Home

[WIP]The Redemption of Yuthura Ban

jimbo32

Sorry for the double post, but I've got an update to add.

Yuthura performing the rescue on the Leviathan worked like a charm - the only thing that hosed it a bit was Carth and Bastila referring to Juhani in the interrogation scene. So far, so good.

Then I got to the confrontation with Malak, and Carth started the same conversation that you have on the Ebon Hawk - choosing who'll rescue the group. I discovered that the *.dlg (dialogue) files for the two scenes have the same name, so the one in override was screwing up the Malak conversation.

OK... , so I changed the name of the modified *.dlg and hex edited the script that triggers the Ebon Hawk conversation to point to the new dialogue. Worked great.

Then, I got to the conversation on the Ebon Hawk about Revan after Bastila has sacrificed herself. Except I didn't get that scene - I got the one about rescuing the group again. This time, it was the scripts that had the same name, so my hex-edited one was launching the modified *.dlg.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to address this (short of merging the two dialogues and attaching conditional scripts to them - too much effort for too little reward IMO).

I'm going to start a new thread about the issue, so if anyone has any ideas on how to get around the problem, please post them there. Although having Yuthura available to rescue the group isn't a big deal, it would be nice to find a way to do it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same model, but what I did was use the purple Aayla Secura face texture from Numark79's mod to get rid of all those darkside wrinkles. Basically, I created a mask in Photoshop, copied the area, loaded the mask onto the Yuthura texture and pasted it in. I desaturated the purple of the face and robes of Aayla Secura a bit so that it wouldn't be such a drastic change from what Yuthura normally looks like.

Another update.

Thanks to stoffe, the identical file name issue has been resolved. Yuthura can now rescue the party on the Leviathan with no ill effects on other scenes/dialogues (and no extra scripting required! :D).

BTW, in case anyone's wondering, she behaves exactly the same as Juhani for the cutscene etc. I've given her the Force Camouflage power as well as a stealth belt in her "hide" slot. The Leviathan rescue even uses the same script/dialogue (although Yuthura doesn't have any VO for that scene). Almost done!

• 1 month later...

Awesome, I can't wait to play it. I kinda like Juhani, but not enough to pass this by. I can only imagine quite a bit of work went into this. I have just gotten recoloring and editing item files down. The scripting and modifying other files like the .dlg files seems to never work for me. Anyways good luck and you're definately getting a download from me.

Great work Jimbo, its lookin' good. I love recruitable mods - the best i've ever played is probably RedHawke's Recruitable RedHawke 1.4 - it was very professional! I'll give this a try as i alsways thought Yuthura would be a great darksider to play with! Just one criticism though - hasn't there already been a recruitable Yuthura mod beforehand?

Still, it's good to see other modders personal creativity and i'm sure the mod will rock!

Great work Jimbo, its lookin' good. I love recruitable mods - the best i've ever played is probably RedHawke's Recruitable RedHawke 1.4 - it was very professional! I'll give this a try as i always thought Yuthura would be a great darksider to play with! Just one criticism though - hasn't there already been a recruitable Yuthura mod beforehand?

Still, it's good to see other modders personal creativity and i'm sure the mod will rock!

The only other recruit mod for Yuthura that I've seen was very basic. It included a few scripts to handle the recruiting as well as the *.utc file and a portrait (which was just an in-game screnie). Pretty "bare bones".

Also, if you're playing as a darksider, you'll be SOL. You need to be LS to recruit her (You turned her from the DS remember?).

• 4 months later...
where do you download

I haven't finished it yet. I got pretty busy with real-life stuff, and haven't had a chance. The only thing that has to be done is packaging it with Stoffe's installer, and hopefully I'll be able to get to it soon.

Great idea ... hope u can work out the voice-over problem :rolleyes:, may be you got a sister-girlfriend-whatever who wishes to speak a little ... ha! ; those skinning pics look awesome really ... ;)

I agree with those who believe T3 or Zaalbar are the more reasonable choices for NPC's replacement, others might affect the base storyline I guess ...

best of the lucks with this! :thumbsup:

Awesome work so far! Any news on progress?

I'm playing through KOTOR for a second time (just finished it for the first time, awesome game!), following the DS path for a change, and am using a couple mods to spice things up. Unfortunately, I killed Juhani, as I was trying out another mod that replaces her with a dark jedi - which proves to not work, (Author didn't even bother to test his work lol) so I'm stuck missing a party member.

Anyway, again, nice work so far, I eagerly await more info. Being a modder as well (for other games, I have yet to look at KOTOR's system), I can definitely understand the need for patience.

Edit: Oh wow. I have just reached Korriban on my second play through, this time a male character. Yuthura seems to have much more to say, this time I sided with Yuthura, and asked her about her past a bit. I had no idea how much she opens up... Although I couldn't go back to Dantooine, as it was my last starmap, I hear she's somewhere there if you spare her eh? I can see why you chose to create this mod.

Anyway, I'm just babbling. Now that I'm nearing the end again, I might start to look at some tutorials and try some modding myself... I know I'm going to love this mod, when you complete it.

• 2 months later...

i am new here and read that and i cannot wait du play kotor with this mod.when it will be ready and can download

Edit: yes who can write jimbo 32 an e-mail to ask when the mod will be ready,i cannot write it because then comes a window.there stand that i cannot see his email adress.sry thats off topic

Just a note to let everyone know that I'm still alive :D.

The mod has been finished for some time, but I've yet to pack it with stoffe's TSLPatcher. Once I'm able to get that done, I'll see about getting it hosted for download. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

[Yoda voice]Patience Padawans![/Yoda voice] :)

BTW Shadow, since you have to be LS to recruit Yuthura in this mod, I'm afraid you're out of luck with your current character. Look on the bright side though - you'll have a good excuse to start a new game!

Just a note to let everyone know that I'm still alive :D.

The mod has been finished for some time, but I've yet to pack it with stoffe's TSLPatcher. Once I'm able to get that done, I'll see about getting it hosted for download. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

[Yoda voice]Patience Padawans![/Yoda voice] :)

BTW Shadow, since you have to be LS to recruit Yuthura in this mod, I'm afraid you're out of luck with your current character. Look on the bright side though - you'll have a good excuse to start a new game!

Haha... I assumed that some Dark Jedi came and executed you along with lots of other Jedi due to Order 66 :p Ahh well at least, I am not alone no more :xp:

Great to see you back jimbo, look forward to this mod

Archived