Home

Judging a book by it's cover.

Yes, that is most definitely a movie poster.

Awesome Clone High episode. Love the intro, but not that familiar with the series. I heard they pulled the show because it was "controversial." Is that true? Tom Green's a hoot! I was good for the first 7mins of that, then Abe had to get all queer and gross me out.

^^^one of the books I haven't finished. It's gonna take me a while to get back into it. Brown's work is alledgedly all true, yet there are many differences in opinions. To me, Dan Brown sounds very pompous. It'd be just as easy to say it's fiction (instead of mixing truth & fic) then let readers think, "I wonder..." But apparently, Dan Brown was the only one blessed with such intimate knowledge of the Templars, Catholic Church, and Illuminati...and he manages to get these secrets out without risk of life or limb???

I read The Davinci Code and was thorougly unimpressed. It seemed to me that it was written just so Dan could make up a bunch of stupid plot twists and call it an interesting story.

That said, I don't like Umberto Eco's stuff either, because of the same thing. Putting so many little historical factoids in your book doesn't make it any easier to read you idiot. There were parts in Focault's Pendulum that were decent but overall it was dreadful slogging through it.

Archived