Home

Of sequels and false hopes

I read the article about how DF has a new publisher, and it said the "un-named" game was a new idea. So all my hopes of a psychonauts sequel were dashed aside.

But I have a question: If Psychonauts is so popular and beloved by the gaming community, and if the ending begged for another game, and DF has a big publisher backing them, is there any chance for a sequel?

I dont see why they couldn't and/or wouldn't make another one.

Even if they didnt make another video game, why don't they at least keep the story going in a graphic novel or comic or book series or something; granted it would be no where near as fun and mind blowing as the game.

Or is this just the rantings of a complete noob who didnt get the memo of a second game?

The original sales sucked, but that was mostly due to poor advertising by majesco...

But sence then, psychonauts has sold alot more and every gaming review its gotten has been phenominal. Im sure a second psychonauts would have great sales, sequels usualy do.

Oh, I see. I didn't have any problems with it; I got mine off of Steam. I saw it when I was looking at my Half-Life 2 updates and decided to try it out.

My problem with the demo was that you don't really get the full feel for the game; no levitation, psi blasts, buying stuff at the store, nuttin'. Maybe they should've created a diff level or let you play one with the cool powers (Milkman Conspiracy?).

Archived