Home

Senni Vek

SykoRevan

Something I noticed recently is when you kill Calo Nord, a member of the Genoharadan named Senni Vek, who is a green Twi'lek gives you the datapad to see Hulas on Manaan. Later on, at the Manaan Swoop Racing registration, you see another green Twi'lek named simply Vek. Are these 2 the same person, and if so then why does Revan not recognize him and say something?

Something I noticed recently is when you kill Calo Nord, a member of the Genoharadan named Senni Vek, who is a green Twi'lek gives you the datapad to see Hulas on Manaan. Later on, at the Manaan Swoop Racing registration, you see another green Twi'lek named simply Vek. Are these 2 the same person, and if so then why does Revan not recognize him and say something?

Wow. I never noticed that.

I think that later on, Hulas will give you a mission to kill off a Green Twilek. If I remember correctly, that Green Twilek is Vek. :)

As to why Revan did not call out Vek, I wonder why did Vek not call out on Revan. Oh well...blame it on a big plothole Bioware forgot to plug.

Yeah, they're the same person. Vek is part of the Genoharadan: he works for one of the leaders (the Selkath on Manann). So when they decide to induct Revan, he gets sent out to pass on the message. When Hulas turns you on the rest of the leaders, you can talk to Vek to get to his boss, one of your targets.

It's an interesting theory, but I don't think it's possible. Vek and Revan never recognize each other, and with how Hulas is trying to assassinate Ithorak it wouldn't be a very good idea on his part to use the guy's bodyguard to contact the assassin. To use one of his own agents (Senni Vek) would have been much safer.

It's an interesting theory, but I don't think it's possible. Vek and Revan never recognize each other, and with how Hulas is trying to assassinate Ithorak it wouldn't be a very good idea on his part to use the guy's bodyguard to contact the assassin. To use one of his own agents (Senni Vek) would have been much safer.

You are right. And if Senni Vek and "Vek" the bodyguard are the same person, Hulas would just send "Vek" the bodyguard to kill off Ithorak, no?

Shame that Bioware made yet another mistake.

EDIT: Unless...

You see, I think the Gehnohadarn are based on the Illumianti, and the various depections of it. A shadowy organization, out to do terrible things. They give strange orders, in order to fufil their conspiracies. An agent might be told to "go and hand a datapad over to this random person" without reading it. This agent may not even know the guy, may never meet him again. But they are told to give this datapad...and make sure you give it to the third guy who walks past the Kassykk tree...or else. :evil:

They also tell you to do other stuff...for example, polish this door to make it so shiny. You are not told why, but it is that this order that you obey. You do not know that, in the next day, a firefight will be staged in this room, and that the Illumanti agent will use the shiny door in order to reflect his mining laser to aim it at an Czerka Corporation Director, assainating him, while making sure NO ONE ever finds out. (Officer, I was trying to attack all these evil criminals when I accidently missed and hit a door. Who would have know that this door would be so reflective that it hits my best friend, this Czerka Corporation Director?)

Their plans are werid, but they fit a specific purpose...and everything goes according to plan. You do not know their goals, but you do know they are winning...

So, prehaps Hulas don't actually trust his agent, Vek, the bodyguard. Prehaps he fear that by leaking the information to Vek, he risks having Vek tell his master. Or, he wants someone more disposable and easy to monitor, remember, Hulas wants to use your character to get rid of the other Genohardan leaders and then throw him to the wolves. Hence, he lets Vek, the bodyguard, fly over and meet up with Revan to hand over the datapad, with Vek not knowing anything about why he hands over the datapad, but doing so anyway under orders from Hulas.

Welcome to the Land of Conspirascy.

(Which leads to the question...what is the Genohardan's goal? They were the Secret Service of an ancient Empire that is dead...and they serve the Republic only for their own reasons...but why are they there? I hope this doesn't get revealed, so they continue to remain mysterious, but it is interesting to point this question.)

I thought this too, but there's also the possibility that Revan simply didn't recognize him since all Twi'leks (at least in the game) look alike except for color, and since the Genoharadan are a secretive society, Vek would at least be smart enough not to talk about it in a public area like the Manaan swopp races. I also theorized that Hulas used Vek's incompetence to find out who Ithorak Guldar was in the first place.

I thought this too, but there's also the possibility that Revan simply didn't recognize him since all Twi'leks (at least in the game) look alike except for color,

Just a gameplay element, I think. If you go along with that, you'd figure the galaxy is filled with clones of 20 or so people.

Twi'lek's aren't like Duros or Killiks, anyway. They have very human-like features that a human could obviously tell the difference between.

and since the Genoharadan are a secretive society, Vek would at least be smart enough not to talk about it in a public area like the Manaan swopp races.

Vek would be an idiot to schedule a 'meeting' between Revan and his boss, in that case. After finding out he killed one of the most dangerous bounty hunters in the galaxy, that would be stupid with a capital S. :)

I also theorized that Hulas used Vek's incompetence to find out who Ithorak Guldar was in the first place.

Still not reason to rely on an enemy's bodyguard to contact the assassin who'll kill his boss. Using a more trustworthy minion could get the same results with far less risk.

@SilentScope, I'd guess they just want to change the galaxy as they see fit. Individuals or organizations as powerful as they are can rarely resist meddling in other's people's business, whether out of personal greed or to do what they consider right.

Vek would be an idiot to schedule a 'meeting' between Revan and his boss, in that case. After finding out he killed one of the most dangerous bounty hunters in the galaxy, that would stupid with a capital S. :)

You have to realize that running the Gehnohardan society can make you lose some IQ points. In the cut content of K2, the false Batu Rem basically tells you "I am a GenhoHaradan" before attempting to kill you all...which is a very, VERY stupid mistake...for how can you keep secret the GenhoHardan if you tell everyone about it? (Glad it was cut.)

I noticed that in Star Wars it becomes a crisis when two characters have the same name in any way or a simular name. I remember when the name Bail Antilles was introduced in TPM, people automatically thought it was Bail Organa because they were from the same planet. Or when the name Sifo-Dyas was introduced, people thought it was too close to Sidious.

Has anybody noticed in life that there are several people out there that have the same name, or different people who have simular names? And keep in mind that it's on our home planet of Earth. :xp:

It's too much to think that in Star Wars there are 10's of 1000's of planets and that two Twi'leks could actually have the same name or not happen to be the same person?

But it's just so much of a coincidence Shem.

1. Of all the planets, Vek is just chilling there on Manaan, so we do indeed get to see him.

2. Same species

3. Same affiliation

That's why people are so curious about it I suppose. I personally think they are different though, I haven't played in a long time but I remember there being hints they're different (even though appearance doesn't count for much, they dont wear the same clothing IIRC).

I noticed that in Star Wars it becomes a crisis when two characters have the same name in any way or a simular name. I remember when the name Bail Antilles was introduced in TPM, people automatically thought it was Bail Organa because they were from the same planet. Or when the name Sifo-Dyas was introduced, people thought it was too close to Sidious.

Has anybody noticed in life that there are several people out there that have the same name, or different people who have simular names? And keep in mind that it's on our home planet of Earth. :xp:

It's too much to think that in Star Wars there are 10's of 1000's of planets and that two Twi'leks could actually have the same name or not happen to be the same person?

Well stated Shem. It's like find a person in South Korea with the last name of Lee, Park, Kim, and Choi.

I could edit that Wookiepeedia right now to say they're different people, if I wanted to. It's not a very reliable source given how anyone can change it. (Probably why I've caught over 20 errors)

All that says is that they're the same person, anyway. I don't see any of the issues we've been addressing earlier answered.

1. Of all the planets, Vek is just chilling there on Manaan, so we do indeed get to see him.

2. Same species

3. Same affiliation

Maybe 1 and 2, but do we know 3? All we know is that Senni Vek is one a Twilek with an Imperial officer uniform who may very well know nothing about the GenoHardan.

Shem's theory seems to me the most plasuible, even in Star Wars, where they are "no true concidences", in the words of Kreia. :p

2. Same species

3. Same affiliation

That's why people are so curious about it I suppose. I personally think they are different though, I haven't played in a long time but I remember there being hints they're different (even though appearance doesn't count for much, they dont wear the same clothing IIRC).

Maybe I can join a local club and meet two guys named John Smith on different nights and wonder if they're the same guy. :xp:

What about it? Just because Hulas is there. Heh, Senni Vek probably don't even knows how Hulas looks like, if he's a Rodian or a Aqualish. Remember, that even for him, a guild leader, it was difficulty to find out the identety of the others leaders.

2. Same species

"As one trained on the Force, you know that true coincidences are hard". :)

Indeed, and that's a hard one.

3. Same affiliation

Huh? Vek, from Manaan, isn't from the Genoharadan!

Archived