Home

What I miss about SWG...

Guest DarthMaulUK

I'm quite suprised at the community on the game though. I recently landed on 'Eisley, and was about to go leave the starport when i saw about 5 rebel spec ops stood around talking. Being an Imp spec op, i thought myself to be in danger.

I was taken back when they just started talking to me about some random stuff, and none of them even came close to shooting me. In fact,i got 2 on my friends list and we went graut hunting on dantooine. Pretty awesome stuff.

then you got the ebay jedi elders who are the most arrogant, self-righteous piles of **** that you just wish would fall from the face of the earth..

Yeah, whenever I talk/invite to group they just get well p***** off, and I like the way lower level characters will just chat!

I wouldn't have sold it at all, money is SO easy to make in this game. I like making around 100,000 off missions and then going and buying random stuff off the bazaar terminals...

Hopefully they'll bring out AT-RT schematics so traders can create them, that would be very cool. Though the people that spent money to get the complete adventures for the at-rt alone would be pissed, but who cares!

Guest DarthMaulUK
Yes SWG is getting new players however at the same time just as many if not more are cancelling. The game hasn't had any real content added since ToOW was released. Even with the expertise system there is not much diversity, There have been no new quests, The GCW rewards are too hard to get. The one thing that made SWG what it was is the complexity however that is what MMO players want and with the NGE they removed that in order to atempt makeing a SWG clone of WoW because WoW was doing great in sales. .

Thats really the overall problem with galaxies. They haven't actually added ANY free content to the game since 2003, early 2004. And when they do, its just ANOTHER dungeon.

The money making machine kicked in when releasing all the bugged expansions. I remember RoTW. I was stuck for hours because, although shot dead, i couldnt clone...the best part about all of this, was the fact I couldnt actually shoot back! I also remember falling out of the gaming world and being stuck for hours.

I've a feeling though, that Lucasarts are up to something with the game. I remember some time ago chatting about a new game in development but then NGE was released. Galaxies had the most patient and dedicated community of any MMO and they were kinda kicked in the teeth.

naturally, adding new players is what its all about but it will never return to the good old days.

To be honest, i think it's what you make of the game. It's not as if the current game is unpalyable, it's alright. The problem was that they noobified it so much that the old player base left. Literally thousands of people disapeared and got replaced by all these new people. The gameplay changed, the economy took a huge hit and the huge reshuffle of professions was the final straw for me. It jsut changed from the game i loved and had no problems with to the game it is now. It's still a good game but just not what it was. When i first started there was no real tutorial, no free credits, no free vehicles or items. I just got dumped on Rori with a shirt, pants, Maroj Melon and a Cdef pistol and spent the next hour trying to earn enough credits for a ticket to Naboo.

Now, new people get half the game delivered to them on a silver platter as soon as they start. Sickening i tell you.

Archived