures have that space feeling somehow. I would say that they are easily good enough for movies, video games, and even fine art! I would love to see more!

Hey all , got something new ! And its 3D !

Took me 'ages' to make this , nasty errors about memory shortage as well :D .

800.000 + polygons for the original model made my PC nuts :p .

I've also included a quick-time movie , but its about 6Mb , so be warned it may take some time to load .

EDIT : plus another space scene :D , nebula effects

Anyway comments are welcome !

RenderF2.jpg

The movie :

th_1DAE7_Vermeireh_Opdr05_Anim.jpg

Space33copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

More war sketches! I really liked the one of the soldier carrying the dead girl. I had to look at it a moment before I realized that he was going to but her in a mass grave. Brilliant work! My only complaint, and it is a minor one, is that sometimes your characters tend to blend in too much with the background. Anyway that is the only real way I could see improving these awesome pieces of work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all !!! Been bussy drawing last night :p and this is a selection of my work .

First two are more war pictures and tried to follow Thortanes advice , I did a more lighter job on the horizon and certain parts of the background so that the figures don't dissapear in a haze of black lines .

First One :

War2.jpg

Second one is a lady on guard duty , hope you can see that its a women .

War1.jpg

These are sketches for fantasy knights :

Knights1.jpg

Knigts2.jpg

Last is a small study on heads , real pain to do it good without using photos as reference .

HeadS.jpg

So let me know what you all think , comments are welcome as allways ;) .

Returned with a new hand painted drawing , took me about 8 hours to create this baby . Its aquarel so its a very light .

Oh and it was to big for my scanner so I had to take photos of it , so some of them are not that sharp :s .

So let me know what you all think ;) .

SenZ2.jpg

A closer look .

SenZ3.jpg

Landscape stuff crummy version .

Used Terragen for landscape rendering , I'm not crazy todo everything photoshop :p . Glued in my own sky , it looks a bit akward I know ;)

Commits , critic stuff is welcome .

Scapecopy.jpg

Hey all , don't know if you rember those concept-drawings for a trébuchet/catapult ? This week our task was to model that "thing" in low poly : mine consists of 1200 + polys :p .

Just made some quick renders , the next task is to texture this baby :D .

It'll be hell to UVW-map this thing :lol: .

So enjoy and let me know what you think of it . Comments of any kind are welcome .

FRender1.jpg

FRender2.jpg

FRender3.jpg

FRender4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I was able to see the first batches (they where great!), but I can't see anything after that except for the photoshop ones. Is it my comp thats gone wrong, or is it something else? If it's not my comp, would you be kind enough to repost them? Hearing about gritty war scenes and slave powered machines of doom without being able to see them is no fun.

Archived