Home

Grand Theft Auto 4

Ztalker

Hoping it comes out on PC, but I'll have a next gen console by then...at least I hope so. Love any game that comes out on PC simply for the ease of control, console controllers never really went over so good with me.

One thing I'm really hoping for though, is more mini games. Playing Saints Row could spoil you on this one, the mini games were a blast. Insurance fraud was endless hours of fun. It's playing in traffic, 1,000 times cooler. (If you haven't played SR, gamespot's descriptions is as follows...

"Insurance Fraud is fun, although it can be difficult. The basic goal is to let yourself get hammered by as many cars as possible within the amount of time given you. In order to gain money, you have to travel to the red target area denoted on your map, then dive in front of fast-moving cars by tapping the left or right analog sticks. About half of the cars on the streets will temporarily be driven by insane people while you perform Insurance Fraud, causing them to move about twice as fast as they normally do and drive through red lights and stop signs.")

so is it in the UK or not?

it should be good, seeing as you can put 50GB of stuff on the blu-ray disc and San Andreas took up the whole 8GB of the DVD(thats why they can't put it on the PSP). so there should be better graphics, more interactivity, more vehicles, bigger map, etc.

I know most of the people here are more inclined to RPGs, and there're parents and housewives here who would detest this game for corrupting children. Nonetheless, it's undeniable it's one of the most anticipated titles that are to arrive in 2007. Positive or negative, feel free to discuss and share what you think or expect from this game.

P.S. Btw, this new section in LF is cool. I appreciate the good forum management here.

Downloading GTA2, which I heard is the best in the series.

I played GTA3 and GTA: VC, and they are pretty neat, but once you played one, you played them all. GTA2 had a better storyline than the rest of the GTA series, so that's why I'm downloading it. The GTA series, especially GTA3, invented the "sandbox" gerene, which is pretty historic for video games, but, well, to me, it just lost its appeal. Mercs used the sandbox more effectively than the GTA series, IMHO.

All I hope is that GTA4 takes place in Anywhere City, the city where GTA2 takes place.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm okay with the violence. It's the "sex" that drives me insane, however. What's the point? It's just needlessly offensive and useless. I rather go and use my tank and blow stuff up rather than go and pick up a hooker.

GTA: San Andreas is a wonderful game. Lots of people are infuriated about the adult content, but I just don't see why. I mean, the average gamer is well over 20 years of age now, so is it really so unreasonable to make games with that sort of content in it? Besides, some of the Leisure Suit Larry games had far more graphic adult material in it, so what's the big deal? I don't see lynch mobs of angry moms in the streets or irate politicians lecturing ethics over that for some reason...

Wake up, people! In case you hadn't noticed, the days when computer games are played only by 12-year-olds after school are long gone - welcome to the new millennium!

As for GTA4, I don't know. I'd love to see what they're doing, but it doesn't sound like it'll be out for the pc, which means I won't be buying it. Period.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the trailer on the official site yesterday. Man! It's short and sweet. Looks like GTA 4 will feature Liberty City once again, but it will probably be a lot bigger and different than it was in GTA 3. The main character is a new one... again, but hopefully he'll be an interesting one. I sincerely hope that this game will be released for PC, it's one of the most entertaining game series I've played.

Seems the GTA-haters are already out in force even before gta4 has even been released. This time the trailer seems to have caused it. Apparently the powers that be in NY are none to pleased that Liberty City looks a bit too much like their beloved city.

But then again, we knew it was only a question of time... ;)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161197

EDIT:

Cool look that speculates about the actual size of Liberty City in GTA4. Not proof, no, but putting it in Google Maps is pretty cool:

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=200704191564744050&releaseId=20060308105930968037

Archived