Home

[Fic] Sion VS Maul

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, you are capting their personality very well! Sion bursting the guy's head was just hardcore, although, i felt a little bad for the lady.

Great chapters.

Agreed. Sion and Maul's personalities are written well and I'm looking foward to who wins the duel.

Lol, but yes. A very good Horrer though, I guess I'm just not into horrers. You've got a couple of the scariest men in the galaxy, after all. It's not lkike Palpatine is scary. He makes you love him. And then he kills you or makes you his slave.

Maul faced the Imperial Senate Palace in front of him. It didn’t take him a while to locate his former master, because he knew that Sidious’s alter ego, Palpatine, lingered in that very building to play the role of the kind, promising Senator. Maul had recently discovered that the Republic he once knew had now reforged itself into a Galactic Empire, making Palpatine lead the organisation as the Emperor.

The structure Maul was seeing before him was a huge Citadel building, towering over the clouds above him in the sun set sky. The top region of the Skyscraper was crowded with many towers and small structures, making the building seem more like a castle.

The ship Maul travelled in had landed on a Docking Port set in the middle of the Building. In front of the Dock was a wide Catwalk, leading towards a large door imbedded into the exterior. Maul approached the door, and entered inside the building.

It took him quite a while to map the area he was currently in. But he sensed that his old master was lurking in the Observation tower on the top floor. The area Maul was in right now was a some sort of above level lobby. A gated walkway surrounded a gap that looked down at other levels below. Uniformed men and women wandered the walkway entering doors and elevators on the surrounding walls. Quite often, groups of white-armoured soldiers passed by. Everyone in the building didn’t seem to mind the dark, hooded character.

Maul walked across the walkway to the nearest elevator. He pushed the Call Button and the doors opened up to reveal an empty chamber. He walked into the Elevator and pushed the button to the top floor…

Sion drove the speeder (he just recently stole), and flew towards the upcoming Palace ahead of him. The tall, castle like, tower moved closer as the broken Sith Lord kept driving towards it. The speeder zoomed across field of tall buildings, other speeders passing by.

He finally reached the Palace, the speeder currently hovering over a platform somewhere near the Observation Tower. He landed the vehicle on the small docking port, turned off the engine and jumped out of the speeder. Infront of him was a small, metal door. He entered it and came into a small, furnished hallway. A group of Imperial Troopers were present in the hallway. They didn’t seem pleased to see Sion at all. They raised their weapons.

“Who are you? And what are you doing here?” one of the Soliders began.

“I’ve come for your master!” said Sion.

He raised a scared hand, and used the force to raise one of the white troopers. The Imperial was screaming while he was hovering in mid air. His back was facing the floor, and the man struggled. Sion grasped the man through the force, and broke his back, making a sound of a huge crack in the air. He let go of the man.

The Imperial Trooper fired their weapons at Sion, as he activated his Lightsaber. He deflected the bolts of lasers and they hit back at the opposers. But the armour they were wearing protected them blaster shot. But what merely happened was they got knock on their backs.

Sion approached the helpless opponents, and drew his Lightsaber across the heads. Helmets of the victims fell off the decapitated faces.

He walked to the elevator across the hallway and entered it…

Sidious paced in his newly, furnished office. A rather large room, with big circular window behind his Command Chair, overlooking the landscape of Coruscant. He climbed up the lighted stair case towards his chair, with many controls and buttons set into each on the armrests.

As he was about to rest on it, he was cut short by the opening door that accessed his room. A dark, familiar looking figure entered his room.

“Who dares enter my chambers without approval?” Sidious shot at the dark figure.

“Has it been so long you have already forgotten me, my old master?” the figure murmured.

The voice was familiar. It had been a long time since he heard the voice… of his old apprentice. But it couldn’t be. Sidious showed a grave expression on his severely wrinkled face.

“Maul?”

“Perhaps! It was a name I was once known by, wasn’t it? A name given by a master who used his apprentice for selfish needs.”

“You weren’t needed for my rise of domination over the republic! You were a useless factor! Merely a bitter waste of time I found on the old streets of Iridonia!” Sidious growled.

“And my, have you changed! The dark side clearly has no respect towards you! It turned you into a hideous living creature of undeserved power!” stated Maul.

“Say what you will, Maul. But I have grown into something even greater than what you are now!”

In the musky, man-sized, ventilation halls, Sion wandered the maze of dark tunnels that was to lead to Palpatine himself. He recently used the elevator, which crawled up slowly to the top floor to the Observatory. When the Elevator made a halt to the floor, Sion decided to perform a sneak attack on the Emperor from under his nose. So just as well, he exited the Elevator by using the Shaft. As he climbed up it, he found a passage in the wall that was safe to walk on.

Already his robes were getting filthy and were starting to look like moths infested it. But Sion didn’t care. All of what he cared most was domination over the Empire. And the only way he could do that is to kill Palpatine. But what Sion didn’t know, was that Palpatine was a powerful Sith Lord who was highly trained to use the dark side.

Sion walked in the many tunnels of the Ventilation System. But he haltered, as he came close to a gated, vent access port. He saw a dark room, which was very well furnished. One thing that was noticeable was the array of lighted steps that led up to a Uniquely designed, large chair sitting in front of a huge, circular window overlooking the giant city. Already he saw Palpatine, near the chair.

His face was quite startling. The nerves were completely severed, making curves and wrinkled al over his face. His eyes were glowing of the dark side, with dark, bruised looking bags underneath. But Sion sensed great dark power within this man, but not enough to stop him

Someone else was in the room. At the foot of the steps, was a demon. A red-skinned Iridonian, with black marks of Sith Tattoos all over him. His back was currently facing Sion, so he couldn’t exactly make out what the visitor looked like.

But the demon was something even more. Sion felt great dark power within this man, an equal to Sion himself. He sensed great rage, anger and fear fuelling his force powers, making him somewhat more powerful than Palpatine.

Sion decided to wait in the vent, to see how the chain of events will result. A battle looked as though it was about to begin.

“So what happens now, Maul? Now that this far from expected reunion has happened, how do you think the term of events shall turn out?” Sidious smirked.

“We will go back to what we didn’t finish a long time ago, Sidious!” said Maul, pulling from within his robe the double-bladed Lightsaber. He ignited it, and the two beam blades burst out of each end.

“You will find that my powers have increased since I was resurrected!” said Maul, flourishing his Lightsaber.

Sidious detached from his belt his own Lightsaber. A blood coloured beam ignited from the weapon.

Maul attacked first, jumping towards his enemy. Sidious reacted by parrying the attack with his Lightsaber. The swords of light clashed between one another. Critical strikes and attacks were performed by the two duellists…

Sion decided that this will be the appropriate time to reveal himself. He kicked the gate of the vent, with powerful force from his leg. It made a big thud when it crashed to the floor. But Palpatine and the demon didn’t seem to take any notice. Sion jumped down onto the cold floor, his fist helping him balance his knelt position on the floor. He stood up, and slowly walked towards the two fighters…

It was difficult to try and defeat his old master. But he sensed his master growing weak. He used Force Push on Sidious, and his old master fell on his back, dropping his Lightsaber and clattering down the lighted steps.

“You are beaten, master!” said Maul, pointing one of the blades from his Lightsaber down at Sidious’s throat. “I will end this, as I should have done many years ago!”

Maul raised the Lightsaber in a stabbing sort of position, but was stopped immediately. He felt searing pain of lightning hit from behind him. His body was in shock and he fell down the steps, and hit face first on the metal floor. He raised his head up at the stairs.

It was a horrific sight. His attacker looked so much like a living, rotting corpse. He was wearing a filthy black robe, with torn holes made through it. He spoke in a horrifying, shadow voice.

“Master versus Apprentice. It is the way of the Sith!” the corpse said towards Sidious.

“Two opposers who wish to kill me? Ironic!” said Sidious as he stood up to face his possible next opponent.

“You are not fit to rule the Sith! Your teachings blind your apprentice, as with what my master once did to me!”

“Then you must prove yourself, if you think you could do any better.”

Sidious called for his Lightsaber and the little cylinder flew across to his hand. He once again ignited it.

The corpse pulled off his rotted robes, to reveal his extremely pale, cracked flesh. He unclipped his own Lightsaber from his belt, and activated it. A scarlet-red beam of energy.

Maul’s energy quickly began to recover. He stood up, and was infuriated with this unwelcome guest. He saw a that the duel between the corpse and his master had begun. Maul summoned his Lightsaber to fly into his hand, activated it, and used a jump attack to oppose against the two fighters.

His Lightsaber clashed between the blades, creating a momentary pause.

“Well, ain’t this something! Three against each other” Maul exclaimed.

The three Sith Lords crossed their swords of light, engaging in battle.

“The two of you won’t stand a chance against me! I am an immortal. A plague that cannot be killed!” Sion intimidated towards the two.

“Merely over confidence in your power. It weakens you… thing!” Palpatine commented.

The great duel commenced between the three against each other. There was clanging against their striking Lightsabers.

Even though it was battle against each other, Sion and Maul seem to mostly concentrate their attacks on Sidious. Yet, Sidious was very fast and efficient at parrying their attacks in a defensive form.

Sion ran up the wall, and somersaulted back down with his Lightsaber is a spear-like position. The point of his beam facing down at Maul’s head. Maul quickly moved out of the way, and Sion slammed his feet against the floor, his Lightsaber impaled into the floor. He pulled it back out, and joined the battle once again.

Between each other, it was very hard to fight everyone at the same time, especially when they mean to kill each other. Attacking one opponent at a time. But everything the Sith Lords didn’t seem to take any affect against each other what so ever.

Maul performed a rather fast, powerful spinning attack against the other two. But the double-bladed Lightsaber barely missed Sidious, merely sliced his black robe. However, Sion took most of the blow. Another scar was made across his belly, adding to his entire collection. But it wasn’t deadly enough to destroy him.

Sidious used Force Wave against the two, almost breaking their spines when they took the fall. Sidious then used Force Jump and glided across down the stairs and landed on the foot of the steps. He looked in the corner, and saw a few boxes, most likely containing his possessions. He used the force to lift them in the air, and launched them at both Sion and Maul, who were attacking each other with their swords of Light.

One of the boxes hit Maul in the stomach, causing him to fall. The other box hit the window behind the chair. Cold air rushed into the arena, wind blowing everything around them.

Sion raised his Lightsaber, in a stabbing posture against the fallen Maul. He was about to finish him, until he felt great shock electrifying his body. Sidious cast Force Lightening against Sion, the feel of it was greatly powerful and very painful. While Sidious was striking Sion with the storm, he used the force to raise him in mid-air, and then shot him out the broken window.

The same was done to Maul. Sidious raised him as well, and launched the injured Iridonian out into the window. Both of the nuisances were taken care of…. Weren’t they?

• 2 weeks later...

Maul was in quite a shock when he found his former master flung him out a window. As he suddenly regained his consciousness, he looked at the view of a growing structure. Then he realized, the illusion was given because he himself was falling. He needed to act quickly, or he was going to splat on the miles down ground of Coruscant.

He reached for his utility belt, and pulled out a thin-nylon rope attached to a grapnel hook. He whirled it around his hand, and hurled it across to any landing spot it might hit. Maul then felt the tug ness of the rope, indicating that it latched on to something built on the palace. He was currently hanging there, holding on to the thin rope with his gauntlet-covered fingers.

Suddenly, he felt something latch on to his won foot. Maul looked down, and saw a living corpse from earlier hanging on to his leg.

“You!” Maul announced. “You’ll pay for this!”

“The failure was yours. You’re the one who has to pay, Iridonian!” the Sith Lord replied from below. “End out lives here, Maul. There is no other place we can go from here.”

“I can arrange that for YOU!” Maul kicked his other boot against the forehead of the corpsefied man. He grabbed both of his feet, and began to climb up. Maul struggled to try and wriggle the man off, but it was no use. He climbed up his body, and met him with head height.

“No. I can arrange that for you!” then the corpse head butted Maul’s face. He then punched the hanging Iridonian in the gut. Maul coughed out his own blood. Then, Maul used force push with his mind against the Sith Lord. The Sith Lord was forced off the Maul, but instead of falling, he landed on a Mantel Piece built on the palace. Maul swung from his rope, and he himself jumped on the Mantel Piece. And just as well: when he lost his Lightsaber from the fall, it must of landed on the Mantel Piece, waiting for it’s master to reclaim it.

Maul picked up his double-bladed Lightsaber, and activated both ends. Sion drew his own single blade from his belt.

“Defend yourself, corpse!” Maul intimidated.

“My name is Darth Sion!” then launched himself towards Maul, holding the Lightsaber with both hands.

Maul defended himself with the Ataru stance, and while at the same time attacking his opponent. It was difficult to duel on such a small stand, but somehow they managed. The powerful wind was blowing in they’re faces as they fought for themselves.

Yet Sion knew he was stronger then his opponent, Maul was more fast, quick and efficient. It was hard to keep up the pace while Maul was constantly slashing at Sion at a deadly speed. Sion jumped over Maul, and attempted to strike him down from behind, but Maul was too quick and possessed fast reflexes.

Maul performed Force Lightening, but Sion seemed to dodge the attack. He performed it again, only this time Sion blocked it off with his Lightsaber. He then jumped, and landed on one of the palaces flat-roof towers. The Mantel Piece wasn’t going to be the only arena available. Sion jumped on one of the towers, closest to Maul’s.

The two of them launched themselves against each other, flying to attack. As they reached mid-way, they countered each other’s attacks and landed on different towers. They performed the same trick again, the result was the same: Landing of on a different tower each time.

Maul flew across to Sion’s tower, and landed face to face with his archenemy. They flourished their Lightsaber’s against each other. Red-laser sword beams crossing with on another, and counter attacking each other. The two of them proved to be unstoppable.

Maul yet again performed Force Lightening; this time the result was a success! Sion fell off the Tower, gliding downwards on his back. Maul looked over at the view of his enemy defeated. He switched off his Lightsaber…

Sion fell down backwards, glaring at his sworn enemy. This was it! His life will finally come to an end. Or so he thought. He landed in the cockpit of a roof-less speeder. The driver obviously startled at the sight of a fallen victim who landed in his own vehicle.

Sion brought himself up, and looked at the Rodian pilot.

“Get out!” Sion barked.

The Rodian, scared at the sight of Sion, stood up and jumped out of the speeder. Sion then moved to the pilot seat, and took control. The game is on…

Archived